NEWS

What happened to official Errata?

• 59 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <08-28-15/0559:24> »
So... it's been a month since the last post and there's still no news of anything.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there should have been something released by now.

But for fucks sake can you at least let us know that there IS really ANY errata being worked on?
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <08-29-15/0055:40> »
So... it's been a month since the last post and there's still no news of anything.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there should have been something released by now.

But for fucks sake can you at least let us know that there IS really ANY errata being worked on?

Errata was taken out back and shot in the head!!!

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #17 on: <08-29-15/2324:19> »
All of the errata will be rolled into 6th edition and announced with the release of the 5E Rigger supplement sometime in 2016. :p
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #18 on: <08-31-15/1032:19> »
Lol
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

ikarinokami

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <08-31-15/1736:19> »
is it still funny if it's true?

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #20 on: <08-31-15/2132:29> »
In a depressing kind of way, yeah.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Finn

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <08-31-15/2239:17> »
All of the errata will be rolled into 6th edition and announced with the release of the 5E Rigger supplement sometime in 2016. :p

Word
Sorry, I replaced 1/4 of my brain with a VCR, I only speak Rigger now.

Max Mustermann

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <09-10-15/0213:43> »
Errata was taken out back and shot in the head!!!

was it possible for anybody to find some errata-pieces, maybe a leg, hand or something like .... :o or maybe the errata-zombi? Any little piece? :o

kind regards Max
Please remeber, i'm not a native, due to this my english will be ... not really good ;-)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <09-10-15/0657:28> »
I pinged Jason H on this last week...it is on the radar. However, no specific time frames at the moment.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <09-10-15/0706:36> »
I pinged Jason H on this last week...it is on the radar. However, no specific time frames at the moment.

Well I guess it's better than the nothing we've had since SG.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

KraakenDazs

• Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <09-12-15/0346:39> »
Patience young grasshopper.

Some of us remember that 2013 was to be the ''Year of Shadowrun''. almost 2 and a half years later and we still have bugfixes for the main Core Rulebook. 2.5 years, and you're expecting official errattas for Data Trail and anything that came out THIS year? :P

In all brutal honesty though, better laugh than get angry about it, otherwise you're in for a long, miserable time.
Better enjoy what is, than whats not. Shadowrun is a complex system that will FORCE you to make calls. Make sure YOU know this. Make sure your GROUP knows it. From the get go.

I've grown very cynical towards the current line of product, and i've vowed not to give cgl a single dime for improper products. And i haven't since RUn Faster. From what i read, im missing out on a lot of things i couldn't use correctly anyway. Hardly a loss. Lots of game time is devoted to rule consulting. Improper editing makes this particularly painful, so i'd rather just not have that weight in on my games. BUT i keep an eye out and don't dismiss the possibility of encouraging the company if it steps up its game. I'm just surprised to see such amateurish mistakes from both a long standing rpg company AND a long standing franchise in itself. As for the product themselves, you get what you pay for, and can demand nothing more. Hope sure, but don't hold your breath.

And while talent and passion is evident on many levels..someone, somewhere, is either dropping the ball , or doesn't care enough. Clogged bureaucracy aside, 2 years and a half of the same old, same old, doesn't show bottlenecking but poor planning. Or perhaps high ego/trust issues that doesnt allow for proper delegation at the bottlenecking level.

BUT nonetheless, SR5 is a magical, complex, twisted fickle but wonderful thing. I still like it a lot. I WISH i could love it. Take it in stride, and make sure your group is aware of its downfall, otherwise its ALL you'll see. But its filled with AWESOMENESS, crunchwise as well as fluffwise. Just be ready for the need to 'wing it. Those that can't handle it should reconsider tabletop, free-ranging rpgs to be honest and go play Shadowrun Retuns, Dragonfall, and HK.

Bitterness won't make the errattas come out faster. Pressure will only bring anger to the people in place, making them LESS interested in actually pushing it forward, and offers no solutions. How many people have been suggested to contact CGL? How many people have done so. We should all either accept the current state as we do not care enough to take ACTIONS towards fixing it, OR take said actions towards a resolution. Frustration as an indication of a problem is great and necessary. Holding on to that frustration and holding others to your expectation of what is or should be, no matter how common sensed you figure it is? Bad for your qi , omae.Bad for your qi. ;)
« Last Edit: <09-12-15/0350:44> by KraakenDazs »
Maybe, just maybe, concrete and Plasteel are MEANT to armor our planet, and not harm it, omae. Hydroponics can nourish our needy. And i assure you nuclear energy's been involved in getting you that fancy 'ware, chummer.Our mistake? Trading Wisdom for Greed. - Dögan "Babyface" Kross

&#24525;

« Reply #26 on: <01-12-16/0009:52> »
So, how's it going everyone?  :P

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <05-05-16/1106:52> »

Enough time passes and statements like "it is on the radar" lose all meaning. They can't even be bothered to make an official statement on why they can't be bothered to release errata for the books they can't be bothered to edit well. :~(

cchopps

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <05-05-16/2036:39> »
8 months since that "on the radar" post is a long time.  :'(

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <05-05-16/2155:31> »
There was supposed to be a Street Grimoire errata and re-print last month... so far it hasn't materialized, nor have there been any updates.

I just... I just don't understand why this is so hard. Yes, there are limitations put in place as a small company. But at the same time this is the PR equivalent of seppuku, it's slowly destroying the Shadowrun brand as each new book comes out and none of the glaring and long-standing errors are fixed.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor