NEWS

[SR4] Drone Sensor Check

• 1 Replies

uncletuku

• Newb
« on: <07-25-13/0846:51> »
Having a bit of a dispute with a friend of mine over how Drone Perception works.

Jumped in full VR with Hotsim  GM says make a Visual Perception Check.

I have a drone with an overal sensor rating fo 4 and Visual Enhancement 3 added to the sensor package.

I say that I roll my perception skill(5)+Sensor Rating of the drone (4)+ Visual enhance(3)+Hotsim(2) witch ends up with 14

He says I should roll Perception (5)+ Visual Enhance(3)+Hotsim(2) for 10 dice and not use the overall sensor rating at all. 

Witch one of us is correct?

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-25-13/1812:43> »
Quote from: SR4A, p245
Any tests are made using the rigger’s skills and the drone’s attributes (substituting Response for Agility and Reaction and Sensor for Intuition).

It's a Perception test (Perception + Intuition), where Intuition is replaced by the drone's Sensor rating.

Unless a character specifically takes an Observe in Detail Simple Action to perceive, she is considered to be distracted by whatever task is at hand (suffering a –2 dice pool modifier).
And unless you take the time to Observe In Detail (+3 dice for actively looking), then you're taking a -2 dice penalty - which puts you on 12 or 17 dice before other modifiers.