NEWS

Need help with two questions

• 3 Replies

TheFinish

• Newb
« on: <08-09-12/1735:09> »
Sorry if these have been asked before, I used the search function but couldn't find what I needed to ask.

1)What happens if you use Carbon Boron (or Kevlar or Delta Amyloid) on Form Fitting Body Armor? Do you add the ratings to the original and then halve for Encumbrance, or does it work more like helmets? I'm asking because the upgrade makes the armor end with odd numbers in Ballistic and/or Impact scores, so it would need rounding somehow.

2)How do apply the 20% decrease in maximum range (or the 10% increase, as the case may be) when you take the Barrel Extension/Reduction mod? Do you base on the maximum of each of the brackets or only on the one for Extreme Range?

Thanks in advance.
"Pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind"

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-09-12/1741:45> »
1)What happens if you use Carbon Boron (or Kevlar or Delta Amyloid) on Form Fitting Body Armor? Do you add the ratings to the original and then halve for Encumbrance, or does it work more like helmets? I'm asking because the upgrade makes the armor end with odd numbers in Ballistic and/or Impact scores, so it would need rounding somehow.

It appears you break the rules.

By the description of the three enhancements they work with regular clothing or armored clothing, and that's it.

2)How do apply the 20% decrease in maximum range (or the 10% increase, as the case may be) when you take the Barrel Extension/Reduction mod? Do you base on the maximum of each of the brackets or only on the one for Extreme Range?

The descriptions for the two modifications specify that each of the range categories is affected. The Barrel Extension is a little more explicit, however the Barrel Reduction does specify "...range categories..." in the plural form.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #2 on: <08-09-12/1745:38> »
Well, in the case of Delta Amyloid et al, you wouldn't, because those armor treatments can only be performed on clothing.

Which means pretty much only regular non-armor clothing, the specific "armor clothing" item from the main book, or the armor clothing lines from Arsenal (p 45 to 47).

FFBA is not considered an 'armor clothing' line.

-k

TheFinish

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <08-09-12/1746:36> »
Ah alright, that cleared things up. Thanks a bunch guys.
"Pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind"