NEWS

SpinGlobal Grid

• 3 Replies

Lorebane24

• Omae
« on: <03-29-18/1345:19> »
With Spinrad Global being the newest AAA, it follows they will be getting their own global grid.  It's entirely possible this has been detailed somewhere, but it's sure not in Morrocco or Dark Terrors, so I thought I'd do a little writeup on what it could look like for anyone who wants to use it.

From other grids, the icon just looks like PinGlobal's logo hanging in the sky.  It's temproray, and as they get everythig up and running they are likely to change it to something flashier.

When someone moves onto the grid, a painless sandstorm whips up around them until it obscured all vision.  Then the sand starts to change into sparkling gold dust and subsided, and the user finds themselves on the Spin grid.

The grid itself, like much of SpinGlobal, is a reflection of Johnny Spinrad's "go-big-or-go-home attitude."  The user finds themselves in an enormous amusement park filled with all sorts of VR rides and game that are free for subscribers, but require microtransactions for visitors and trial members to access.  These attractions are generally of the "thrilling" variety, such as roller coasters, tracjs for racing cars, or bungee jumpig.  When a user wants to find hosts or go shopping, they simply need to duck into one of the alleys that are everywhere, and will find themselves wandaring through a bustling bazaar.  Hosts take the formss of stalls and shops that are simetaneously seedy and oppulant, thougg once a user actually steps inside, the interior looks however the host's owner want it to.

SpinGlobal's Demi-Gods are mostly former NeoNet Demis, and will use similar tactics and training.
« Last Edit: <03-29-18/1418:47> by Lorebane24 »
The power of the Tri-Horse!

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-30-18/2116:33> »
Oh we have a new AAA who fell/merged?

I'll have to actually buy the new books to see when/how that happened. I've been sort of intending to do that for awhile but DrivethruRPG where I normally buy is not recognizing my password or sending me a new one.

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <03-30-18/2209:42> »
Yep.  As of Dark Terrors, NeoNet has collapsed.  The CC ruled that Richard Villiers couldn't serve in a "director or officer" for 10 years, so has essentially rented ownership of JRJ International (and the Golden Ticket that comes with it) to Johny Spinrad, whose company had merged with Global Sandstorm (hinted at in Cutting Aces).
The power of the Tri-Horse!

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-30-18/2249:57> »
I see interesting. I wonder what effect this will have on the matrix going forward.