NEWS

Jialong Data Haven

• 195 Replies

adzling

« Reply #30 on: <11-13-15/0938:06> »
<ooc> nice recap, good to have another perspective on the run. Both posts are good for exposing the internal thinking your characters. +1 karma! <ooc>

MathBlade

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <11-14-15/0222:44> »
<ooc: Sorry this is so late! Long week! Looking forward to game tomorrow! ></ooc>

Jiao smiled back at her apartment after that mayhem was over. Once again she continued her streak of not having to cast a combat spell. Sure she has tried some banishings recently but most of the time she let the others handle icky combat. Deception is more her thing. Looking back at how efficient everyone was Jiao smiled. It was almost as if she got paid to tag along. Normally she would take that and just go then sleep with some corporate guy but since having joined an order and having friends for the first time something ate at her.

She actually wanted to help. Looking back at the interrogation she felt a little rusty. Maybe she was just not revived by the airport quicky anymore. Or maybe the weird guy's words about sex being a tool were sticking. Jiao shook her head. Whatever the answer was it was irrelevant now. She needed to figure out how to use the information she had on this drug to change her life around. Maybe then she could get the rounded keg back...but for now her hands roam over the file, red wine in hand. Typical Saturday night.

Jrezky

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <11-14-15/1937:33> »
So, I know this is way late but as you might have heard, things have been hectic with the new job times and all that. Anyway, it's probably too late for karma, but here's Olofmeister's background for the record:

Olof, a troll from Essen, Germany. Olof is large, even for a troll. This means that most of his work was taking jobs as bouncers in bars & clubs around town, considering he could bounce at a club for Orks and/or Trolls. Olof made a name for himself by single-handedly stopping a gang shootout in a particular hole in the wall. Afterwards, Olof was approached by someone who called himself J-ReZ who happened to be on the scene, and said if he was looking for some shadow work, to contact a fixer in Hong Kong by the name of Andrew Zhou.

Beginning to become quite fed up with the legit work he was getting, ushering those too messed up to help themselves out the door, for too little money. He got in touch with this Zhou character, who initially introduced himself as Jin Zhou, Andrew being a sort of nickname. Olofmeister made a couple trips to Hong Kong, enough to get a lay of the land and even had enough successful work to land himself a name for himself. The frequent traveling between Hong Kong and New Seattle, while lucrative, has been leaving Olof with the feeling he'd never see his hometown again. As long as the money keeps coming, he's okay putting it off with a commlink connect once in a while, but sometime when it's convenient he'd like to visit the friends of all types he had in Essen.

Regardless, Olofmeister being a very quiet character, who generally looks intimidating just standing around, isn't one to gossip or talk about the good ol' days. Quiet and contemplative, he's usually happy just going with the flow.

adzling

« Reply #33 on: <11-16-15/1031:52> »
<ooc> congrats on first post +1 karma! <ooc>

adzling

« Reply #34 on: <11-16-15/1034:12> »
<ooc> so Aiko, Ping, Wyt & Jan. What's your next step with the Yinhe? Your currently all aboard the vessel as it steams towards the Philipines on auto-nav. <ooc>

Jan Schaefer

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <11-18-15/2238:39> »
Jan frowns as he thinks aloud.  "We are to sink the ship bound.  Most or all from us agree so.  The question is, if we the drugs should take up, to sell.  Right?  So, our employer has nothing about the cargo said.  That to me says take up and sell.

"But one thing occurs to me.  Can it that our employer the attack arranged?  From the Shedim?  A living shadowrunner is a paranoid shadowrunner.  That is something kind of a coincidence, not so?  That we the ship find, just while the Shedim taking it are?   I don't think so.

"Were we the B team?"

Wyt

• Newb
  • Before the black...comes the wight...
« Reply #36 on: <11-19-15/0104:05> »
I would like to sink the boat, take nothing, and be done with it.

Wyt

• Newb
  • Before the black...comes the wight...
« Reply #37 on: <11-19-15/0214:34> »
Finally met the enemy the team was waiting for, literally waiting in the back of a van invisible. Our teammate tricked our enemy into believing that everything was fine, that no problems were present, even though two problems were quite threating. We waited until we brought him to the designated place, he started to feel paranoid, I could see it. His instincts were warning him that something was wrong, I quickly drew my sword and placed it at his throat. I told him not to move as I began to come into his vision, as the invest spell dropped. Faster than I could have ever expected, this man slapped my sword away with his bare hands.

Maneuvering in this van, crouched, with little room to work with, me and this enemy clashed, within the span of 3 seconds we had attacked each other 6 times. I was most disturbed by the fact that barehanded, he was deflecting a weapon I use to even slash spirits. I swung towards his right shoulder, he stiffened his hand into a karate chop shape and blocked my blade. He used the momentum to strike towards my throat, it was close, but I managed to bring the grip of my blade to intercept. I used the momentum to slash towards his throat, but he ducked, attempting to grab my swinging arm. I quickly spun my whole body into the attack, deflecting his grasp. He tried to punch me with his right hand, while preparing his elbow to connect to my temple. I turned my blade to its edge and attempted to cut his arms off in one motion. We collided, the force shot us both back 5 inches. I thought he had me for a moment as my guard was knocked aside. However instead he howled in what sounded like ecstasy, his groin area protruding a large erection. I had no clue what was going on.

Was this guy high? Was he on drugs? Is this a magic I’ve never heard of that increases his abilities or something? Or is this guy just some freak who gets off in combat. He seemed to be in pain from how much pleasure he was receiving, it led me to the assumption that a teammate must have caused this effect since it gave to my advantage. I tried to attack him while he was vulnerable, but he kicked the passenger door open and barrel rolled out of the van, attempting to gain some bearings. I followed suit, acrobatically spinning over his seat and rolling after him sword ready. When I got there, I see my teammate standing and rubbing herself erotically. The enemy seemed to be hit with an even stronger version of the attack, as she approached him, I quickly held him down with my knee, and a blade to the back of his head. I was curious what she was going to do, I knew she was magical and had some skill, but this was ridiculous. That magic attack basically brought down someone who was equally as good as me in combat if not better, though I hate to admit it. She leaned over, and kissed the enemy, as he went right to sleep. I’ve never seen a type of combat as this before, its horrendous, taking pleasure and injecting it into combat. Its more than distracting. Even though her attack was magical I think she could do the same thing even without the spell. She is attractive enough.

Me and the dwarf tied him up, and handed him over to our allies. We finally got a break, a moment to relax, I rested, worked out, and polished my skills, until I found my next run involves swimming. I can swim as well as anyone else could in a pool, but the assignment this time is going to require more skill than that. I’m a little worried, but honestly I’m more worried about my teammate who can utterly destroy an opponent of such caliber with ease, than drowning.
We finally get to meet our new contact, and they hired some professionals to teach us how to swim faster. After the study we are shipped off into the waters, our target is up ahead, so we get off and swim that way. The whole team is decked out in diver suites and torpedoes that we use for extreme speed underwater. That boat is coming close, and I’m prepared. I spot something in the distance, seemed like a black splotch, I couldn’t make out its shape until it got closer. A shark, not sure what kind, I didn’t care, I just pulled out my sword and waited to split it in half. It was severely harder to swing my blade underwater, so I placed my sword where I knew the shark was going to be. It cut itself trying to attack me, and scurried off running, a second one tried to attack, but a teammate stabbed it with a harpoon. We make our way to a ship, I do my job, only to watch a teammate accidentally drift to close to the underbelly of the ship. They almost got their head cut off, in fact the same person I was worried about, how I would defeat them if it came to it, was drifting off at sea, while her ride started to sink. It was humorous to watch; I was generally worried as to whether they were going to drown. Its odd I’ve never really cared for teammates since the incident with my brother, I can feel my heart’s gates slowly lifting. Its been happening recently, a lot more than id like. Makes me wonder if I’ve found a place or a group of people that I belong to, that I can call friends. Our driver apparently is an amazing swimmer, because she took off after our teammate, grabbing her, even when the other teammate was panicking and drowning, kicking and struggling.

I was glad to see the teammate safe, so me and the dwarf prepare to board the ship. Before we get on the ship we are waiting for our teammates to catch up, its where i found the time update the log.

Well, here we go…

Ps: i was able to snap a picture of my teammate harpooning the shark, before i got to come by and help. check it out, for those guys out there who are single, she likes coffee.

adzling

« Reply #38 on: <11-19-15/1032:26> »
<ooc> nice picture that's pretty accurate! nice run recap post, +1 karma! <ooc>

MathBlade

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <11-21-15/0415:10> »
<ooc: Sorry this is late. Spent yesterday sick as hell. Since I can be wordy I am combining my contact post and my what to do about the ship post. />

Jiao nervously paced circles around where the crew was gathered as they debated what to do. There really wasn't much of a debate....They'd blow it up right??! ....Riiight???!

The old Jiao would have agreed that they would blow it up, volunteer to do it herself, blow up some random debris when everyone was far enough away and then fence it like the high lifestyle queen she was. The money is so tempting. A cold shiver went down her spine as she lay completely drenched. Another thing she has flubbed. A swimming mission. She never would have taken this mission if it wasn't for these runners. There was another reason Jiao never took group missions. Jiao fought a sneeze as she slipped into a daydream of sorts.

-- Flashback --
It was a rare rainy day in Mainland China and she found herself waiting a block and a half from a Knight Errant corporation for her "teammates" for this run. Her common sense told her this was a throw away job, meaning the Johnson expected them to die and never succeed but always the professional she said to name their price. Luckily for Jiao none of them had that common sense and were excited for the payday if they could just an info stick with the new Knight Errant security designs.

At first all was good, the decker got Jiao in on a fake ID and the muscle was able to find a Knight Errant uniform and pretend to be door security guarding the exit. The decker had one job to make sure none of the alarms went off.

On the 30th floor though an omnious *beeeeeep* Triggered in the elevator followed by a synergic voice: "Error: intrusion detected in secure systems. Initiating security reboot. Rescans required at all points."

"Jeremiah?!?!?!" I practically "screamed" into the tacnet. He muttered a lame ass apology about how he was bored and sorry but he couldn't afford to die. He chickenshitted a mission. Upon hearing his freak out the muscle abandoned the mission believing their IDs were useless. Jiao,not trusting the guys for what they were worth, exited the elevator expecting the worst.

Instead she found Michael Trevase (see backstory he is my corporate contact on character sheet) the man whose life she saved a while back. "Small world huh?" He grinned at her finally able to pay his debt. "Come with me." He took her to his back offices and gave her some old flight schematics that Knight Errant never used but just improved upon. Jiao hoped it would be enough.

Keeping cover she hobnobbed it at the Knight Errant party going on at the floor and for a moment thought she saw Nancy again. Distracting herself from the thought and buying herself time til she could escape gracefully Jiao ordered a drink and scoped the bar for beautiful people. Soon though she found her world diminishing and she tried to stumble towards the bathroom. Right before passing out Jiao noticed the same buzz cut she gave Nancy but in a formal dress, man by her side. "It's...It's..." She couldn't speak.

"Take this away boys..." A confident cool woman said. It was in complete contrast to the shy woman she met before. Had she really changed in those short years? Was it even the same person? What made her this cold? Too many questions rattled through her mind as she slumped unconscious.

When she awoke all her clothes were drenched and she had the world's worst hangover. Attempting to move was a major inconvenience as she looked at herself on the street."Shiiiit" Patting herself down she found herself amazingly with all of her shit and the info chip as well as a note.

"A life for a life. Next time you aren't running with complete tools and want KE work give me a call. "

She was lucky to escape with her life but this left more questions than answers. Is this what it meant to be in love? Have a crush? No...Jiao doesn't do those things. Mortals have crushes. All she knew was she freaking hated rain and water.

---

The boat's sudden movement brought her back to reality to where she was soaked again. Nervously she reaches for her suit to take it off but then remembers that would be weird so she plays it off like brushing her hands against her legs. Her damn water issues sometimes caused her to hallucinate back to that night. She kept almost drowning because of the flashbacks and her own damn lack of skill. Cabbie rescued her somehow to get to this point but wow. Water usually reminds her of failure but this group did fine. Without her. Water was only her failure. And failures must be hidden. No matter how tempting the money.

"Of course we blow it up. Now someone help me find a damn lifeboat because I sure as hell suck at swimming as if it wasn't obvious enough. Apparently real boobs are not good floatation devices."

She paused for a moment: this group was actually good. They could have just let her die and didn't. She was now attached to this group of misfit's better or worse.

"The name's Jiao..." She muttered into the air to see if anyone was listening. If not, their loss...

Tldr
Blowup boat
Michael is human KE Corp from contact list
Nancy may or may not be a recurring character in her life gm discretion

adzling

« Reply #40 on: <11-21-15/1046:14> »
<ooc> nice post +1 karma for defining your contact <ooc>

Captain Teng paced back and forth across the fly bridge of the Pok Guy, a light rain misting the refitted junk. How long are those runners going to take to plant that limpet and send the Yinhe and all that valuable cargo to the bottom of the South China Sea? The thought alone made him slightly queasy; that was a lot of nuyen wasted. The kind of money they could make by fencing the Yinhe and its cargo could give him and his crew a long vacation somewhere polished with umbrella-festioooned drinks delivered by bikini-clad gwailo washouts from the Euro "model" circuit. Pretty much a smuggler captain's dream right there.

Gunfire from the boat!
That means they must have boarded the Yinhe! Maybe he would get his chance to kick back on a golden sand beach after all, the thought immediately erased his stomach pains and replaced them with a huge beaming smile that lit up the fly deck. The deckhand Yu-long turned to him with a perplexed look, "you think they will sink the boat captain?"

"Nah, if they were gonna sink it they wouldn't have boarded her Yu. We'll wait until the gunfire stops and then cruise over there and secure our prize, that Red Orchid and the Yinhe itself will fetch a nice price in Macao. I was worried for a bit there that those runners would take their job too seriously, good thing their common sense overcame their sense of duty to that South American bitch".

Yu smiled to himself, he'd never been on a sea where white people served you slushy drinks before. Who knows, maybe he would marry one and take her back to his village, that would show his first wife who was boss!

Captain Teng puts the Pok Guy into gear and motors slowly towards the Yinhe as she continues to steam on towards the Philippines.

<ooc> ok you guys have decided you want to sink the boat, nuyen be damned, What's your next step? <ooc>

MathBlade

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <11-21-15/1144:12> »
Letting her real name hang in the air a moment Jiao turns and looks around the ship. There were drugs tons of them. Probably more than they could take back. It all really depended on whether or not there was a darned boat. If Jiao couldn't find a life raft, there was no way in hell she could carry any respectable amount of drugs back. She nearly died with uncontrollable flashbacks. Risking everyone's lives for 500 nuyen of drugs was stupid.

"So...drugs? Loot? I take it we can at least loot the place yes?"

Hoping against hope there if there isn't a boat they will at least let her take some of the drugs to help fence, she started to scour the boat. For any loot, or anything that makes her remember what that foreign creepy feeling a little less. Or maybe a bottle of wine to soothe her fears.

<ooc: Can you do a listing of what is on the boat?>

adzling

« Reply #42 on: <11-21-15/1610:01> »
<ooc> You search the boat and quickly realize there is nothing worth pilfering on the boat. One of the cabins below deck is awash in blood that trails up the stairs to the rear diving deck you used to climb aboard. Looks like at least someone put up a fight. It's apparent that the boat auto-nav was re-routed from Hong Kong to the Philippines about 12 hours ago, which is about as good a guess as you can make right now as to when the crew was overcome / replaced by the Shedim. Eventually Jan gives out a shout from belowdecks, it seems as though the Red Orchid has been pressed into blocks, wrapped in waterproof wrapping and loaded into the bilge. Just as he relays this information to the group via your tac-net you hear Captain Teng shouting from the Pok Guy, it seems he's ready to come aboard <ooc>

MathBlade

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <11-21-15/1859:00> »
Shiiiiit!! He probably thinks we are selling the boat.

"Just a moment! Kinda busy here Capt'n" Jiao shouts at the top of her lungs. Over the tac-net she quickly asks her compadres if we even want to let him aboard. "I need some time to clear out what I can of these astral mother fuckers and see what we can do about this. The ship may not be salvageable but loot may be. We need some quiet to figure it out!"

Jiao hoped that gave everyone some time to take anything they want from the ship that the Captain shouldn't know about. Hurriedly she stuffs about three or four small bags of Red Orchid down her ample chest as hiding/storage space.

Over the tacnet Jiao asked them to hurry and she sprinted towards where the Pok Guy was to try to run interference. Hell if she could keep them both busy for a few hours on the Pok Guy that would give the others ample time to blow this fucker up and Jiao could pretend to be clueless.

"Looks like the other three are wrapping it up. " Jiao informed the Captain while they were close enough. "Astral scrubbing and other such clean up can be a very long process. Maybe 30 minutes maybe a few hours while they see what is salvageable. " She quickly strokes his cheek and then turns toward the other dock worker. "Surely we could move the boat to safer more private waters while we wait Captain. My colleagues will tell me when they are done."

She hoped that would keep him busy long enough.

Jan Schaefer

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <11-21-15/2206:44> »
Jan busies himself loading up the lifeboat with sealed packages of drugs, delaying till later the sorting-out of any other loot from their blood-soaked prize.  "Captain Teng, does your ship cargo tools include?  To lift the smallboat out of the water? If not, we can tow the smallboat."  He gestures, and after a minute you think he means a crane."  He resumes loading, efficient and bustling without haste or sloppiness.  "We are still this ship to blow plan, Captain, but we have still five hours before the timer it blows." 

And, catching Jiao and Wyt at private moments, he asks whether they have good contacts to sell these drugs, or whether to let Teng sell them.  Jan seems intent that their "boss" from the Olaya cartel not have a chance to veto their selling plans before the Pok Guy is back in communication with her.

Jan is also eager to hear from Cabbie, Ping, or Wyt their perspectives on his conspiracy theory- that their team was launched as a plan B if the Shedim failed, or alternatively as a cleanup crew to remove the Shedim after their work on behalf of the Olaya cartel was finished. 
« Last Edit: <11-21-15/2302:55> by Jan Schaefer »