NEWS

Run and Gun release date?

• 209 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #45 on: <02-21-14/1900:22> »
Given how Mil-Spec is still something we call a reason to pull out the Vehicle Weapons, I still disagree. See that picture? That's LIGHT Mil-Spec. Heavy will cause the cops to call in tanks.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #46 on: <02-21-14/1902:14> »
Given how Mil-Spec is still something we call a reason to pull out the Vehicle Weapons, I still disagree. See that picture? That's LIGHT Mil-Spec. Heavy will cause the cops to call in tanks.

With 23 Hardened Armor, you may even be shrugging off Tank shells. That's 12 automatic hits before you even roll the damage soak. Stick a troll with 10 body in that and he's untouchable even against a rocket launcher.

Assuming an Anti-Vehicle rocket, that's 24P -4 AP against a metahuman target. Drops the hardened armor to 19, which gives 10 auto hits, and then the Troll with 10 body is rolling 29 dice to soak the other 14 +net hits. He could take a direct hit from a rocket to the face and come out of that with only 4 or 5 boxes of physical damage, and he'd have 13 total with Body 10. And he could easily roll well and take no damage at all, especially if he added edge. (and when you're getting shot by a rocket, why wouldn't you edge that?)

Compared to how the Thunderstruck worked in 4th edition, which would halve armor, then apply -4 AP. That'd drop his 23 armor to 7. He'd get 4 auto hits on his soak of 17, and he'd be facing an assault cannon, so probably 14-17P base damage when converted to 5th. Far more reasonable for getting shot by a massive cannon that requires two different types of ammo and will probably cost 100k+ nuyen.
« Last Edit: <02-21-14/1910:21> by Ryo »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #47 on: <02-21-14/1910:16> »
True, it does make you a walking tank.

Let's see, I'd have 8+(4+23) soak dice, say I eat an AP of -8, that leaves me at 8+(4+15). That's 15 Armor vs DV to decide if it even hurts, 19 Armor to decide if it's Stun or Physical Damage, 27 soak + 8 auto-hits, giving me an average 17 damage soaked...

Or 8+(4+23) vs -half, that's 8+(2+12), so 12 for Hardened, 14 for Stun vs Physical, 22 soak dice + 6 autohits = average 13 damage soaked.

Vs your Rocket: 10 auto-hits, 31 dice, so 20 damage average soaked without Edge, and it'd barely be Physical. Vs the Thunderstruck I'd have average 4+6=10 damage soaked.
« Last Edit: <02-21-14/1912:51> by Michael Chandra »

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #48 on: <02-21-14/1916:13> »
And to be fair gents...I'm expecting the other shoe to drop once we see more details on the weapons...good times ;D

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <02-21-14/1921:05> »
I'm definitely looking forward to this book. They mentioned Ruthenium polymer coatings on a few of the armors, but at different ratings, so I'm a little hopeful that it works different than the Chameleon suit, but still nervous that it got nerfed to a limit bonus. I so much preferred the optical camo of 4th edition that was a penalty to see you, rather than a bonus to your sneak rolls.

I'm also a little confused by the Wireless bonuses on the formal wear armors. Why does connecting my evening gown to the internet give me a +1 bonus to my social rolls? Even by the standard of some of the weird wireless bonuses in the core, that's a head scratcher for me.

I'm also curious how certain things stack. Would the -2 Concealability from the Berwick Dress stack with the -3 modifier from the Argentum Coat for a total of -5 Concealability while wearing both? If so, pretty sure I know what fancy duds my face will be buying for herself.
« Last Edit: <02-21-14/1926:08> by Ryo »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #50 on: <02-21-14/1924:56> »
Observes the environment and looks up the proper dresscode for a few tweaks that make you look better?

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <02-22-14/0258:55> »
K, posted this in issues topic.... Got excited an did not read the topic fully (my defense it is easy to do on smart phone).

So far this is a highly amusing read... Along with a great way of layering armor bonuses without it getting stupid.

Funniest thing so far is Kane taking about Slamm-O mom's boobies

Quick edit: wanted to add that the light intro fiction is brilliant, showcasing different armor mods and there tactical effects... Also funny as hell:)

One thought, maybe there will be more discriptive txt in final product but to get an idea for what sleeping tiger looked like in style I had to jump back to 3rd edition cannon companion... Not cool for those just picking up SR 5 and trying to get a mental picture of what style they are buying. Maybe it is just me though?????

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <02-22-14/0835:06> »
Well, having had a chance to read and digest this last night, must say that I'm really looking forward to the book. Aside from the content, I'm EXTREMELY pleased that the book will be released in full color...yay!! ;D

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #53 on: <02-22-14/1057:02> »
I'm liking the Argentum coat.  An alternative for those who want a trench coat but don't want to feel vulnerable if they get the Lined Coat in the core book as opposed to the Armor Jacket.  I'm thinking the Ork Shaman my friend plays will want one of them ASAP.
« Last Edit: <02-22-14/1100:41> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #54 on: <02-22-14/1108:40> »
I like the Custom Fit (Stack) rules.  The only caveat is that I think it might be tricky to read if you're not paying close attention.  The tables should list armor by manufacturer (for the stack rules), rather than separating the table by armor type within the manufacturer.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <02-22-14/1228:21> »
I like the Custom Fit (Stack) rules.  The only caveat is that I think it might be tricky to read if you're not paying close attention.  The tables should list armor by manufacturer (for the stack rules), rather than separating the table by armor type within the manufacturer.

I'm also hoping the full book gives a bit of information on whether or not they're limited by attributes at all, as in, do they work like other "armor accessories" like helmets and shields do.  Though I think by reading the "Armor and Encumbrance" section again, they'd have to, which means they won't increase threshold of making attacks do Stun instead of Physical.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #56 on: <02-22-14/1234:34> »
I don't think they count as Armor Accessories. And I don't think Armor Accessories don't count for Physical vs Stun.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <02-22-14/1730:04> »
Observes the environment and looks up the proper dresscode for a few tweaks that make you look better?

Perhaps 2075 high fashion involves electrochromic fibers, and what's "in" changes rapidly and perhaps even involves frequently seeded shifting patterns?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

martinchaen

« Reply #58 on: <02-22-14/1939:55> »
One thing that probably needs clarification just for the rules lawyers out there is the Social Limit hike. For Charisma-based magicians, this could impact their Astral limit, and I don't know about y'all but I think that is a little messed up.

Proposed errata/change to the document if the above is not the intent?

Change this line from the Social Limit section:
"Some pieces of armor raise the Social Limit of the wearer."
to
"Some pieces of armor raise the Social Limit of the wearer for the purpose of Social tests only."

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <02-22-14/2107:22> »
I didn't think about that, but yeah that would be pretty silly. "Haha!  You think you have the upper hand in this astral combat, but my body is wearing some pretty swag clothes right now!"