NEWS

Chronology of SRM season 4 and Sprawl Wilds

• 6 Replies

EinBein

• Newb
« on: <05-18-15/1119:26> »
I'm completely confused: What comes first (chronologically), season 4 or Sprawl Wilds?

Thanks in advance!

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #1 on: <05-18-15/1717:51> »
Both.  Sorta.

The adventures that comprise Sprawl Wilds were originally written prior to Season 4, and several (notably Ashes and Copycat Killer) were "previews" for Season 4. 

The adventures were bundled up and released in print AFTER Season 4 was completed though, and at that time the decision was made to tweak the adventures slightly so that they fit the timeline a little bit better.  Ashes is very similar, but slightly different and has references to an earlier fire, for example, and Carbon Copy has a nearly identical story structure, but is actually a good deal different with a different antagonist and different targets for the killer since Copycat Killer had been released already bundled with SRM 04-05: On a Silver Platter

Humanitarian Aid translated pretty normally and wasn't really tweaked much, so it could be run straight, and should be run sometime before SRM 04-10:  Romero & Juliette.

My suggested running order would be:

Ashes (Just remove any references to an earlier fire/prop 23.  Alternatively, run it straight and move this to after SRM 04-12).
Copycat Killer
SRM 04-00 - SRM 04-03
Humanitarian Aid
SRM 04-04 - SRM 04-12
Carbon Copy

And Manhunt can be run anywhere in the middle there as a filler adventure.
« Last Edit: <05-19-15/0525:59> by Bull »

EinBein

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-19-15/0127:16> »
Thanks a lot! That helps massively, as the different references to the fire confused me. But what is with the Prop 23? In Ashes, a former election office is mentioned? But isn't it played out in the end of SRM04?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <05-19-15/0523:34> »
Thanks a lot! That helps massively, as the different references to the fire confused me. But what is with the Prop 23? In Ashes, a former election office is mentioned? But isn't it played out in the end of SRM04?

Ahh, yeah.  That would be another thing that I'd edit out.  Another of the little things added to show it was a sequel.  Oh, and I left out Carbon Copy.  I'll edit the original list.

If you want to run it straight, slot it after Season 4.

EinBein

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <06-13-15/0801:46> »
Mh, thanks. Is there any way to get a pdf copy of the original CMP 2010-02 "Copycat Killer"?

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #5 on: <06-14-15/0616:52> »
Mh, thanks. Is there any way to get a pdf copy of the original CMP 2010-02 "Copycat Killer"?

Yes, in a roundabout way.

DriveThruRPG has the Mission "on A Silver Platter" for sale, and you get "Copycat Killer" for free:

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/97546/Shadowrun-Mission-0405-On-a-Silver-Platter?manufacturers_id=2216
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

EinBein

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <06-14-15/0906:18> »
That's good! Thanks!