NEWS

Converting adventures from 3rd to 4th ed (MY PLAYERS STAY OUT)

• 2 Replies

Ympulse

• Omae
« on: <05-05-13/0149:34> »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU ARE ONE OF MY PLAYERS STAY OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As title states, I'm looking to convert the Shutdown adventure from 3rd Ed to 4th. I've never personally done a conversion, instead looking at the overall stats and making 'eyeball' guesstimates on the conversion.

With Shutdown, though, I'm looking to ensure that everything is as scary and lethal as it was in 3rd ed. So I'm looking for a resource for converting 3rd ED block stats to 4th, while keeping the relative power the same.

For reference, the group is 400BP chars and will have 70-90 Karma once they get to the adventure.

Mantis

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <05-05-13/0445:58> »
Here is a conversion guide for converting characters from 3rd ed stats to 4th edition stats. I think you will be able to figure things out from here.

http://www.shadowrun4.com/wp-content/uploads/Downloads/sr3_to_sr4.pdf

Shaidar

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-07-13/0423:37> »
I've compiled a Google Spreadsheet to do just that.  Additionally it will convert from SR1, SR2 & SR3 into SR4, the tables cross referencing the Skill names are more functional than the Automated converter so far though.

Shoot me an e-mail address that can access the Google Drive content and I'll hook you up with access.