NEWS

Multi-tool Cyberarm

• 8 Replies

忍

« on: <03-01-17/1310:08> »
fancy

How might y'all go about brewing up an arm like this? Modular hand that swivels in and out? Tool kit maybe?
« Last Edit: <03-04-17/0040:22> by 忍 »

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-02-17/0040:10> »
That is exactly what a built-in toolkit looks like, ayup.

&#24525;

« Reply #2 on: <03-02-17/0231:01> »
Huh. I just kinda imagined that the tools were merely integrated into the arm and available for easy access, like a push-to-pop-out "home" for tools and such.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-02-17/0948:25> »
Imagine having a Swiss Army Knife, a Multitool, a full set of a home toolbox, and a handful of other minitools all housed inside your arm. They all face different directions, some have to be rotated to access the useful bits, spun around, unfolded, then moved from an internal housing to deploy and, in all likelihood, your hand retracts back and out of the way so that the tool can be extended into that place. The thing is in constant motion as new tools are needed, whirring and rotating and retracting or extending, There're several other examples of how it looks, but for the life of me I can't remember a dang link for any of them at the moment. Gah. Up too early.

But, yeah, the thing's always whirring around as you bring out different tools for different applications, as opposed to just being a hole where you stick a bunch of tools like a closet in your arm. It's active and cyberneticly linked to your brain, so it always pushes out the tool you want.

&amp;#24525;

« Reply #4 on: <03-02-17/1450:07> »
Could a weapon be an option. Sure a basic knife could be easily implemented, but what about a light pistol?

Edit: could you describe the source of any of your examples?
« Last Edit: <03-02-17/1451:58> by 忍 »

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <03-02-17/1516:27> »
The knife is arguably already present in a multitool, perhaps if only as an improvised weapon. Otherwise, I'd suggest looking at implant weapons.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

kreblach

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <03-02-17/1935:58> »
From a mechanical (not game mechanical but actual mechanical) perspective concerning the pistol it would have to be redisgned, although, this wouldn't be difficult as all a gun is is a metal tube with a small pin at one end connected to a trigger mechanism of some sort. The real trick is ejecting the round and loading a new one.

Slipperychicken

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <03-03-17/0642:26> »
Why not just get one of those easy-access toolkits in your armor?

Blue Rose

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <03-11-17/1506:43> »
You can have kits integrated into cyberlimbs.

Most likely, you're talking about an industrial engineering kit or a hardware kit.  Or both.  If you have both, you pretty much have any conventional tool you could possibly need built into your own body.