NEWS

Help me out with Saeder Krupp

• 16 Replies

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <02-21-19/1710:50> »
I've always assumed there was an actual human really named Hans Brackhaus, plus Lowfyr polymorphed into a human that looks like Hans Brackhaus, various other human(oid) S-K "special assets managers" using the name Hans Brackhaus, and all sort of other movers in the German shadows who were just using the name Hans Brackhaus.

Which one of these, if any, my team of `runners was interacting with generally wasn't something I concerned myself with knowing. Only ask questions pertinent to carrying out the job, never ask why they're hiring you for the job and never ask who is hiring you for the job. One of the things that annoys me about some of the official modules is that the client is way too forthcoming with their name and motivation. I don't want to know.
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #16 on: <02-21-19/1852:48> »
Also, if the runners do it neatly, rather than with massive collateral damage, then there's no need for S-K to settle the score. If you run against S-K while being respectful, that often goes a long way.
Regardless of who you're running against, being professional means that the people in charge are more likely to go with it being 'just business', and less likely to move you to the top of their 'to do' list. There's a reason why the long-lived runners are either professionals, are too dangerous to make taking them on worth the cost, have powerful backers, or have made themselves too useful to too many people to simply eliminate.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters