NEWS

Petnomancers – A guide for 5th Edition Technomancers as a pet class

• 64 Replies

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <07-09-15/1054:17> »
Given that it would be laughably simple to write a script to do this I can't imagine sprites would have any issue doing it.

Some GMs like to hear the magic words.  I was like that with "Strike Mighty Blow" from the Warhammer RPG.  Always made the players say it to get the +1 damage.  Shouting was encouraged. 

But "When condition X is met, do Y" is a simple thing, yes, obviously I agree. 

adzling

« Reply #61 on: <11-06-15/1011:56> »
Read through this topic again and realized that the petnomancer is severely limited by the teamwork rules.
The maximum dice that sprites can contribute equals the skill rating of the leader.
So if you software skill is 5 and your logic is 5 your hacking pool is 10 but the most amount of dice sprites can add to your hack on the fly test is only 5.

Or am I doing it wrong?

Halinn

• Chummer
« Reply #62 on: <11-06-15/1353:13> »
I think it should be added that when your registered sprites are low on tasks after a run, it's better to let them go, compile up a new one and register that, as registering adds tasks. Roll your 12/14 dice with edge when compiling for more tasks, then you'll have a good amount ready when it's registered.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <11-06-15/1430:31> »
Read through this topic again and realized that the petnomancer is severely limited by the teamwork rules.
The maximum dice that sprites can contribute equals the skill rating of the leader.
So if you software skill is 5 and your logic is 5 your hacking pool is 10 but the most amount of dice sprites can add to your hack on the fly test is only 5.

Or am I doing it wrong?

Correct.

Danny Montanny

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <11-06-15/1714:10> »

Or am I doing it wrong?

Assuming you mean the Hacking skill and not Software for a Hack on the Fly action. Either way, for an average of 5 hits on their test, you're looking at a Level 7 or 8 Sprite. Not only that that, your Intuition is probably what, 5? So your limit is now 6 with the help. 15 dice to throw at that limit is pretty reasonable.