NEWS

Looking for help on a concept

• 27 Replies

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <08-07-14/1412:10> »
more trying to convince myself mine doesn't suck
But he objectively doesn't. There is some math behind your build to prove it. I think prioritygen's concept is about the dicepools though, not raw spent karma.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

quinthalas

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <08-07-14/2008:55> »
Actually that is perfect because I was just about to attempt the same such thing and someone beat me to the math, perfect, also I see an elf or human fitting my mental picture of my character then the 10ft female gremlin from gremlins 2 lol.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <08-07-14/2245:48> »
Trolls' exterior is quite variable.  Just saying.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #18 on: <08-08-14/0047:37> »
... I see an elf or human fitting my mental picture of my character then the 10ft female gremlin from gremlins 2 lol.
Well, if it interests you then, I reworked my original elf and like the outcome quite a bit more:

A Attributes (24)
B Metatype (Elf/6)
C Resources (140KY)
D Magic (2/-)
E Skills (18/-)

Attributes:
BOD 5
AGI 6(8 )
REA 5(7)
STR 1(2)
WIL 3
LOG 2
INT 5
CHA 8
MAG 5

EDG 3

ESS 5.4

Limits:
Mental 4
Physical 6
Social 8

- 5, Stealth Group 1
- 15, Influence Group 1&2
- 7, Pistols (SA) Spec.
- 7, Locksmith (Mags) Spec.

Posi Qualities:
First Impression (-11)
Mentor Spirit, Seducer (-5) > I like the drawback better :P

Neg Qualities:
Allergy - Common, Mild (+10)
Code of Honor (+15)

Skills: - Pool
Con                           6 - 16
Intimidate                1 - 9
Locksmith (Mags)  1(3) - 9(11)
Perception                3 - 8 (audio/viz = 11 with enhancers)
Pistols (SA)              6(8 ) - 14(16)
Unarmed                   1 - 9

Influence Group         2 - 10s
Stealth Group             1 - 9s

Adept Powers:
Combat Sense 2 (1.0)
Commanding Voice 2 (0.5)
Enhanced Accuracy (Pistols) (0.25)
Facial Sculpt 3 (0.75)
Improved Reflexes 2 (2.5)

Gear:
Muscle Toner 2
Muscle Augmentation 1
+33KY in lifestyle, guns, ammo, armor, viz/audio enhancers, licenses, 'link, etc. etc.
Left ~12KY yet to spend, was planning on a vehicle.

Still room for some Reflex Recorders in that ESS, or maybe another level of Muscle Aug or whatever tickles your fancy. Didn't have any karma left to bind Qi Foci, so you've got plenty to save up for in play. All in all, he's got some good pools(Con=18 for first encounters, and pretty respectable init., defense, and shooting), and with the right accessories and tactics, should be a capable enough Sneaker along with a decent Disguise until you can start really pumping those Groups up.
« Last Edit: <08-08-14/0925:38> by emsquared »

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <08-08-14/0121:33> »
- 15, Stealth Group 1&2
- 2, Pistol (SA) Spec
- 2, Locksmith (Maglocks) Spec
Don't specs cost 7 karma? Am I missing something?

8-bit

« Reply #20 on: <08-08-14/0138:14> »
- 15, Stealth Group 1&2
- 2, Pistol (SA) Spec
- 2, Locksmith (Maglocks) Spec

Specs cost 7 after chargen, which is when these ones are being purchased using the rules on page 98 of SR5, which point to page 103. You aren't missing anything.

The Social Limit should also be 8. Page 100 of SR5: "For Social limits, round up Essence to the nearest whole number prior to calculating the cost." [(8 * 2) + 3 + 5 (5.4 rounds to nearest which is 5)]/3 = 8 Not that it's that large of a deal, but sometimes those little things matter.

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #21 on: <08-08-14/0917:42> »
Specs cost 7 after chargen, which is when these ones are being purchased using the rules on page 98 of SR5, which point to page 103. You aren't missing anything.

The Social Limit should also be 8. Page 100 of SR5: "For Social limits, round up Essence to the nearest whole number prior to calculating the cost." [(8 * 2) + 3 + 5 (5.4 rounds to nearest which is 5)]/3 = 8 Not that it's that large of a deal, but sometimes those little things matter.
Apparently I should have added the disclaimer: Made with Chummer 5 (which is of course in beta) >.<  I don't have the 5E core so I can't cross-reference any of this stuff. I'll revise.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <08-08-14/0920:32> »
It all makes sense now. Chummer bought your 1s for karma, leaving your skillpoints for specs.

8-bit

« Reply #23 on: <08-08-14/1147:15> »
Apparently I should have added the disclaimer: Made with Chummer 5 (which is of course in beta) >.<  I don't have the 5E core so I can't cross-reference any of this stuff. I'll revise.

Actually I'm an idiot. I didn't read my own quote correctly, you're right that it's a limit of 9, as it says Round up. I am the best at reading...

It all makes sense now. Chummer bought your 1s for karma, leaving your skillpoints for specs.

That shouldn't be possible though, since to buy any skills for karma, you are past the point in chargen where you can use skillpoints to buy specializations. His current setup though is possible, since he reallocated the karma from the stealth group to the specializations.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <08-08-14/1153:42> »
That shouldn't be possible though, since to buy any skills for karma, you are past the point in chargen where you can use skillpoints to buy specializations. His current setup though is possible, since he reallocated the karma from the stealth group to the specializations.
It is possible in chummer5, because it does exactly this - relocating your points in the most efficient way. It is easy to overlook a separate column for karma purchases.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <08-08-14/2216:04> »
So it's possible in chummer5 because chummer5 doesn't follow the chargen rules?

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <08-09-14/0407:07> »
Not exactly. There are separate columns for karma purchases and initial point purchases for skills. If you don't use both of them to build a character, then the program may get the message wrong.
Just checked it. It may be true for older versions, but now chummer goes strictly by the rules if I'm not missing anything.
But still, it's better to spend 4 karma for unarmed and intimidate than 14 karma for 2 specs.
« Last Edit: <08-09-14/0420:16> by ZeldaBravo »

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #27 on: <08-09-14/0510:32> »
So it's possible in chummer5 because chummer5 doesn't follow the chargen rules?

I'd have to download an play with it, but I expect if there is an error, it would probably be around skill groups. Breaking skill groups is just messy in char gen. They system is designed to make it less optimal to do so.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking