• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #45 on: <02-27-20/1928:36> »
Assless chaps in Missions is perfectly acceptable, right? :D

For the GM or the players?   ???

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #46 on: <02-27-20/2143:13> »
The internet popular term "assless chaps" has always baffled me.  ???

Chaps are, by default, "assless." That's why they are chaps and not pants!

Trigger Lynx

• Newb
« Reply #47 on: <02-28-20/0048:47> »
Chaps are, by default, "assless." That's why they are chaps and not pants!

But not all asses are chapless. That's some Lao-Tzu level shit right there, omae.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #48 on: <02-28-20/0249:09> »
If your response to 'these rules are imbalanced' is 'let's ruin the fun of complete strangers', I hope to never have you as Missions GM or fellow player.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #49 on: <02-28-20/0918:48> »
Assless chaps in Missions is perfectly acceptable, right? :D

For the GM or the players?   ???

Yes.
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <02-28-20/1055:38> »
Quote from: Hobbes
You can stack up Body, Armor, and Orthoskin/Bonelacing.  Dermal Deposits.  And/Or a crapton of Mystic Armor.  Bonelacing (Bone Augmentation) are good deals for other reasons.  Orthoskin has no use other than DR.  Dermal Deposits are a good deal for a point of DR.
For what it's worth, an adept can "only" get as much Mystic Armor as they have Magic attribute.  So they can't stack it to the moon.  I don't think the book is clear about whether cyber + adept powers stack (they should imo, otherwise whats the point of a classless system)

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <02-28-20/1114:56> »
Did the "only as many levels in a power as Magic" make it into the 2nd printing of the CRB?  I thought it was absent from the first printing of the 6th edition CRB.  At least I didn't see it.

Edit: Ninja'd

2nd Edit:  And FWIW, it's a silly fiddly rule that isn't particularly meaningful.  Why can't a 4 Magic Adept have 5 levels of Combat Sense?  No real balance reason for it, either the PP cost is balanced or it isn't.
« Last Edit: <02-28-20/1117:05> by Hobbes »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #52 on: <03-01-20/0015:19> »
Posts have been removed by the Administrators because they were derailing the thread and attacking another forum user. If you cannot keep your personal feelings off the boards, we will get more aggressive with warnings and bannings.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <03-06-20/2117:19> »
Quote from: Hobbes
You can stack up Body, Armor, and Orthoskin/Bonelacing.  Dermal Deposits.  And/Or a crapton of Mystic Armor.  Bonelacing (Bone Augmentation) are good deals for other reasons.  Orthoskin has no use other than DR.  Dermal Deposits are a good deal for a point of DR.
For what it's worth, an adept can "only" get as much Mystic Armor as they have Magic attribute.  So they can't stack it to the moon.  I don't think the book is clear about whether cyber + adept powers stack (they should imo, otherwise whats the point of a classless system)

On the should side, not what the rules say but what I think they should, I'm on the other end of this as I think the setting was set up best when magic and tech conflicted more. And they should work together as terribly as possible maybe not only not stack but work against each other. cyber in a magically active player should be crippling not the route to ultimate power.

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #54 on: <03-07-20/0821:55> »
I am in full agreement Shinobi.
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling