NEWS

Shadowrun players map?

• 7 Replies

mattness

• Newb
  • Street Samurai
« on: <11-21-10/2117:02> »
Adam Jury introduced interesting idea of map of sr players & gms - link, as you can see is dead.

But I think something like that is still needed - just look at this board and you know what i mean.

Frapps is dead or dying.
But there's new hype in the Matrix Net

With GPS equiped smartphones things like foursquare and facebook places are web 2.0 of tomorrow.
Is it possible for site admins to give a chance to fans to find fellow players and GMs?

Not as a part of forum (to hard to implement, I guess), but as a group on foursquare, or facebook with link on main site on SR4.com ?

Just mine 0.01 ¥
« Last Edit: <11-21-10/2118:43> by mattness »

Char limit suxx :/

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <11-21-10/2222:46> »
Well, Frappr is still around, just not used much. Of course, if you can convince people, there's Google Latitude, but that's a lot more intensive. And by intensive, I mean they track your cell's GPS so you'd have an EXACT location of people...

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #2 on: <11-22-10/0542:03> »
And how's that a good thing? We don't really have JackPoint level encryption and security. And i wouldn't be so hasty with giving Google my location...
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

mattness

• Newb
  • Street Samurai
« Reply #3 on: <11-22-10/1926:49> »
Well, Frappr is still around, just not used much.
So why the SR group link doesn't work anymore :?

Jack, Kot, so do you think guys, that map of players would be an useful assets for Shadowrun fans?
Or it's just sending your rl location to fb/google/whoever? [Jack, with ur nick u really should know how to switch off gps wherever u want to ;) ]
I remember that sr frapps was decently popular (at least 300+ members worldwide, some discussions, i don't know how many lurkeers use this to find local group).
« Last Edit: <11-22-10/1928:27> by mattness »

Char limit suxx :/

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #4 on: <11-22-10/1953:37> »
Well, it could be... But only if you're into gadgets like that.
If we would make a fan-based JackPoint spinnof, then it could be very usefull. ;P The thing is - who would be interested and how do we do that?
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Xylifrost

« Reply #5 on: <01-02-11/0924:54> »
Its only possible if you can use HTML code in the forum. For some reason in that australian forum HTML is permitted, but in most of SSC you cant use it.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #6 on: <01-02-11/1551:14> »
« Last Edit: <01-06-11/1047:08> by KarmaInferno »

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #7 on: <01-06-11/0931:18> »
I've always found this, http://www.catalystdemos.com/ to be a great source to finding players. Though the map idea could give a nice ingame storyline by adding runner "havens" in the higher concentrated areas. If that made sense ::)
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.