NEWS

[SR5] The Whip Adept v2.0

• 13 Replies

Lusis

• Omae
« on: <08-10-13/1929:18> »
Something I whipped up this afternoon. Feel free to lash out and flog me over this build:

Version 2! https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7kr2lav0womnwk/Drifter.pdf
« Last Edit: <08-16-13/2130:44> by Lusis »
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <08-10-13/1953:47> »
Ha, whip puns.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-10-13/2003:16> »
I'm having problems with the Google Doc. There are a lot of #NAME? and #ERROR! issues that prevent it from being readable. Does it look alright on your end?

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <08-10-13/2005:43> »
Yeah I don't think the scripts work right on Google Doc. Hit the Character Creation tab on the bottom.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-10-13/2031:15> »
zomg an alcoholic with a monofilament whip. That seems like a delicate situation for his friends and family, presuming he has any surviving.

Generally the collective wisdom is to go for Combat Sense instead of Mystic Armor - since it's equally effective at reducing damage and it improves your chance of avoiding it altogether - but in this case maybe Mystic Armor prevents him from lopping off pieces of himself while he's in an alcoholic stupor, which seems to be his default state.

If this guy were on my team, I'd switch teams.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <08-16-13/2120:48> »
Version 2! Please thrash it; I appreciate the feedback.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7kr2lav0womnwk/Drifter.pdf

Palladion

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <08-17-13/0047:13> »
Using rules from previous editions (i.e. Negative Qualities) makes it more difficult to comment on the character. Different GMs, different house rules. You may want to explain what your GM's ruling is (or take them out entirely if you are just asking for general build comments). Also, include Priority choices and Karma expenditure.

Enhanced Accuracy is somewhat moot considering your maximum dice with the monofilament whip would be Skill 5 + Agility 10 (with Ability Boost factored in), which would average 5 hits (the non-wireless Accuracy for the whip).  On average, you will only get 3 hits with Ability Boost (9 dice pool), getting an Agility of 9 instead.

You used 15 Karma on Contacts, not sure if there is extra Karma expenditure there (you get 12 Karma free from Charisma) or calculation error.

You abbreviated "flechette" to "Flesh.", just thought that was amusing.
P A L L A D I O N

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <08-17-13/0816:27> »
Thanks for the comments.

The build sheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlSwWfuj98QydDZMLUF1YXc2TW1RRnNGamlpWE13WkE#gid=1

The reason I used qualities from the previous edition is that there simply isn't enough variety in the new rulebook to create a character I want to roleplay. Since the 5e qualities are the exact same as the 4e, with a couple minor points changes, it should be no problem to roll with qualities from 4e books until new sourcebooks come out.

As far as Enhanced Accuracy goes, it adds +1 to the accuracy to the class of weapon you choose it for. So his accuracy on the whip is at least 6, correct?

Now what's the upper limit on Attribute Boost? It says "Augmented Attribute maximum", which I'm not finding a definition for in the book. 

There should be 14 pts spent on contacts. That was a mistake on my part.
« Last Edit: <08-17-13/0821:34> by Lusis »

Taejix

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <08-17-13/0923:05> »
Now what's the upper limit on Attribute Boost? It says "Augmented Attribute maximum", which I'm not finding a definition for in the book.

The augmented attribute maximum is +4. They don't state it particularly clearly.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <08-17-13/0930:31> »
Awesome. Thanks.

Palladion

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <08-18-13/0502:14> »
As far as Enhanced Accuracy goes, it adds +1 to the accuracy to the class of weapon you choose it for. So his accuracy on the whip is at least 6, correct?

Without Enhanced Accuracy, the Accuracy is 5 or 7 if you turn wireless on. Just showing that 5 hits is average (with Attribute Boost maxed out) and you have 2 more points from wireless bonuses.
P A L L A D I O N

trunglefever

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <08-19-13/1340:43> »
Which character sheet are you using?

Palladion

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <08-19-13/1407:25> »

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=11828.0

A couple different form fillable character sheets put up by people in the community. I think the one used is created by Kyle Willey.
P A L L A D I O N

trunglefever

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <08-19-13/1408:32> »

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=11828.0

A couple different form fillable character sheets put up by people in the community. I think the one used is created by Kyle Willey.

Ah, thanks, chummer. I like the additional third page. My players will definitely like that.