NEWS

MISSION QUESTION

• 5 Replies

rmjrjej5

• Newb
« on: <08-15-14/0205:20> »
so i have a character i started in Genghis con in Feb, Gen con is not until Aug.  My GM told me i have to pay for my lifestyle each month, how do i do this if i am not currently running?

Do i state i have normal job with normal income?
can i say i have went on some runs to get more karma and cash? and if so can i keep updating my character?

Thanks

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #1 on: <08-15-14/0645:36> »
The calendar does not use real time, it uses whatever time you need. Each run takes up a week. Say that you record your GengisCon run on January  week 1 on your calendar. According to the FAQ, you can spend up to 3 weeks between runs doing other things - purchasing stuff, training skills or attributes, etc. Therefore, by the February Week 1, your next run should happen.

Have you downloaded the free Season 5 package from DriveThruRPG? The FAQ in there is out of date, but the calender in there is the official calendar to use.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-15-14/0732:43> »
According to the FAQ, you can spend up to 3 weeks between runs doing other things - purchasing stuff, training skills or attributes, etc. Therefore, by the February Week 1, your next run should happen.
Four weeks, actually.

rmjrjej5

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <08-15-14/0805:38> »
How do i maintain income and get more karma?  I would love to update things and buy more stuff but after a month or two of my lifestyle  i m broke  (like in real life  lol)

i thought i says a run takes up a week as does buying gear or updating skills and things

so i have been doing this

week 1  income from "real" job pay lifestyle
week 2 update stuff  skills or something like that
week 3  run  not sure of pay or karma pay  did basic amounts from book  5000 4 karma
week 4 bought new gun rolled for cost

repeat

this sounds like i would become to powerful to fast
?????

« Last Edit: <08-15-14/0809:25> by rmjrjej5 »

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #4 on: <08-15-14/0940:05> »
As a Shadowrun Missions character. you have no 'Real' job. Shadowrunning is your job, and you can only get paid when you play a missions game.

Your calendar should look something Like this:

January Wk 1 - SRM 05-01 Chansin' The Wind {Genghis Con}, Paid Lifestyle
January Wk 2 - Train 'Shadowrun Missions Calendering' knowledge skill from 0 to 2
January Wk 3 - SRM 0520-02 Critic's Choice {GenCon}
January Wk 4 - bought new gun, bought hits to determine availability and cost
February Wk 1 - Train 'Shadowrun Missions Calendering' knowledge skill from 2 to 4, Paid Lifestyle
February Wk 2 - Train 'Bows' active skill from 0 to 2
February Wk 3 - Train 'Pilot Ground Craft' active skill from 0 to 2
February Wk 4 - SRM 05-03 Gone Long Gone {GenCon}

Does that make sense?

You cannot make money outside of a run (with the exception of Working for the Man). You have to buy hits on purchases (4:1 ratio).
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

rmjrjej5

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <08-15-14/1815:05> »
yes thank you  time to fix my character