NEWS

Can we bring back the shadowrun servers?

• 7 Replies

intercepted11

• Newb
« on: <09-25-18/1941:26> »
Hi im a very fond of the shadowrun game that you released on xbox and pc. However the servers no longer work on pc, and further more the only way to play on xbox is through a private match. Can we please bring back the servers for shadowrun?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1 on: <09-25-18/2000:14> »
Lol!!!

Not sure if I've fallen for the troll bait or not but....

Catalyst had ZERO control or say over any digtial media format. Catalyst doesn't even own the copyright to Shadowrun! - they are just a licensed creator.

You would have to contact the manufacturer/publisher of the games themselves.
Since you mentioned Xbox I am assuming you are referring to the 2007(?) FPS game.... If that's so, the people you want to talk to are Microsolf themselves! They produced and released that game - which explains why it has nothing at all to do with actual SR....
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #2 on: <09-25-18/2005:54> »
Some one please lock this topic. I have lots of horrible to say about this and would Rather not ban hammered.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

&#24525;

« Reply #3 on: <09-25-18/2313:37> »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #4 on: <09-26-18/0051:57> »
The franchise-owner is Topps, the other companies are solely licensed. The FPS game was made by Microsoft so they're responsible. Catalyst Game Labs does the tabletop and boardgames, Harebrained Schemes the singleplayer Shadowrun Returns games, Cliffhanger Productions the MMO Shadowrun Chronicles.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #5 on: <09-27-18/1037:36> »
Those were some of the worest days in the history of the franchise. That game was sold as the continuation of a the old Nintendo classic instead it was a really bad FPS. Irrc the primary site was shutdown under threat from Microsoft claiming they had all electronic rights. the only saving grace was the game was terrible and it failed.
I would love forget that nightmare ever happened.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #6 on: <09-27-18/1407:30> »
It was basically Counterstrike, but with hacks.

Want a wall hack? pick the Elf.
Want a teleport hack? pick the human,
Want a one shot weapon? pick the troll...

No depth, no story, no plot....

just included speed hacks, damage hacks, wall hacks, and other gimmicks...

The nail in the coffin for it was the cross platform play.. a first for the industry! It allowed Xbox and PC players to play on the same servers.... at first.

But, what we all knew came to pass... The Xbox users couldn't keep pace with the PC gamers.... so to fix this, they introduced PC side "Lag" on purpose!!! before they split the servers, PC players had an extra 300ms of lag added to all their commands to "even the playing field".... it didn't help.

So they split the servers, and ended up having to pay twice the costs for the same level of low turnout of sales.....

.... and the costs got to be too much and shut it all down. All to prove that yes,  the PC is the gaming master race :D
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

JakeArmitage99

• Newb
  • Don't piss off the Black Cobra.
« Reply #7 on: <08-28-19/0240:24> »
A fellow livestreamer of mine made fun of the Shadowrun rpgs. He actually said the best version is the FPS version. I told him not to insult a Shadowrun fan.