NEWS

Back on the radar and mad as hell

• 22 Replies

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« on: <12-06-10/0728:51> »
So I spent the whole of last week recovering from the move from Hell.

So instead of being a home owner I'm homeless. The house I was going to move into turned out to be a rat trap. As I had gotten half my stuff into the house I had colapsed a stair. Then a total of 4 stairs before the building inspector deemed the house unfit!

The owner of the house was a bastard & denied ever seeing anything wrong with the house... Including the water leaking through the kitchen cealing from the upstairs Bath!

Now my life is in storage, My family is living with a sister-in-law & her family & I am slipping from pissed to depressed to just fricking overwelmed! I had planned to spend this Xmas setting new traditions in our new home, now I'll be lucky to not have to be babysitting 5 kids for New Years!
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #1 on: <12-06-10/0743:31> »
I'd lend you a hand in retribution, but that's a few thousand miles to much, sorry :/ Man, sorry to hear that. Hope you can at least sue his ass?
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #2 on: <12-06-10/0810:45> »
To my knowedge No I can't. I am happy that I was able top get out of the lease. We were going to rent the house till my VA loan gets approved then we were going to purchase the home. So everything falling apart now was a blessing. I was still packed mostly so I just had to reload the moving truck and go to storage. I'm furious but content that I didn't have purchasing papers signed before this happened! :'(

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <12-06-10/0859:51> »
Wow. Sorry to hear about your troubles, Usda. Any chance to can sic the Better Business Bureau (or their equivalent) on his ass?

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #4 on: <12-06-10/1014:13> »
I don't think he qualifies as a buisness. The Realitors are scrambling to correct the issue & having the owner submit paperwork proving the work has been done before THEY repost the house as for sale. He's just going to be out a lot of cash on his home.

Funny story... The owner called me to complain cause a kiddie table & chairs was missing. It was in the trash when I arrived and was collected. Here he is Bitching about that missing while he had some 10s of thousands of dollars of repairs to make! ::)
« Last Edit: <12-06-10/1017:02> by Usda Beph »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <12-06-10/1048:37> »
People never cease to amaze me.

When I sold my house a few years back, I had to do so long-distance (it was in PA, I was out here in MN). So, the Realtor had a key to "check up" and stuff and I actually had a friend staying in the house for minimal rent to make sure nothing happened and everything kept working. The friend wasn't there the last month before the sale, but the Realtor said the buyer was all set to sign, but they noticed that the fridge had mold growing in it.

Not really sure how that could have happened since the electricity wasn't turned off and the fridge was less than two years old and cleaned regularly, but I signed off anyway...

MJBurrage

• Newb
  • Running shadows since 2050
« Reply #6 on: <12-06-10/1256:35> »
At least you found out before signing any paperwork. A friend of mine bought a house in the summer a few years ago, and found out later that in spring water literally flows through the basement.

There is no reasonable chance that the previous owners didn't know, but they lied and that cannot be proven, so my friend got to spend all the money to fix the place, on top of the purchase price.

The odds of him ever selling the house for even what he paid before repairs is remote, since the house is now on record for having water problems. Even though they have been fixed (at great expense) people wont even go look at the house once they see that check mark on the disclosure form.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #7 on: <12-06-10/1540:12> »
Damn, Usda.  And to think I thought I had it bad having no fridge or stove for the first two months I lived here.  (I still have no stove.  Month three.)  I know it sounds trite, but I hope something good comes around.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #8 on: <12-07-10/0218:09> »
Usda, if you feel so inclined to, check with an attourney. This has all the makings of a civil lawsuit for fraud, failure to disclose, or at the very least misrepresentation. Hell, because of the nature of the stairs alone, you or your family could have recieved serious bodily harm. Hell, there may even be criminal charges.

You may not have had the written agreement done, but you did have a verbal contract. Never hurts to ask questions, unless you have already done so.

Hope things work out for you in the long run.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #9 on: <12-07-10/0621:07> »
Yeah. Don't give up so fast. Don't let those bastards get out of the mess unharmed.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #10 on: <12-07-10/0813:55> »
I figure it';s teh Realitors beph not mine. This guy lied to them and they advertised the home so it's trier rep thats tarnished. I'm happy to be out of that mess & I don't want the hassle of litigation. If my wife wants to push the issue I'll rethink my stance but as he's a fellow Ford employee I can't use our Ford lawyers to sue the jerk!

Plus Karma can be a bitch so I don't want to rock THAT boat right now. I'll see how my baby feels and run that way. I try not to be vengeful but I'm kinda on the fence about this one. :(

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <12-07-10/1015:59> »
I'm all for living in a house that DOESN'T have 9 friggen people in it. Love my aunt's family, don't get me wrong, but there's too many damn people! It's not too bad down here in the basement but upstairs it's total bedlam after 4pm on school days.

We got the money we'd put down on that place back, and I'm content with that as long as we never have to deal with them again. You neglected to mention they accused us of STEALING that table when he told us to throw it out in front of BOTH realtors. And then accusing us in front of them as well. They were both like "... Well you're dumber than we thought, there"

And yeah, seeing the basement through the staircase to the second floor is not a happy feeling.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #12 on: <12-07-10/1137:00> »
I mentioned the kiddie table on a different forum. Try the feeling of doom when the stair gave way under my feet!?! I tell ya I don't look at stairs the same anymore  :o

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #13 on: <12-07-10/1146:25> »
Meh. I wish i'd have your problems. Every time i managed to scrounge enough to move out again, there's another crisis (like my kid brother getting beaten at school and hospotalized, which sucked out most of my parent's money - that was why i came back home in the first place), and i just can't walk away. With the economy here in Poland getting kicked in the shins by the government every term i doubt i will manage to do that before next summer. Good thing i'm not making any plans.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #14 on: <12-07-10/1151:48> »
I may have had some bad luck (or good depending how you look at it) But family and their health always takes presidence. I hope things come around for your family Kot, Blessing for your Bro.