NEWS

Flesh sculptor in forbidden arcans

• 4 Replies

Senko

• Ace Runner
« on: <08-07-17/0404:20> »
Not a question but the rules focused part of me is jumping up and down in happiness over the rewording of this ability as it finally settles an ongoing dispute over how shapechange works. Of course I now want this as it let's you have body 6 and shapechange into animals with a body range of 1 to 10 instead of 3 to 8 but it makes it clear normal shapechange is body + 3 or body -3 not body +3 or less do yay.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-07-17/1053:24> »
Yeah, shapechange received a lot of love in FA to the point where it now is something of an all purpose spell:
Want to get rid of enemies? Baleful Polymorph them with Taboo Transformer into a fish and watch them suffocate
Want to fight? Bear. Want to infiltrate? Cockroach. Want to scout? Bird. Want to take out a squad of combat divers? Become a Proteus Elektropode (TM)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-07-17/1927:59> »
Not quite that powerful since I think the last would be ruled out as an awakened creature and if you want to fly you need a GM who allows it by either learning the active flight spell or substituting something else, hmmmm a mage shapechanged into a condor using levitate to stay in the air ;D.

It is still very nice and yes the taboo caster is sooooo very fun especially since the mental stat's don't change so the mind inside is probably still instact. Thief tries to steal your purse turn them into a bunny rabbit then grab them while crying "Just what I always wanted. My own little bunny rabbit. I will name her Judy Hopps, and I will hug her and pet her and squeeze her and pat her and pet her and and rub her and caress her and...  then after you've tormented them long enough and possibly made him worry about why you keep referring to them as her (and possibly your sexual interests since on typing out that Abominable snow rabbit quote it looks a lot more sexual than I remember) put them down somewhere safe, get clear and stop sustaining the spell.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-08-17/0149:01> »
The Proteus Electropode is not awakened - it is just a designed organism with some very cool abilities, but it doesn't violate the "no magic critter" rule
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-08-17/0443:22> »
Ah I was thrown by technocritrer