NEWS

Ranged Combat! The rules... it burns!

• 56 Replies

toad

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <01-11-12/1922:01> »
Question,

How does recoil work with Single Shot weapons?  ???

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #31 on: <01-11-12/1928:07> »
Recoil only matters at SA or higher. Single shot, don't worry.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #32 on: <01-11-12/1944:31> »
Question,

How does recoil work with Single Shot weapons?  ???
It doesn't.  Unless you're a Pixie trying to fire a Panther Assault Cannon.  Then you're flying backwards until a wall stops you.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

toad

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <01-11-12/1950:59> »
That was part of the confusion, why there is a RC listed for weapons like the Panther, thought I was missing something.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #34 on: <01-11-12/1954:28> »
That was part of the confusion, why there is a RC listed for weapons like the Panther, thought I was missing something.
There used to be optional rules for firing a weapon bigger than you could handle, IIRC.  And RC helped against that.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <01-11-12/2011:54> »
There used to be optional rules for firing a weapon bigger than you could handle, IIRC.  And RC helped against that.

That and they just used a single template for the charts.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <01-11-12/2014:03> »
And you can use the rules in Arsenal to make that Panther do SA, BF, or (if you're truly insane) FA.

My Characters

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <01-11-12/2015:30> »
And you can use the rules in Arsenal to make that Panther do SA, BF, or (if you're truly insane) FA.

I use common sense on that. Common sense says there's no way to go BF or FA with a Panther

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <01-11-12/2021:06> »

I use common sense on that. Common sense says there's no way to go BF or FA with a Panther
Then I guess you don't want to hear my ideas to make it belt fed full auto?

My Characters

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <01-11-12/2025:00> »

Go ahead. That way I know what to look for. I would just disallow it in my games.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <01-11-12/2312:34> »

Go ahead. That way I know what to look for. I would just disallow it in my games.

That's what they thought about the machine gun, but look what happened there :P.

I don't think i'd be impossible but you know if your packing that kind of heat almost everything in the area might come down on you.... or someone else is going to want to steal that weapon. xD
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #41 on: <01-12-12/0111:17> »

Dude, they fire rounds in those sizes (I'm assuming in the 20mm-30mm range here) from fully automatic weapons all the time. Heck, the A-10 Warthog is built around the idea of firing them at a rate that can only be described as bullet spam.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #42 on: <01-12-12/0247:34> »
Bullet spam +1 :D

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #43 on: <01-12-12/0323:47> »
Oh, and I almost forgot, the GA/U-8 is in the books, Arsenal p124, under the pseudonym "GE Vanquisher Heavy Autocannon"... though they rather underestimated the potential spread of one of those bursts, as demonstrated "HERE".

The link goes to a team that came this >< close to being a Friendly Fire incident with an A-10. Needless to say, NSFW language is present.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #44 on: <01-12-12/0651:36> »

Dude, they fire rounds in those sizes (I'm assuming in the 20mm-30mm range here) from fully automatic weapons all the time. Heck, the A-10 Warthog is built around the idea of firing them at a rate that can only be described as bullet spam.

I have once seen a demonstration video where they used one to attack a tank. The tank actually jumped up from the ground a couple of times before exploding in a huge fireball. 40 tons of steel jumping from impact!
The issue with it as a weapon for a shadowrunner is that the A-10 main gun is bigger than a car and not really portable.

Rasmus
« Last Edit: <01-12-12/0653:22> by rasmusnicolaj »
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?