« on: <05-22-20/1818:26> »
Thoughts? Critiques?

Cylos

METATYPE: ELF
B 5, A 8 (11), R 5 (8 ), S 3, W 5, L 3, I 5, C 2, EDG 5, M 6, ESS 6
Initiative/Actions: 10 (13)+4D6/1 Major, 5 Minor
Condition Monitor (P/S): 11/11
Defense Rating: 8
Active Skills: Athletics 5, Close Combat 6 (Unarmed Combat +2), Firearms 1, Outdoors 1, Perception 5, Piloting 1, Stealth 1
Knowledge Skills: Law Enforcement Corps, Security Systems, Sixth World History
Languages: English (Native)
Qualities: Ambidexterous, Exceptional (Agility), Impaired (5) (Charisma), Long Reach, Low-Light Vision, Mentor Spirit: Shark
Adept Powers: Improved Physical Attribute (3) (Agility), Improved Reflexes (3), Killing Hands
Contacts: Beat Cop (C2/L2), Fixer (C2/L2), Talismonger (C2/L2)
Gear:
. . Certified Credstick, Standard
. . Contacts (3) w/ Vision Enhancement
. . Datachip x10
. . Identity: Jake Winslow w/ Fake SIN (1), (1 month) Low Lifestyle
. . Lined Coat
. . Quick-Draw Holster
. . Regular Ammo x50
. . Sim Module
. . Simrig
. . Sony Emperor
. . Trodes
. . Urban Explorer Jumpsuit
Starting Nuyen: 1,495₯
Weapons:
. . Ares Predator VI [Heavy Pistol, DV 3P, SA/BF, 10/10/8/–/–, 15 (c)] w/ Smartgun System, Internal
. . Katana [Blade, DV 4P, 10/–/–/–/–]
. . Unarmed Strike [Unarmed, DV 2P, 11/–/–/–/–]

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
Shadowrun © 2005-2019 The Topps Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Shadowrun is a registered trademark of The Topps Company, Inc.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-22-20/1844:21> »
Seems awful one-dimensional... he seems unable to meaningfully contribute if the mission doesn't call for any fighting.  But, depending on your group, maybe "missions where you don't fight" are functionally non-existent and so that downside may not come up very often...

Oh and don't forget he's AR 13 with that Katana...

If you're willing to dial back the close combat dice pool a bit, you can branch out and become a ninja-style covert ops infiltration type.  Even if you "only" have 14 or 16 dice in close combat, that's plenty.

« Last Edit: <05-22-20/1854:10> by Stainless Steel Devil Rat »
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-22-20/2135:49> »
Seems awful one-dimensional... he seems unable to meaningfully contribute if the mission doesn't call for any fighting.  But, depending on your group, maybe "missions where you don't fight" are functionally non-existent and so that downside may not come up very often...

If you're willing to dial back the close combat dice pool a bit, you can branch out and become a ninja-style covert ops infiltration type.  Even if you "only" have 14 or 16 dice in close combat, that's plenty.

AR 13 on Katana? Reading equipment stats, it shows 10/-/-/-. Help me understand my miscalculation.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-22-20/2138:34> »
Since 4e every time the game is new everyone takes exceptional attribute, later game no one does. I wonder if the benefits of it are as illusory this time. Basically that's a lot of points/karma to get 1 extra die.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-22-20/2138:58> »

AR 13 on Katana? Reading equipment stats, it shows 10/-/-/-. Help me understand my miscalculation.

After an errata str adds to it.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-22-20/2142:55> »
Since 4e every time the game is new everyone takes exceptional attribute, later game no one does. I wonder if the benefits of it are as illusory this time. Basically that's a lot of points/karma to get 1 extra die.

It may be that as the edition matures, more splat books get released that have more attractive options over exceptional attribute, while in the early stage of just having the Core Rule Book for a source to draw from, it's the most valuable of the limited options. For me, considering how many skills piggy back off of Agility, it wasn't one more die, it was one more die for a great many skills.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <05-22-20/2306:06> »

After an errata str adds to it.

As Shinobi Killfist says.

Katana is base AR 10.  Your adept has 3 STR.  10+3=13!
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.