NEWS

[Hero Lab] Version 2.2 of the SR 5 files for Hero Lab! Rigger 5.0!

• 12 Replies

Mathias

• Chummer
« on: <04-25-16/1548:26> »
A new update of the Shadowrun 5 files for Hero Lab is now available from the automatic updates mechanism within Hero Lab.

This update adds Rigger 5.0 to the Shadowrun 5 files! The Rigger 5.0 package is available for $9.99.

Here's the full change list for this update:
New Releases!

Content from Rigger 5.0 is now available as a new package! You can purchase this by choosing "Purchase Data Package" from the License menu.

Enhancements & Changes

The evaluation speed of characters with vehicles should be improved. Vehicles will no longer be re-evaluated when something changes on their owner's character unless that change affects that particular vehicle. Since this reduces the number of characters that need to be re-evaluated with each change, this should reduce the time required to process any changes to a character.

Bug Fixes

The Synthskin Face Mask should have a variable rating, but its rating was fixed.
    Vehicle weapon mounts were not properly restricting the size of weapons that could be placed in them.
    The clearsight autosoft was using the vehicle's Mental limit, but should instead use the vehicle's Sensor attribute.
    On a short screen height, while using a priority-based character creation system, several of the tables lower down on the basics tab would not show everything they should show. For example, a Shifter's Shift power was being cut off.
    The Motion Sense adept power's dicepool was being calculated as Perception + Willpower, but should be Perception + Magic.
    The essence/availability/cost for the Transys-Erika: Mind Boost and Transys-Erika: Front Line Mind cyberware suites from Lockdown were both incorrect (each suite was using the values for the other).
    The Retractable Bayonet mod's name was mis-spelled.
    The Colt New Model Revolver is a Holdout Pistol, and therefore should benefit from the Holdouts specialization for the Pistol skill, but it is also a revolver, and therefore should also benefit from the Revolver specialization. Previously, it was only set as a holdout pistol.
    Smartskin's essence cost was incorrectly set as a flat 0.5, but should have an essence cost of Rating x 0.5.
    When listing the contents of an Identity on the printout, the subscriptions would be skipped.

Data File Authoring

If the description text on a Vehicle Helper entry is left blank, when generating its description, it will instead look up the description text on the vehicle chosen as the vehicle statline for that entry, which saves a lot of copy-pasting. Existing vehicle helpers have had their description text removed, so that they can take advantage of this improvement.
    The Notes component was added to many of the compsets that did not already have it.
    Two new fields have been added to the Notes component - Purchase Instructions (notPurchas) and Usage Notes (notUsage). While choosing which items to add to a character, the user will see both of these at the top of the item's description, and once purchased, the Usage Notes will be at the top of the description when the user moves their mouse over the ? button for that item. Neither of these fields are included when printing the item's text. These fields are intended for when you need to tell the user about any special instructions on how to use this item in Hero Lab - information that's not included in the description given in the book. An example of this is if the item has to be used alongside something else, like the fact that the Mentor Spirit quality is added on the Qualities tab, but then the specific mentor spirit is chosen on the Magic tab, the notes can be used to tell the user where to look for the other things that need to be added.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-25-16/1641:20> »
When went to update it only had 2.1 available, and the release notes say "Rigger5.0 coming soon"

Did I bugger something up?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Mathias

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <04-25-16/1733:50> »
Version 2.3, with a fix for a major error that was being generated in 2.2, is available now.

I'm so sorry for letting that slip through - I've been using a beta version of Hero Lab itself for a while now, and I took advantage of one of its new capabilities, but I wasn't thorough about commenting out that new code, and then I did my final testing still using the beta version.

Zweiblumen, what you saw was that we had to do an emergency rollback to 2.1 while we fixed a crippling bug.  It should work now.

adzling

« Reply #3 on: <04-25-16/1739:05> »
Woot!
Time for our team Rigger to pimp his air-transportable Pickup Bed cargo container....

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-25-16/1741:05> »
Version 2.3, with a fix for a major error that was being generated in 2.2, is available now.

I'm so sorry for letting that slip through - I've been using a beta version of Hero Lab itself for a while now, and I took advantage of one of its new capabilities, but I wasn't thorough about commenting out that new code, and then I did my final testing still using the beta version.

Zweiblumen, what you saw was that we had to do an emergency rollback to 2.1 while we fixed a crippling bug.  It should work now.

W00t!  I'm set, thanks Mathias!
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-25-16/2158:09> »
YES!!!! I've been eagerly awaiting Rigger 5 in Hero Lab! Thank you!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #6 on: <04-26-16/1150:44> »
Got the Rigger 5.0 files, and tried to customize a drone. However, because the drone (an I-Doll) had stock mods, it wouldn't let me do the Building a Better Beast mods, and there was no way to remove/replace stock mods, or upgrade a mod like Realistic Form, and according to the book when doing the mod slots, you have (Body) mod slots in EACH section, rather than total, so an I-Doll would have 3 Powertrain slots, 3 custom slots, and so on. The Hero Lab files just gives it a flat 3 for all of them.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-26-16/1229:22> »
Got the Rigger 5.0 files, and tried to customize a drone. However, because the drone (an I-Doll) had stock mods, it wouldn't let me do the Building a Better Beast mods, and there was no way to remove/replace stock mods, or upgrade a mod like Realistic Form, and according to the book when doing the mod slots, you have (Body) mod slots in EACH section, rather than total, so an I-Doll would have 3 Powertrain slots, 3 custom slots, and so on. The Hero Lab files just gives it a flat 3 for all of them.

except if using the drone modification rules (which is the only way to get the Realistic Features) and I assume Hero Lab is (I don't know because I have not downloaded it yet) drones can not accept anywhere near as many modifications as vehicles can and therefore only get their body (or reduced body if they already have stock mods)
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

cyclopean

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <04-27-16/0004:43> »
Thanks for the quick fix Mathias! Pumped to start messing around with it

adzling

« Reply #9 on: <04-27-16/0959:47> »
that;s Right!

except if using the drone modification rules (which is the only way to get the Realistic Features) and I assume Hero Lab is (I don't know because I have not downloaded it yet) drones can not accept anywhere near as many modifications as vehicles can and therefore only get their body (or reduced body if they already have stock mods)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <04-27-16/1045:53> »
Good catch. My bad on that point. But point remains I can't upgrade Realistic Form, or remove stock mods to change/upgrade them, or go into Building the Perfect Beast with things that have stock mods.

My Characters

Mathias

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <04-27-16/1212:06> »
Good catch. My bad on that point. But point remains I can't upgrade Realistic Form, or remove stock mods to change/upgrade them, or go into Building the Perfect Beast with things that have stock mods.

Yeah, I didn't get equip checkboxes applied to all of the mods.  Once I can fix that, you'll be able to unequip the old version, and then purchase a new one whose rating can be changed.  Also, un-equipping all drone mods will allow the building a better beast mods instead.

Although if you're talking about an iDoll, that really shouldn't ever be allowed to use Building a Better Beast, because you'd need to remove the arms and legs - those are drone mods - the mechanical arm for vehicles is much less capable than the drone arm in the drone mods section.
« Last Edit: <04-27-16/1214:12> by Mathias »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-27-16/1438:02> »
I'd put the either/or determination after talking about stock mods. Don't know the language used in Hero Labs, but in Excel, I'd set it something like this:

ModStock?TypeLevelSlotsCost
Drone LegyDrone110
Drone LegyDrone110
Drone ArmyDrone110
Drone ArmyDrone110
Realistic FeaturesnBaBB40=Body*1000*4
Rigger InterfaceyDrone100

An IF statement checking mods that aren't stock to determine whether you are using Drone Mod or Building the Better Beast would then need to compare the Non-stock mods, and that would lock them into Drone or BaBB mode. Just my (very) layman opinion. Not sure how the coding would look in Hero Lab.

My Characters