• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <08-10-11/0125:59> »
Ah.  Thanks for that, Critias. +1

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #16 on: <08-10-11/0129:20> »
No problem, man.  It's all Kind Of A Big Deal (tm), so it's important folks understand it's gonna be covered, and soon, instead of thinking we just totally dropped the ball.   ;D

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <08-10-11/1223:13> »
*Kicks the ball back into Critias' hands*  There you go.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <08-10-11/1653:35> »
I shouldn't even be here, but I am going to bang my head against the wall and ask anyway. Has anyone read the non-dossier stories?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #19 on: <08-10-11/1655:02> »
I shouldn't even be here, but I am going to bang my head against the wall and ask anyway. Has anyone read the non-dossier stories?
Going through them today. So far, I'm up to the first Thorn story.

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <08-10-11/1830:18> »
Up to killing game: This one is in need of a novel to finish off the story. Really good!

I also have liked all the others up to this one.

Edit: now I have read Thorn, and I could read about him allot. He is awesome, well written. I liked the part where he put down the messenger after realizing that he was going to have the option of sending the MSG out with another one :) Now this one is the best of the stories for me.
« Last Edit: <08-10-11/2003:38> by Frankie the Fomori »

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #21 on: <08-10-11/2057:46> »
Up to killing game: This one is in need of a novel to finish off the story. Really good!

I also have liked all the others up to this one.

Edit: now I have read Thorn, and I could read about him allot. He is awesome, well written. I liked the part where he put down the messenger after realizing that he was going to have the option of sending the MSG out with another one :) Now this one is the best of the stories for me.
Thanks, man.  I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #22 on: <08-10-11/2215:14> »
Enough about THorn...  What did folks think of Bull? ;)

<grin>

And despite all the hate she's getting (Mostly elsewhere), I really liked Kellan Colt's write up.  It sparked a few ideas for how I can use her in the near future...

And Cerberus is one of my favorite write ups.  But then, Dragon Hunt was always one of my favorite modules.

Bull

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #23 on: <08-10-11/2307:28> »
I just want to add that Malik's intro fiction is awesome. No, I hadn't read it until now in spite of having access to PDFs of SL for months. In other news, shut up.
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #24 on: <08-10-11/2331:10> »
I'm in the middle of Lofwyr's entry now. So far, I've loved each character. And some may be making appearances in my home campaign after reading up on them...

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <08-11-11/0034:52> »
Best Item ever: Red Sox 1906 World Series Ring

Best lore stumble:  I got my First Seattle Sourcebook in 1992 (I was 14) and There is an entry on page 141 about the initial’s "JB" on a mansion....Though I only played for a couple years before moving on from RPG's for several years I wondered if Jonathan Blake was "JB" and it was confirmed in this book.......amazing, simply amazing: Thank you for this nugget and so much more.

Edit: Forgot to Add: Miles Lanier ATT and Skills in Karma Gen = roughly 1712, and his Augmentations: roughly 7,125,000

Edit 2: If JB was informed in another source then I missed it lol, I only had a few of the books till this year.

Edit 3: Wow knight is messing with fire on that last story. Man....that is some scary shit he is failing at developing.

Edit 4: I liked that Thorn is now working with Nadja....great writing on all of them. Thanks.
« Last Edit: <08-11-11/0155:53> by Frankie the Fomori »

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <08-11-11/0755:26> »
or does the author just need a night with Bubba so he pays more attention to the plot next time?
Is this tone and attitude really helpful or necessary?
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #27 on: <08-11-11/0802:44> »
or does the author just need a night with Bubba so he pays more attention to the plot next time?
if it works? yes.
if it doesn't? still yes, because venting frustrations is healthy.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #28 on: <08-11-11/0908:17> »
if it works? yes.
if it doesn't? still yes, because venting frustrations is healthy.
Except when the authors are on the board, read the comment and decide that it's no longer "fun" to listen to the players being disrespectful about their work.

Imagine if a complete stranger came into your job and started commenting that the work you'd done would be better if you spent a night with Bubba. How would that make you feel?

Remember folks, keep it civil and respectful. Having the freelancers and authors come by and visit the forums isn't a right, it's a privilege. And if we keep an atmosphere here that makes their visits unpleasant, they won't come back.

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #29 on: <08-11-11/0910:33> »
i do tech-support.
so i KNOW how that feels . .
and i have one standard answer for that:
"if you are doing your job right, nobody is going to complain."
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush