NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #135 on: <02-08-15/1818:26> »
Running out the door right now, but I'll get an IC up tonight.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #136 on: <02-09-15/0205:19> »
Is she waiting just out of line of sight for Becca to follow -- which would be on the landing -- or is she taking the guy out, or is she ascending to the second floor?

Achak is not familiar with all the nuances of gender studies but he personally identifies as male.

Achak is heading up to the second floor. Since the second floor looks down on the first, he's hoping that Sister Rebecca can scan the crowd for zekes from there.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #137 on: <02-09-15/1115:16> »
Little confused by IC.  Is Achak telling Sister Rebecca to hold back and not advance up the stairs? 

@8-bit, can I get a Con roll from Stake?  Take -1 (Subject is suspicious) -1 (Subject has time to evaluate the situation) and +1 (Character has plausible seeming evidence) = -1 modifier
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #138 on: <02-09-15/1150:52> »
Con Roll (Con 1 + Charisma 8 + Tailored Pheromones 3 + First Impression 2 - Modifiers 1): 13d6t5 4 [4, 1, 6, 5, 3, 3, 5, 4, 4, 4, 5, 2, 4]

A completely and utterly average roll. Hope this works!

Also, my apologies if I mess up anything regarding languages other than English. As someone who knows next to nothing about other languages, their formalities, etc, I'm guaranteed to mess something up at some point.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #139 on: <02-09-15/1218:36> »
Achak was telling Sister Rebecca to sneak behind the guard with his back turned (on the first floor, yes?) and follow Achak up to the second floor. Hopefully there's not a guard on the second floor, and they can find a viewpoint on the second floor (overlooking the first floor) to scan the crowd for vampires.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #140 on: <02-09-15/1315:31> »
Con Roll (Con 1 + Charisma 8 + Tailored Pheromones 3 + First Impression 2 - Modifiers 1): 13d6t5 4 [4, 1, 6, 5, 3, 3, 5, 4, 4, 4, 5, 2, 4]

Also, my apologies if I mess up anything regarding languages other than English. As someone who knows next to nothing about other languages, their formalities, etc, I'm guaranteed to mess something up at some point.

I'm in the same boat, language-wise, so no worries.  Unfortunately, the bouncer rolled 4 hits on 5 dice to continue my trend of rolling way beyond the norm on my GM dice. 

IC forthcoming.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #141 on: <02-09-15/1320:37> »

I'm in the same boat, language-wise, so no worries.  Unfortunately, the bouncer rolled 4 hits on 5 dice to continue my trend of rolling way beyond the norm on my GM dice. 

IC forthcoming.

"4 hits on 5 dice".

I love my luck as a player.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #142 on: <02-09-15/1328:08> »
@Poindexter and Tecumseh,

Please roll initiative.  As of now, Achak is not aware that Sister Rebecca has been spotted.

The guard failed his Surprise Test, so he gets no actions on the first pass.

CT 1 IP 1
Thug 1 12 (Surprised)

@8-bit, I wish I could've had some of these rolls for my player campaigns. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #143 on: <02-09-15/1501:09> »
I've had this happen before, where the "quick" training mission, intended to get the rust off and put the characters through their paces, turns into a sloppy clusterfrag due to embarrassing dice rolling.

At least Achak is fast: Initiative: 3d6+13 24

Achak will delay action, waiting for Sister Rebecca. Presuming she alerts him, he will act then.

Does Achak have line-of-sight on the bottom of the stairs (where Sister Rebecca and the guard are) or is the view obstructed by a turn/twist in the stairwell?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #144 on: <02-09-15/1508:58> »
I've had this happen before, where the "quick" training mission, intended to get the rust off and put the characters through their paces, turns into a sloppy clusterfrag due to embarrassing dice rolling.

At least Achak is fast: Initiative: 3d6+13 24

Achak will delay action, waiting for Sister Rebecca. Presuming she alerts him, he will act then.

Does Achak have line-of-sight on the bottom of the stairs (where Sister Rebecca and the guard are) or is the view obstructed by a turn/twist in the stairwell?

Achak lacks line of sight at the moment.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #145 on: <02-09-15/1528:11> »
Actually, unless he spots the helmet, Sis is just wearing an armor jack. Nade launcher underneath that. The sword IS glaringly obvious though.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #146 on: <02-09-15/1533:36> »
Actually, unless he spots the helmet, Sis is just wearing an armor jack. Nade launcher underneath that. The sword IS glaringly obvious though.

Cool, I'll update IC.  Do need initiative and actions for Sister Rebecca though.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #147 on: <02-09-15/1538:58> »
The bouncer withdraws his hand as Stake speaks, obviously taken aback by him mentioned Himura.  Then, he narrows his eyes, and regards the armored up combat monster in front of him suspiciously.  "Imma have to call this in, what did you say your name was?"

Ha. Yes. Right.

Well, this plan went bad real quick.

Any other names, doesn't matter if I know who they are, that I got from Elijah's pickup earlier? Just so I can maybe try to pretend to be one of them? Here's to hoping he doesn't know what some of them look like.

Also, does Elijah have non-lethal rounds for one of his drones? I'm tempted to try and have me and him knock this guy out, hopefully quietly, so that I can get in. That's like, way plan B though. Hopefully I can lie through my teeth well enough that it doesn't come to that.

Note to self for next campaigns. Keep some capsule rounds loaded with Laes, so that I don't have to deal with this without a good story to back me up.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #148 on: <02-09-15/1542:07> »
The first name that comes to Stake's mind is "Noburo."  Please roll 1d6, and we'll see how that shakes out.  (I'm not looking for a hit or anything, just trying to see if the bouncer knows the guy, etc.)
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #149 on: <02-09-15/1545:04> »
1D6: 1d6 4 [4]

There we go. No idea if that's good or bad, but I guess I'll find out.