NEWS

Lone Star Investigations

• 16 Replies

Denkiman

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <05-30-11/0831:32> »
You are so awesome!
I spent the my free time of the last few days diving into the sourcebooks and reading some online articles about police work theory, also talking with some CSI Nerds! :D
I wrote down from all your posts the ideas i like most.
Regarding the PC's good preparation, Lone Star has no open doors, but to talk to the local gang leader who sells the info to them (got this idea from you btw ). Since i would consider this, going full force against the players, which is something i want to avoid, no real traces lead to there hiding place in the end. Now it is all about mistakes they are going to do the next time we play which is tomorrow. I have prepared lists of
- all the info Lone Star has up until now
- the ideas i got from you and the other sources
- and i made up my mind about the resources LS will put into this case.
These are the elements the PC's are going to see themselves confronted with. Tomorrow we will continue roleplaying and the others as myself are very eager go on with this story. They woun't tell me what they are planning and i will not tell them how far Lone Star is. This way of roleplaying spices up the atmosophere a lot. Thanks again for the tips and this..

Quote from: Morg
Play her out as sweet and kind get the players to love her try then have her corp sponsor say "Horizon" set up the meet have a sniper shoot her heart out and then film the runners standing around her body Horizon blame her death on street crime makes a spin off cop show. Horizon the runs with a memorial concert for her with a new star and some package music files honoring her memory then sweep it all under the table. Make the new star seem like a fabricated hollow replacement. example same dress style sings her music have her get body sculpting bit by bit to look like her twin. Play it up to get your players in an emotionally dark place and then have their fixer drop the name of the man responsible her husband and see where they go with that.

..is really great. Too bad the players would get frustrated by this ending, else i would have made it happen. :)

Denver Doc

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <06-09-11/0249:16> »
Well don't forget about the obvious, stealth tag or even RFID if the players didn't think about it.  Generally corp assists or even just kids these days have tracking chips in so their parents or parent corps can keep track of them. Could leave a data trail all the way to a general area of the barrens. 

Also how did they communicate?  Communication is the easiest way to start tracking them.  Others already covered locals wanting a piece or seeing something suspicious, but don't forget they see a lot of stuff and mostly just keep their heads down and mouths shut so they don't have an "accident".

The negotiator could make it very complex as well as noted by another poster. 

Final option.  They did a great job.  Their asking price is just right and it is easier to just pay the bad men and get her back.  Of course if they left any identifiers you can be sure they will pay for this down the road.
Tell the doctor where it hurts.