NEWS

Adam Jensen type character

• 20 Replies

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <04-29-12/1340:02> »
Chameleon Modification is +4R, and if you're wearing clothing or other armor on top of a chameleon-system Dermal Sheath is stops working, regardless of whether they are chameleoned or not, per Augmentation 40. Even if your GM allows it anyways...why not just skip the absurdly expensive middleman and just Ruthenium Coat something?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <04-29-12/1346:32> »
Chameleon Modification is +4R, and if you're wearing clothing or other armor on top of a chameleon-system Dermal Sheath is stops working, regardless of whether they are chameleoned or not, per Augmentation 40. Even if your GM allows it anyways...why not just skip the absurdly expensive middleman and just Ruthenium Coat something?

I noticed the part of without clothes or armor, but it didn't say even if the stuff is also chameleoned. Makes the most sense that if the armor worn is as well, then it should still function unless it explicitly stated otherwise.

Granted, I was looking at the newer version of Augmentation.
« Last Edit: <04-29-12/1349:36> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

rahf

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <04-29-12/1515:07> »
So far I'm seeing lots of good ideas. Thanks for all the help so far. After reading Umaro's post I took another look through Augmentation and noticed the Type-O quality. In the game Jensen had a rare genetic condition that made it so that his body wouldn't reject his augs. Now the Type-O benefit seems to do the same thing so would that be the way to go for me to get better essence cost, or would it create new hassles to deal with.

Given who I am basing the character on, Type-O seems to be the perfect quality from a Role Play standpoint. But if it will open the character to all kinds of GM based hassling I will skip it.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #18 on: <04-29-12/1530:46> »
Oh it will. It definitely will.

Plus, it only works for Bioware. You'd get no discounts on Cyberware for it unless your GM house-rules it in for you. Given how obscenely over-priced it is, though, such a rule wouldn't be at all unreasonable.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <04-29-12/1909:38> »
It's just absurdly expensive. Biocompatability (cyberware) is just much much more efficient and not crazy expensive.

rahf

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <04-30-12/0349:22> »
After working with my GM I finally worked out how to get most of what I wanted. My GM allowed me to have an increase amount of BP spent on gear so that I could afford my cyber package. With the Biocompatabilty (Cybernetics) and Genetic Heritage (Adapsin) qualities I ended up with 1.72 Essence left over. When I can upgrade to beter quality ware as the game progresses it will allow me to get the rest of the abilities I am after.

Thanks for all the help and if anyone has any more idea about building this character I would welcome them.