NEWS

(SR5) Hobo with TWO shotguns

• 9 Replies

Kuirem

• Omae
« on: <06-30-16/1717:18> »
This is a completely absurd character concept that would probably be banned from any table but the most pink-mohawk-ish one.

A shotgun require both arms to shot right? But what about a Cyber-Implant shotgun? Technically it can be fired with only one right? Yeah probably not but whatever I did this with the assumption you can! Here is a link to the character sheet :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9c5SMMCG3Zxcl8wLWhhYnVmTTQ/view

Of course it is an Cyber-adept who throw ~22 dice for shotgun (not counting Smartlink), since you shot two you have to split the pool but 13 dice is still more than enough to hit especially if you remove some defense dice. This character would probably clean most group of ganger in one or two Initiative pass.

He is build with 800 karma and there is still 37 left as well as 4300 nuyen.

[spoiler]Hobo-T (Eric A. Miller)

Attributes

BOD : 5
AGI : 2 (3)
REA : 6 (7)
STR : 2 (4)
CHA : 1
INT : 5
LOG : 1
WIL : 5

EDG : 2
MAG : 3

Essence : 3,20

Qualities

Positive :
  • Adept
  • Ambidextrous
  • Mentor Spirit (Doom)(+2 Longarms)
  • Quick Healer
  • Redliner

Negative :
  • Hobo with a Shotgun
  • Uncouth

Limits

Physical = 7 | Mental = 4 | Social = 4 | Astral = 4

Skills

Longarms (Shotguns) : 6
Perception (Visual) : 6
Sneaking (Urban) : 6
Unarmed COmbat : 6
Athletics Group : 2

Cyberware and Bioware

Obvious Full Arm (Left and Right)
    Cyber-Implant Shotgun
    Customized Agility (Rating 6)
    Customized Strength (Rating 6)
    Cyberlimb Optimization (Longarms)
    Enchanced Agility (Rating 3)
Smartlink
Reflex Recorder (Longarms)
Synaptic Booster (Rating 1)

Adept Powers

Combat Sense (Rating 2)
Danger Sense (Rating 1)
Enchanced Accuracy (Longarms)
Improved Ability (Longarms) (Rating 3)
Killing Hands

Street Gear

Lifestyle : Squat (3 months)

Armors:
Armor Clothing
    Nonconductivity (Rating 6)
Armor Jacket
    Thermal Damping (Rating 6)
    Fire Resistance (Rating 6)
Ballistic Mask

Weapons:
Knucks
Shock Gloves
Enfield AS-7
    Laser Sight
    Smartgun System, External (Top)
    Gas-Vent 3 System (Barrel)
    Shock Pad[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-01-16/0135:01> by Kuirem »

fseperent

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <06-30-16/1759:28> »
The only way that would fly with me is if your arms have gyromounts or something else to stabilize the arm when firing.
Otherwise, I would call it as the arm is no longer pointed at the target if it was fired one handed.

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <06-30-16/1806:24> »
The only way that would fly with me is if your arms have gyromounts or something else to stabilize the arm when firing.
Otherwise, I would call it as the arm is no longer pointed at the target if it was fired one handed.

Completely agree that it is absurd but nothing that really contradict it RAW. Technically the Recoil already take care of that and for some reason a Shotgun generate as much as a Holdout, go figure.

Also you can directly get a Shotgun in the flesh so this character could be even more absurd!

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-30-16/1918:11> »
I count three shotguns.

Shouldn't there be some adept powers in there somewhere? What's the remaining Magic/Essence?

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <06-30-16/2055:16> »

No real reason for that, splitting your dice pool is only really good for missing twice a turn.  And since most Shotguns are Semi-Auto you can already use the Multi-Attack action.  Dual Wielding Shotguns is really just to look cool, no mechanical benefit to it. 

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-01-16/0053:59> »
Cyber-implant shotguns are SS only, so recoil technically isn't a factor.

I wouldn't recommend firing with both at the same time for the reason Hobbes mentions, but if you do then setting the choke to wide might compensate for the diminished dice pool. Flatten flechette ammo against body armor faster than ever before!

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <07-01-16/0143:05> »
I count three shotguns.

Shouldn't there be some adept powers in there somewhere? What's the remaining Magic/Essence?

Oops forgot the Adept Powers, I just added them.

Recoil become a factor for SS weapon if you fire them with the multiple attack action.

Note that SA can use the multiple attack to fire on more than one target but not on the same. So dual shotgun can double your damage, assuming you somehow manage to hit, but yeah that's more for the cool factor.

adzling

« Reply #7 on: <07-01-16/1403:07> »
Why not use the rules to install a specific weapon into a cyberarm?
Then you can install two Roomsweepers and actually fire both.
Heck they are Semi-auto so you could even go semi-auto 3 round bursts with no issue.
They even have adjustable chokes!

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <07-01-16/1657:45> »
I actually remembered Roomsweeper recently and I might make a character on the same concept but more realist.  Here the idea was really the absurdity of double Shotgun!
« Last Edit: <07-01-16/1729:24> by Kuirem »

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <07-01-16/2111:57> »
Or implant a pair of full auto shot guns and lay down two suppression cones.    :) 

Okay, so you can't actually do that....