NEWS

IC: The Old Smoke: Raiden and Dragonslayer

• 144 Replies

Dragonslayer

• Chummer
« Reply #135 on: <08-07-13/1303:15> »
Dom whips the Predator forward, and starts putting rounds in the air.  It's loud without the silencer, and hurts the ears.  Hopefully a couple of sticky rounds will hurt them more, or else he knew he was going to get mauled.

[spoiler]Firing 2 rounds into the closest creature, seeing as running isn't an option, I would think.  5 and 6 hits respectively.  Ignore the second set of numbers, I don't know why I had it roll twice. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4165056/[/spoiler]

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #136 on: <08-07-13/1319:11> »
[spoiler]Dodge: Rea 5 +2 for running (7d6.hits(5)=3) you get 2 net hits from first shot:
Damage resist:bod 7 (7d6.hits(5)=1) 7stun damage dealt
Dodge:Rea 5 +2 for running -1 defense (6d6.hits(5)=2) you get 3 net hits
Resist:bod 7 -2wound mod (5d6.hits(5)=0) 10Stun dealt
[/spoiler]
The beast nearest you hits the sand at 20 metres distance, convulsing and yelping as the electrcity paralyses its muscles.
The second beast barely breaks it's stride down the dunes and onto the flatter sand as you back up towards the boat
[spoiler]I assume you'd be walking back towards your boat rather than moving forwards?[/spoiler]

begin your second pass or roll for initiative if you're all done on this one
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Dragonslayer

• Chummer
« Reply #137 on: <08-07-13/1339:03> »
One down, one about to eat my face.  Drek, this has been such a crap night.

Twice more, Dom makes the Predator roar.  If he could stun this one as well, he'd be home free.

Assuming it didn't have more friends on the flanks.

[spoiler]Yes, I'm moving backwards towards the boat.  2 more shots towards the upright Ghoul, 7 and 2 hits respectively. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4165079/  And this is my last pass.[/spoiler]

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #138 on: <08-07-13/1823:47> »
[spoiler]Dodge:dodge (5d6.hits(5)=3) 4 net hits: 10S
resist: bod 7 +edge 3 (10d6.hitsopen(5,6)=6) 4 stun damage taken

rea 5, -1 defense, -1 wounds (4d6.hits(5)=2) round grazes it's arm[/spoiler]
Your second salvo isn't as efficient as your first, the report of the predator was deafening but only the first round impacted.
The beast, whatever the fuck it was, took the round to leg. It yelped and howled into the night as the electricity coursed into it.
Your second round seemed to do nothing, it was either a dud or a flesh wound.
The beast at least seemed to slow with the pain, your cautious falling back towards the boat now matched its advance. Only 20 metres or so stood between you and the cold white break-water of the north sea and realtive safety. 35 metres stood between you and a grizly death at the hands of this wounded beast.

Roll for initiative for round 2

Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Dragonslayer

• Chummer
« Reply #139 on: <08-08-13/0303:31> »
Why won't you go down, ya ugly bastard?

[spoiler]Init is 12 this time, got two hits. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4165966/[/spoiler]

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #140 on: <08-08-13/0510:51> »
[spoiler]rea 5 int 4, -1 wound (8d6.hits(5)=1) initiative 10[/spoiler]
Begin your second combat turn
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Dragonslayer

• Chummer
« Reply #141 on: <08-11-13/0131:23> »
Hell, stubborn thing wouldn't go down!  Keep shooting, bullets always work if you use enough of them.

Dom keeps moving back, and fires another pair of rounds, "Orc is not on the menu, so piss off already!"

He hoped this would be enough to end this, he'd already burned though almost have of his magazine.  And if he had to reload, the monster would get him, and Dom would kill himslef before he let the infection turn him into one of them.

[spoiler]6 hits and 7 respectively.  That should do it...I hope.  http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4170083/[/spoiler]

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #142 on: <08-11-13/0452:58> »
The monster went down, convulsing and writhing in protest.
An eerie calm followed, punctuated only by the breaking of the waves as you catch your breath. Just as you thought you'd saved your skin, a chorus of guttoral growls erupted from the far sand banks, about 60metres away. You spin on your heels to find the boat, it lay 10meters behind you in the break water, still sat at an acute angle to the beach.
[Spoiler]roll iniattive, we're not fighting yet but passage of time will be important, I need to log it in combat turns[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Dragonslayer

• Chummer
« Reply #143 on: <08-11-13/0504:03> »
Oh, you have got to be kidding me! What did I do, fall into a barrel of steak sauce and forget about it or something?

[spoiler]Init is 11.  Was one off of a glitch, whee. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4170237/[/spoiler]

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #144 on: <08-11-13/0836:39> »
5 more of the horrors crested the hill, running towards you, gibberring and yelping as they smelt their prey on the wind
[Spoiler]begin your passes (remember you'll need to roll bod + str to shift the boat into better position or take some negatives to piloting to re-launch it, they're 60m away giving you 3 full combat turns before close combat[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor