SR Fiction - Legends

• 135 Replies

忍

« Reply #120 on: <09-19-17/2323:02> »
ha

ANewTwist

• Newb
« Reply #121 on: <09-24-17/1341:08> »
The person heading up this project is no longer with CGL. When they can get someone back on the ePub book project then we should see more SR and BT novels.

I really ned Changling, the rest of Nigel's work, Nix, Jak, Lisa and new stuff as well.

Thanks for taking your time to answer my question. That's very sad, i really wanted a complete collection, i can only hope they will find someone new to continue the Legends series. It's poor customer service not to answer emails and just stop publishing without explanation.

&#24525;

« Reply #122 on: <09-24-17/1403:19> »
Customers Greatly Looked-over

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #123 on: <09-26-17/1131:20> »
Thanks for taking your time to answer my question. That's very sad, i really wanted a complete collection, i can only hope they will find someone new to continue the Legends series. It's poor customer service not to answer emails and just stop publishing without explanation.

Sorry e-mails didn't get answered; I didn't see any on the subject, but they might not have gone to me. The person working on the Legends line did not leave CGL; he's John Helfers, our fiction editor, and he is still with the company. Pretty much all of the Legends for which we have the rights have been released. With the others, it's a matter of coming to final agreement with the authors or their estates.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

ANewTwist

• Newb
« Reply #124 on: <09-27-17/1259:35> »

Sorry e-mails didn't get answered; I didn't see any on the subject, but they might not have gone to me. The person working on the Legends line did not leave CGL; he's John Helfers, our fiction editor, and he is still with the company. Pretty much all of the Legends for which we have the rights have been released. With the others, it's a matter of coming to final agreement with the authors or their estates.

Jason H.

Thank you for clearing things up. I really hope you will be able to publish the rest, so i can complete my collection. I will buy them as quickly as they show up. Do you hold the rights for the Crimson Skies books? I wouldn't mind to have them as eBooks as well.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #125 on: <09-27-17/1800:11> »

Jason H.

Thank you for clearing things up. I really hope you will be able to publish the rest, so i can complete my collection. I will buy them as quickly as they show up. Do you hold the rights for the Crimson Skies books? I wouldn't mind to have them as eBooks as well.

I'm partly guessing here, but gonna say "no, they do not".  CGL only has the license to produce material for Battletech and Shadowrun, the properties of which are owned by Topps (except for video game rights, which are owned by Microsoft).  Crimson Skies, on the other hand, is wholly owned by Microsoft, and CGL currently has no license to that property.

Which is a shame, as Crimson Skies is a fantastic game and game world.

ANewTwist

• Newb
« Reply #126 on: <09-29-17/1652:04> »
I'm partly guessing here, but gonna say "no, they do not".  CGL only has the license to produce material for Battletech and Shadowrun, the properties of which are owned by Topps (except for video game rights, which are owned by Microsoft).  Crimson Skies, on the other hand, is wholly owned by Microsoft, and CGL currently has no license to that property.

Which is a shame, as Crimson Skies is a fantastic game and game world.

+1

Crimson Skies was a lot of fun. I still hope there will be a new game for PCs or Consoles some day.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #127 on: <02-27-18/0622:15> »
Any news on the missing Legend Novels? We are missing all the ones by Nigel Findley and the conclusion of the Dragon Heart triology among other books still
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #128 on: <05-05-18/0617:47> »
Jak Koke's Beyond the Pale (Dragonheart Saga vol.3) has been released last week for Kindle. Nothing on DTRPG yet.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #129 on: <05-05-18/0929:50> »
Another nice find! Hadn't even thought to troll Amazon for this info.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #130 on: <05-09-18/1754:06> »
The first book of Stephen Kelson's Kellan Colt Trilogy, Born to Run, is available at long last :)

Once again, it's a Kindle release, and it doesn't seem to be available from DTRPG yet.

I wonder if we're back to one Legend per week like before?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #131 on: <05-10-18/0205:22> »
Thats great but I don't do Amazon. Need DTRPG or, would love to see all these ePubs dropped into the Apple Book store. I would buy them all again.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #132 on: <05-10-18/0447:57> »
I use iOS as well so kindle isn’t an option for me. Very sad faced that I cannot complete the collection.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #133 on: <05-10-18/1206:06> »
Use the Kindle app.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #134 on: <05-10-18/2024:49> »
Still proprietary and locking you into amazons system. I don’t trust the company and won’t support the company. There are to many other, open, less expensive to produce and less expensive to use systems.