NEWS

Question on fluff

• 7 Replies

Bishophawk

• Newb
« on: <08-19-19/2159:39> »
Does anybody have a list or know where I can find a list of 6th world dragons and their 4th world names.  I have a player that's playing an immortal elf, who was cursed with everlasting sleep during the end of the 4th age,  and has just woken up with the passing of Haley's Comet,  he was an agent of Icewing during the 4th age and wants to find his old master.

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« Reply #1 on: <08-19-19/2216:55> »
The Neo-Anarchist Streetpedia has a listing of known greater dragons by type (and a nice table of lesser dragons), but I'm not sure about 4th world names.

Bishophawk

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-19-19/2258:18> »
Yeah I have the Streetpedia, I just cant find any of my Earthdawn books,  so i can cross reference and figure out who's who. 

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #3 on: <08-19-19/2326:20> »
There are a few in the wiki.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <08-20-19/0909:35> »
Yeah, I thought I remembered Icewing being Ghostwalker...

Oooh, have fun with this! One idea: He can't make it to Denver right away (doesn't have any savings, whatever) and has to do some runs to get up the money to go. On the way, he sees what the new world and it's inhabitants are like, grows close to the runner team. By the time he gets to Denver, he has to make a choice between the freedoms of running, or the fascism of Ghostwalker's Denver government.

mcv

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <08-21-19/0544:05> »
I think Icewing -> Ghostwalker and Mountainshadow -> Dunkelzahn are the two best known 4th World -> 6th World connections. I believe Alamaise had practically the name name in the 4th World. I'm not aware of any other current major great dragons that were also mentioned in Earthdawn, although I'm sure there are some. I mean, all of them must have existed back then, but I don't know if they've ever been mentioned or if the connection has ever been made.

In my opinion, playing a servant of a great dragon, or even playing an immortal elf for that matter, is a bad idea. It puts you in a very different kind of game that takes away the freedom of shadowrunning.

That said, in our Earthdawn campaign, we did at some point end up working for Icewing, but we were desperate to get out of it. I think before that we were trying to get a powerful artifact to Mountainshadow, and we met him pretending to be his own servant, a drake called Darktooth. But I don't think it's something you should aspire to; it's something you should get suckered into and then trying to get out of it again.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <08-21-19/0620:42> »
I think Icewing -> Ghostwalker and Mountainshadow -> Dunkelzahn are the two best known 4th World -> 6th World connections. I believe Alamaise had practically the name name in the 4th World. I'm not aware of any other current major great dragons that were also mentioned in Earthdawn, although I'm sure there are some. I mean, all of them must have existed back then, but I don't know if they've ever been mentioned or if the connection has ever been made.

In my opinion, playing a servant of a great dragon, or even playing an immortal elf for that matter, is a bad idea. It puts you in a very different kind of game that takes away the freedom of shadowrunning.

That said, in our Earthdawn campaign, we did at some point end up working for Icewing, but we were desperate to get out of it. I think before that we were trying to get a powerful artifact to Mountainshadow, and we met him pretending to be his own servant, a drake called Darktooth. But I don't think it's something you should aspire to; it's something you should get suckered into and then trying to get out of it again.

Flipside, playing a deranged elf who THINKS they're an Immortal elf, but really are just swapping out a traumatic event from their youth in the Sprawl with a fanciful backstory...now that....that has potential :-p

0B

« Reply #7 on: <08-24-19/2018:32> »
There's a BIG list of all the connections between Earthdawn and Shadowrun in the Ancient Files.