NEWS

Armor Piercing

• 6 Replies

RickDeckard

• Chummer
  • It can't rain all the time.
« on: <02-19-19/1536:37> »
Some weapons are born with an AP value. Is this tied to regular ammo or does it stack with the ammonthpe? I. E. If I shoot a gun with AP-1 and load it with APDS ammo then I add another -4 (or whatever it is) for a total AP -5?

Or is the AP value of the ammontype the final and total AP value for that weapon firing that ammo?

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-19-19/1546:36> »
the AP listed with the weapon is based on the standard ammo for that weapon (ie Slivergun uses flechette as standard) and changing ammo types modifies this base not replace it.
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <02-19-19/1550:53> »
Some weapons are born with an AP value. Is this tied to regular ammo or does it stack with the ammonthpe? I. E. If I shoot a gun with AP-1 and load it with APDS ammo then I add another -4 (or whatever it is) for a total AP -5?

This is correct. All weapon stats are listed for base (regular) ammo. Changing the Ammo adds the ammo values to the weapon codes. SO a base weapon with AP -1 loaded with APDS would change to an AP of -5.

Do note however, that SOME weapons can not change there ammo types! (The Slivergun is a prime example). So make sure you read the weapon description.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <02-19-19/1732:21> »
Think of it as the base firearm just having a greater muzzle velocity or some other mechanical reason for the better performance than another weapon of the same type. The ammunition is only half of the equation.

You could have two revolvers in identical chamberings and feed them identical ammo, but a full-size 4” barrel revolver is going to have significantly different performance than a 1.5” barrel snubnose. This gets even more extreme when you start comparing carbines and handguns.
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #4 on: <02-20-19/0232:21> »
Incidentally, yes this means the Barrett 122 with APDS has an AP of -10. Yes, with a Semi-Automatic Burst and the "Bulls-eye" called shot this becomes -22. Yes, Heavy Milspec with Helmet only gives 23 Hardened Armor, so after this they got 1 autohit and 1 armor-die left.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

RickDeckard

• Chummer
  • It can't rain all the time.
« Reply #5 on: <02-20-19/0633:17> »
Thanks, Chummers, that’s what I thought. I’m rocking good  the Mossberg CMDT so this was to determine what Flechette ammo would do.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #6 on: <02-20-19/1532:54> »
Incidentally, yes this means the Barrett 122 with APDS has an AP of -10. Yes, with a Semi-Automatic Burst and the "Bulls-eye" called shot this becomes -22. Yes, Heavy Milspec with Helmet only gives 23 Hardened Armor, so after this they got 1 autohit and 1 armor-die left.
Otherwise known as "the Street Sammy got too full of himself and pissed off the GM, saying nothing could kill him."
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters