NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <05-11-14/0733:48> »
Absolutely, ditto, welcome to all the joys of being a homeowner.  ??? :o :P :-\ :'(     ;D

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <05-19-14/1532:35> »
You have approximately 12 hours to conduct any prep activities or legwork you may need to accomplish once dinner is over (eat your fill, Slade's dime), that will include whatever passes as a good night's sleep, so figure that in.

Go ahead and make any rolls you may need,

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <05-19-14/1547:05> »
Okay, I'll start off with remembering what I can about Pandora, Big Ben and Pathfinder.  Since my magical trids, horizon media and acting knowledge skills (which all can be applicable depending) are at the same level, I'll just run the dice and don't worry about what the skill said.  They're interchangable.

Pandora:
logic 4 + horizon media 2 =6 intuition 3 + celebrity gossip 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2)

Big Ben:
logic 4 + horizon media 2 =6 intuition 3 + celebrity gossip 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2)

Pathfinder:
logic 4 + horizon media 2 =6 intuition 3 + celebrity gossip 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <05-19-14/1659:54> »
Rolling to see if those names ring any bells.

Big Ben
Action Movies 3 + Intuition 3 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5) → [2,6,6,5,4,2] = (3)

Pathfinder
6d6.hits(5) → [6,3,1,4,4,1] = (1)

Pandora
6d6.hits(5) → [1,5,4,1,1,5] = (2)
Glitch
« Last Edit: <05-20-14/0136:54> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <05-20-14/0614:54> »
Is there any chance Clem's new gun will be ready in time for the run?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <05-20-14/0734:35> »
Is there any chance Clem's new gun will be ready in time for the run?

No chance, Clem hasn't even been contacted by the customizer yet.

Okay, I'll start off with remembering what I can about Pandora, Big Ben and Pathfinder.  Since my magical trids, horizon media and acting knowledge skills (which all can be applicable depending) are at the same level, I'll just run the dice and don't worry about what the skill said.  They're interchangable.

Pandora:

Big Ben:
logic 4 + horizon media 2 =6 intuition 3 + celebrity gossip 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2)

Pathfinder:

Pathfinder is a major studio under the Horizon umbrella, and Ben Howard and Pandora are both rising stars.  Before you left LA, your agents was looking at various projects involving one or the other or both, but nothing that ever got off the ground.  You have met them both, naturally, since you were in the same circles, but never more than a bit of the "Hi, love your work." kind of chat at a studio or charity function.  If the two are working together, and it has actually gotten to filming, one of the them is operating out of their traditional comfort zone.  Howard does heavy message stuff and Pandora got her start in action, but both seem to be the types to branch out.  Pandora is supposed to be chummers with Christy Daee, a nova-hot singing talent on the rise.

Rolling to see if those names ring any bells.

Big Ben
6d6.hits(5) → [2,6,6,5,4,2] = (3)

Pathfinder
6d6.hits(5) → [6,3,1,4,4,1] = (1)

Pandora
6d6.hits(5) → [1,5,4,1,1,5] = (2)
Glitch

You have never heard of Ben Howard, but Pandora is definitely a name you know, she got her start when Pathfinder rebooted the Star Wars franchise, but she is one of those slots that thinks she is better than to originals.  She has supposedly spoken ill of every major female actress from the original movies, Portman (Amidala 1-3), Fisher (Leia 4-6), Hudson and Garner (Jaina Solo and Mara Jade 7-9).

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <05-20-14/1258:54> »
We definately have to do a shopping spree with everybody.  Sam and Sammy can make sure the others are correctly dressed.

As an FYI, I'll be on holiday next week (from Sunday to Saturday).  I might have internet, but probably not much and definately not much time to be online much.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <05-20-14/2115:02> »
To be honest, I think Clem's Steampunk attire should be more than appropriate for the job. Granted it's not something anyone would wear at the governor's ball, it should be fashionable enough for her not to be mistaken for O'Connor's date.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <05-21-14/0119:18> »
To be honest, I think Clem's Steampunk attire should be more than appropriate for the job. Granted it's not something anyone would wear at the governor's ball, it should be fashionable enough for her not to be mistaken for O'Connor's date.

What Clem thinks is appropriate and what Sammy thinks is appropriate is probably not entirely the same.  :)
Besides, a Zoé business dress has armour.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <05-21-14/0120:46> »
Fair enough, let's see how this plays out :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <05-22-14/1423:33> »
Just so you as a group know, I had no idea and what a razor clam was either, and I am not a great eater of seafood anyway.  Googling the dish didn't help much, but I think I figured out that it was a mollusk that is not eaten in the shell.  I have been imagining it as something like calamari over pasta if that helps.  I won't be trying it anytime soon, the only oyster I have ever eaten tasted like warm, spicy rubberized snot, how is that an aphrodisiac?

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <05-22-14/1433:15> »
Just so you as a group know, I had no idea and what a razor clam was either, and I am not a great eater of seafood anyway.  Googling the dish didn't help much, but I think I figured out that it was a mollusk that is not eaten in the shell.  I have been imagining it as something like calamari over pasta if that helps.  I won't be trying it anytime soon, the only oyster I have ever eaten tasted like warm, spicy rubberized snot, how is that an aphrodisiac?

Probably because after oysters everything else sounds wonderful.  :)

As to the razor clams, I've never eaten them, but I do know about them (as a scuba diver I've seen quite a lot of strange things).

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <05-22-14/1823:39> »
I'm not a big seafood guy either, so don't ask me. :)

Anyhow, Sam's going to go along with whatever for now; he's got good clothing, but trusts Sammy's fashion sense as well. As for me, I'm going off to Balticon this weekend, so will probably be a little sporadic in when I check in.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <05-22-14/2211:15> »
Personally, I just love seafood.

And Clem is convinced Sammy's talking about other people in the team, so she's not sure if she should accompany everyone on a shopping trip or if she should spend more time preparing and reviewing her gear.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <05-22-14/2233:52> »
See, I don't get why a Lined Coat doesn't work just fine...  :P

But on a shopping related note:  Fionn has no weaponry right now - never got his shotgun fixed.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites