NEWS

[6E] Background Count?

• 2 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« on: <04-09-21/1102:40> »
Hi...

Just wondering how you are dealing with this in game (assuming it has been used at all)... Mana surges are pretty easy to explain... druid at Stonehenge, your mojo gets a boost... but what about mana ebbs, now that they are aspected to a tradition?  Before BC affected everyone equally, despair or fear (etc) pervading the astral hampering mana.  Now there doesn't seem to be a general version (unless I've missed something)?

Thoughts appreciated :)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-09-21/1657:11> »
I like to think of 6e mana flows/mana ebbs as being aspected by tradition, rather than to any singular tradition.

The distinction being: an ebb can apply to all traditions, or to all traditions except X... in addition to only applying to X.   

Outer space: mana ebb applies to all traditions, aka universally.

A radioactive landfill: mana ebb might apply to all traditions other than Toxic.

A Hogwarts style school library: might simultaneously be a mana flow for Hermetic Tradition, and a mana ebb for all traditions of faith.

A place of worship once consecrated to one religion, now consecrated to another: could be a mana ebb of tradition of faith of the displaced religion
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <04-09-21/2123:50> »
I really dislike 'one tradition disadvantaged', 'all' or 'all but one' is way better imo.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!