NEWS

Tangled Currents - Jeremiah

• 566 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <07-13-16/0835:56> »
OOC: how far are we talking I'm assuming it isn't walking distance.

Unless you are providing transportation I don't see another option.  If it were in walking distance I doubt you'd have hired me.

Back at the bar business then pleasure, Bud.  I trust you to put in a good word for me.

Spokane grabs his kit.  He straps his ares alpha to his back and puts on his duster then checks himself in the mirror to see if it conceals well (if not he will put it in his saddle bags).  Tosses in his extra clips and pockets his speed loaders and a handful of loose bullets for the Ruger and heads back to Sasha.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <07-13-16/1032:45> »
Sasha shrugs.  "No, it is quite far.  I was just thinking that your bike may be left behind at some point and lost.  But it is your choice how you get him there.  Here is a code to use to keep in touch.  Once you get near the rendezvous point, we will let the father know so he can meet you."

The kid is brought out to you once you get back to Sasha's.  He is still blindfolded and Sasha asks that you leave that on until you get to at least four blocks away.  The boy looks frightened as one of Sasha's hard men puts him on the bike behind you.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <07-13-16/1959:58> »
Spokane pulls up a map on his link and plots a course staying away from main thoroughfares and known trouble spots.  After a little over 4 blocks he pulls into a stuffer shack, gets the kid off the bike and removes the blind fold.  Squatting down to look the kid in the eye while talking to him he assesses the kid noting any bruises or injuries he may have.  Come on let's grab you something to eat, I doubt those meatheads fed you huh.

After purchasing a couple of soy burgers and feeding the kid, he squats down to talk to him again You are a brave little hombre aren'tcha?  Hell , I'da pissed my pants stuck with those guys when I was your age.  You ever met a real Cowboy little man?  Names Spokane.  Whats yours? he says offering his hand to shake.
« Last Edit: <07-13-16/2002:18> by Stuttrboy »
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <07-14-16/0110:10> »
The boy looks very unsure of you as you remove the blindfold.  He does not seem to have been abused during his captivity.  He nods when you speak of food.  "Yes, mister.  I am hungry.  They fed me, but not much.  I could use some food."  He sits at the table and devours the two burgers.  A waitress comes over to the table with a basket of fries and a milkshake, which she puts on the table in front of the boy.  "Here you go, kid.  You're eating like you haven't had a good meal in a while."  The young woman turns to look you over.  "You find him on the street?  Nice of you to feed him.  You need something for yourself?"

The boy shakes his head and tries to talk around a mouthful of shake and fries.  "No, he's taking me back to my father."  The girl turns to look closely at you.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <07-14-16/0134:58> »
I'm fine.  He grins at the lady.    I took him off the hands of some who weren't treatin him right.  so I'm feeding him and gettin him to his pa safe and sound.  You excited to see yer dad kid?  I'm Spokane.  what do I call you?

We exchange niceties and when she leaves Spokane turns back to the kid I'm going to lay it out straight for ya big man.  I've seen how brave you are.  We are not out of danger yet.  There are bad men out who are itching to fight.  I can probably talk them down but if it gets bad you find a place to lay low and let me do the fighting okay?  hide in a dumpster or under a car don't go too far though.  I'll come get you when it's safe. 
You think you can handle that?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <07-14-16/0259:19> »
The waitress gives you doubtful look but the boy just nods, so she smiles at you and leaves to go to another table.  The boy looks at you and gulps as his face goes a bit pale.  "I am Simon.  Not sure I can handle that, but I can try."  The waitress intercepts you as you head for the door.  She has a small sack in her hands and pushes it to you.  "For the boy...........and you.  Listen, I saw some barricades going up on the streets when I was coming on shift.  Don't trust the Grid Guide."  She looks from side to side and lowers her voice.  "Look, you don't want to get the boy hurt, right?  My place is just a couple of block over and you can hide out there for a bit until this blows over.  I can bring some more food when I get off shift?  What do you say?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <07-14-16/0856:19> »
We thank ya for your concern miss, but I'm afraid there's a time component and the kids father is anxious to see him home, besides who knows how long it will take for this thing to blow over.  I won't put the kid into any undo danger, we'll be careful.  okay?  But if you want to give me your comm code we can use your place as a fall back if we can't make any headway if that will make you feel better.

Speaking of, Spokane wonders what's taking Feather so long to respond.  It's only been a few hours I suppose but this would be prime time for Feather, maybe he's just busy.

When the kid is done eating we get back onto the bike and head out.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <07-15-16/0218:23> »
Almost on cue, you get a ping on your 'link that indicates you have a message from Feather.  >>Hey Jeremiah.  Been working on your call.  I have attached some of the preliminary work on the doctor.  He seems to be the hero of the hour, both at Washington Rec and at the hospital.  He is credited with saving lots of lives, especially at the hospital, where he apparently risked his life several times to move and treat wounded civilians as well as KE officers and hospital security personnel.  His personal life is shit, though.  Three failed marriages and four kids that he never sees.  One source says he gambles a lot, which is the major source of his marital woes.  Still working on the victims, but the most interesting one seems to be the one missing.  The paralyzed girl, one Rowena Calder.  I will get back to you with more.  You owe me two Cs so far.<<

The girls nods and taps the card she slips you before turning to walk over to another table.  Taking the bag, you lead the kid back out to the street and your bike.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <07-15-16/0757:34> »
Spokane glances  down to read the card before pocketing it.  Spokane notes the address for the doctor and then adds it to his map checking to see if it is close to his route at all or if he will need to pay a visit after depositing the kid.  At the bike he puts the helmet on the Simon.

Thanks Feather.  That ain't much more than I already knew but let me know if you find out more.

We'll be fine kid don't worry.  Just remember the worst case scenario we talked about, but I doubt it will come to that.  You ready?

and we are off.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <07-15-16/1017:52> »
You do not go two blocks before the road ends in a barricade of old, rusted car bodies and some of the stones from the ruined buildings around you.  You can see some of the local hard men patrolling this side and the heads of at least two men poking up above the debris from the other side.  Diverging from your planned route will take you into more dangerous territory, but might be your best way, other than taking the waitresses offer.  But it is a bit early on to give up yet, isn't it?

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <07-15-16/1427:08> »
Spokane switches to AR and scans the other side for open coms.  Surely one needs to be on in order to contact their bosses or receive instructions.  He pings an open com and politely saysI know KE is hasslin folks but I have a business proposition for you fellahs.  I got biz on the other side of yer territory and im willin ta pay for the priviledge of passin through.  I dont want to step on anyones toes here but ive got a kid and a father to reunite.  Pass it along to yer bosses if ya need to.

Spokane runs through his routes and counts the number of different territories hes going to need to pass through to get the kid to the rendezvous.  He will also check to see if he can tell what gang he is dealing with.

[spoiler]http://orokos.com/roll/419405
gang id: 5d6t5 3 [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-15-16/2017:59> by Stuttrboy »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <07-16-16/1536:36> »
The men on the opposite side of the barricade belong to the Red River gang, so named because they have no problems shooting people who trespass on their turf and letting them bleed out in a river of blood.  A particularly violent group, they are not know for honoring their word if a betrayal might benefit them.  Going through their neighborhood should shorten your trip by several neighborhood, but can you trust them to let you go past?  Your read of the Grid Guide maps of Seattle lets you know that you will be crossing about twelve different neighborhoods if you take a detour here.  And if the all of the roads are clear.  Any additional barriers like this one, might just add more delay and danger into the equation.

You get a call in answer to your message.  >>Who the frag you think you are, butting into our channels?  But I am known to be a forgiving man, as long as the request for forgiveness is made in person and is accompanied with a suitable gift.  What ya got to offer?<<

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <07-16-16/1604:09> »
Spokane briefly considers doing just that and asking for forgiveness with a few bullets, then thinks of the kid and decides against it.

If that's how you treat free nuyen, sounds like your group deserves the rep it's got.  I guess it was a mistake to try and deal with amatuers.

Looks like we get to go the long way kid.  Hold on.

That was supposed to be the easy way?  Never could understand people who don't understand business  Spokane shakes his head and takes off down the longer route.
« Last Edit: <07-16-16/1608:46> by Stuttrboy »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <07-16-16/1647:37> »
There is no straight shot to the road to the next neighborhood and you have to wend your way through the Vory stronghold.  Finally, though, you have clear street ahead of you.................almost.  You see two Vory hard men standing in the middle of the street, talking to a woman .  As you swerve a bit to avoid them you see a reflection of metal on the road right behind the three.  Slowing down, you see a triple barrier of tire cutters crossing the road.  The two men shrug at you and walk off to the side of the road, one of them calling out to you.  "Good luck with that one."  The woman motions for you to approach her.  You see that she is wearing a jacket with the emblem of a woman warrior and from your gang knowledge, you think she belongs to The Amazons, a small gang of women.  Unfortunately, your knowledge doe not go much past that.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <07-16-16/1751:36> »
Evenin' miss Spokane says with a tip of his hat.The boy and I are lookin' to acquire permission to pass through yer territory.  We know people are irritated with all the attention from KE lately but we are looking to salve any unintentional irritation we might cause ya.