NEWS

20A Errata

• 21 Replies

Glorthoron

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <06-28-12/0103:42> »
I ask because I don't believe there exists a version with 1,2,4,6 in it. I have the first printing and the limited edition (English) and they have 1,2,3,5. I'm real curious to find out if there exists a printed version that contains the obsolete number.

You obviously don't have the first printing of anniversary. :P
"It's not enough to complain.  You have to want to be part of the solution."

Demerzel

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <06-28-12/0111:17> »
There have only been two printings. I preordered my copy with the Book + Limited Edition + PDF Bundle and received my copy from the first shipping. The second printing came out this year with primarily grammar updates.

If you have a first printing that predates my copy and includes 1,2,4,6+ please take a picture of the table, and the copyright page and post it. I don't believe such a book exists and would be interested to see that there is a printing that predates my copies.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #17 on: <06-28-12/0847:27> »
dug around in backups and found one pdf from 2009 that is 1.2.4.6, while one from 2012 has 1.2.3.5.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Demerzel

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <06-28-12/0907:04> »
I don't mean the PDFs, I mean printings. I know the first PDF had 1,2,4,6.

I don't believe there is actually a printing of it.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #19 on: <06-29-12/1229:04> »
There was some changes between the PDF and the first printing, but i do not recall if the table was one of them (i only recall the bruhaha about the direct combat spell drain change). And trying to find any threads from that far back seems to be troublesome...
Want to see my flash new jacket?

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #20 on: <06-30-12/1243:13> »
The problem is that there have been a couple of versions on the "first printing", but they're not marked as being different.

-k

Demerzel

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <06-30-12/1536:00> »
The problem is that there have been a couple of versions on the "first printing", but they're not marked as being different.

I'm not convinced there is. I think the confusion is as I pointed out in my first reply in this thread, and hobgoblin pointed out above, that there is a first PDF that has nothing to do with a printing, and many people refer to what it has in it as first printing and are expecting to find an errata for it. Since it was never printed there was never an errata describing the changes.

I'll ask again. If anyone has an honest printing that includes the 1,2,4,6 numbers post a photo.

My two hard copies (one Limited Edition, and one open edition) were fulfilled from PSI the main distributor on the original street date and include the 1, 2, 3, 5 chart. I find it hard to believe that anyone has an earlier printing other than someone who took what is probably better described as a beta PDF down to Kinkos and made their own first printing.