NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings DUSK

• 445 Replies

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #90 on: <09-27-16/1913:15> »
Yeah, as a player, I'm in favor of going forward because you guys rock and I enjoy playing with you.

However, at this point, two of our characters are being hampered by their negative qualities and we have little to no incentive for us (as characters) to try to overcome them. The Johnson is not doing anything to endear herself to any of us, and by her own admission she's offering as little as she thinks she can get away with, in addition to the mixed signals she's giving us on the time constraints.

Sammy and Torley may be obligated to go because of the Club's rules (I honestly don't remember how strict they're supposed to be about that sort of thing), but it's going to be awkward for Sammy because of her brother, and Torley won't be happy working with this Johnson. Con is obviously eager to go, but at this point, it seems like it's up to him (and the Johnson) to convince the rest of us that the job is worth it.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #91 on: <09-27-16/2119:34> »
Okay, now that I have started to handle things as best I can IC, let's see what we can do here.

I don't see the problems you guys are seeing. Torley is a little butthurt, but he really is playing out of his depth here, I understand faking it until you make it, but you have to know when to drop back.  She is not expecting you to crawl, she is messing with you, from a sense of fun.

The Club's rules haven't been invoked, yet, because Johnson hasn't issued an order, but that could change.  It doesn't seem like she wants to go that route though.

There is not an easy way out at this point for Snow, this is a question of loyalties and obligations, to the team and to the Vory.  I would say at this point if she were to arrange for her guest's entertainment she will technically fill her obligation to the Vory.  There may be some talk, but her loyalty is not to this particular part of the family, she doesn't even like these guys, so losing face to the Devils might trump at this point.

Sammy will get the chance to see Marcus again, but that situation is long term, I am not trying to settle it quickly.

Anything else I can address?

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #92 on: <09-27-16/2244:17> »
Guess Crossbow completely overpowered your negotiations rolls Thvor, which would explain why the J is not budging at all on the price. And Clem being brought up in Japanese culture, she has no real issues with the Johnson at this moment. To her, the arrogance just comes as a perk of being the "boss".

So, do we go the hooker route for Snow? Clem doesn't have any hooker contacts, but in her bio she did work with a lot of them. So maybe Crossbow can give us a pass on the time factor for that, although we would probably have to pay a "late-booking" penalty or something.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #93 on: <09-28-16/0136:29> »
There is not an easy way out at this point for Snow, this is a question of loyalties and obligations, to the team and to the Vory.  I would say at this point if she were to arrange for her guest's entertainment she will technically fill her obligation to the Vory.  There may be some talk, but her loyalty is not to this particular part of the family, she doesn't even like these guys, so losing face to the Devils might trump at this point.

Sammy will get the chance to see Marcus again, but that situation is long term, I am not trying to settle it quickly.

Crossbow: I want to stress here that I really enjoy this as a player.  Negative qualities are there to be negative, otherwise why bother taking them.  I have no problems there.
That said, my character feels reluctant to leave her brother so soon.  She will do it if she must, but here I think I play the character well by showing reluctance due to the negative quality.  That's also part of the fact that she has that.

As to Snow's problem: providing other entertainment should do the trick (I don't have any contacts there either), especially if she tells her Vory contacts she will go to Lagos and there she can have a look at making some contacts.  As far as I know out game, the Vory don't have a presence in Lagos (and if they have, it certainly isn't big) so if she can make some deals there, it might help.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #94 on: <09-28-16/0219:59> »
I, too, do not have any issue playing out the qualities.  That is what they are there for, right?  I feel I do need to point out that Made Man is a positive quality, not a negative one.  That said, I think I can write her out of the problem, at least I hope I can.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #95 on: <09-28-16/0423:50> »
Since Clem indicated we should all go, I assume we all went and we can have a quick conversation before Snow arrives, as I assume that she won't be there in five minutes.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #96 on: <09-28-16/0458:22> »
You guys were Downtown, she might have taken 10, just long enough to get antsy, without a real drain on the time factor

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #97 on: <09-28-16/1729:24> »
Sam has a contact that can provide some good quality hookers.

Not that I ever expected to write something like that.  :D

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #98 on: <09-29-16/0121:50> »
Why would you ever take that contact if not to have the chance to say you have a direct line to remunerated pleasures?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #99 on: <09-29-16/1028:09> »
Heh. Honestly, I was expecting Domingo to be a potential source of jobs and information. The prostitutes were mentioned because they're in line with his character, not because Sam's likely to ever utilize them.

Quote from: Domingo Cortez, connection 3/loyalty 2
Domingo "Dom" Cortez is a decendent of a Mexican drug runner who got fed up with his job and just kept heading north. Dom runs a slightly upscale club, the Cabana, in downtown. For the most part, his business is legitimate, though there are some "extra services" available (drugs, prostitutes, and making introductions, primarily) for those who know to ask for them. Dom also keeps his ears open.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #100 on: <10-02-16/2003:01> »
Now I am confused.  I was agreeing with her but she has said the inoculations are on us and I was just telling her that I would call someone to find out what was needed and then get them.  I also asked if we might go to any neighboring countries so I could prepare for that as well.  Now she is acting like I was making excuses for not wanting to go.  I even told her that I was working on a solution for my other commitment.  I do not understand her..  What did I say wrong?

Now, even I do not really want to work for this woman.  She is acting like a sniff at money and we drop everything we are doing to jump to her tune. 
« Last Edit: <10-02-16/2004:58> by Mercy Merchant »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #101 on: <10-02-16/2050:06> »
Okay, that was NOT the impression I got from reading that post, and with the stress your team has already put on her, I don't think it was an inappropriate reaction.  You guys are asking for a lot of leeway from a person who doesn't HAVE to put up with it.

Regardless of misinterpretation, you have an out to still take the job, which you won't have if Snow actually does what she posted doing, nor would it be at all smart or logical for her to do so.  Mercy, please rethink the post and remember the level of class your character projects, this isn't the place for that kind of outburst as it will affect not only this run but future employment.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #102 on: <10-02-16/2132:53> »
I have edit the post, but I do not see how she could have misinterpreted what I said.   

"I can certainly do the immunizations."  This seems pretty clear to me that I am telling her that I can do the immunizations.  "I will check with the medical institutions and find out what is required for the country.  Is there a chance that we will be leaving Lagos for any neighboring countries?"  This also seems pretty clear that I am telling her that I will check on what medicines are needed and that I was asking about what neighboring countries we might be going to.  "And I have a contact that should be able to provide me with the drugs, but things might be hard at this time of night.  I will try to work miracles, but there could be a delay we cannot avoid."  Here I was pretty clear that I have a line on a supplier for the medicines, but I am not a pharmacy and so will be at the mercy of one.  " As for my other job, I do need to go back and put certain things into place to make sure that my obligations are met.  I am sure that a businesswoman such as yourself can understand that."  She had already said something about going home to get gear and clothes.  I was letting her know where I would be going and that I would try to unentangle myself from my current job.  As a businesswoman, would she appreciate it if someone just up and quit on her?  I think that answer to that question is a big no.  "Do we have a com code for you so we can keep in touch?"  I do not see an issue with this, either.

If this was a real situation, I would definitely put this down to a deliberate misinterpretation.  If the other stress caused that, I wonder what she will be like in the field?

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #103 on: <10-02-16/2154:00> »
Crossbow, you can eat the longest, thickest dick you can find. I was super looking forward to this run. I've wanted to play it for years.

You throw up roadblocks on Mercy, and then lay down a punishment for those roadblocks existing? Are you fucking kidding me?
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #104 on: <10-02-16/2308:22> »
"And I have a contact that should be able to provide me with the drugs, but things might be hard at this time of night.  I will try to work miracles, but there could be a delay we cannot avoid."  Here I was pretty clear that I have a line on a supplier for the medicines, but I am not a pharmacy and so will be at the mercy of one.  " As for my other job, I do need to go back and put certain things into place to make sure that my obligations are met.  I am sure that a businesswoman such as yourself can understand that."  She had already said something about going home to get gear and clothes.  I was letting her know where I would be going and that I would try to unentangle myself from my current job.  As a businesswoman, would she appreciate it if someone just up and quit on her?  I think that answer to that question is a big no.

These are the two statements that are at issue, add in the fact that your absence was explained as being on business and you show up dressed for a date.  You guys were asking why she didn't seem like she was in a hurry, she is.  This is also about expectation. What she expected and what she got are not remotely similar and she is expecting you to help her do this thing, she believes she is paying you well and is not asking a great deal from you beyond risk.

This is not on any one of you, this is on the group, and you still have the option to make it happen so I really don't see where I am doing something to wrong you guys, I am willing to hear you out though.