NEWS

[IC] Virtual Underworld 93

• 3498 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3435 on: <02-29-16/1214:31> »
>>>>>[If you need some help nosing around in Horizon territory or LA, let me know and I'll see what I can do.]<<<<<

--Black Panther (18:15:15/02-29-78)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Nightmare

• Chummer
  • Freelance merc, runner, and assassin
« Reply #3436 on: <03-17-16/1105:59> »
>>>>>>>[Can someone give me a site rep on Manhattan?  Been out of the country and just got back in.  Heard something about those fragging Vultures and 10,000 Daggers were running around the place and causing a major cluster frag or something.  Can someone fill mei in]<<<<<<<<<

-Nightmare (10:05:15/03-17-78)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3437 on: <03-17-16/1501:56> »
>>>>>[Sorry, I can't help you there.  The last time I was in the Rotten apple I was just a wee lass, when my dad was stationed there.]<<<<<

--Black Panther (19:58:36/03-17-78)

>>>>>[I don't know a lot about New York, but I've met the 10,000 daggers before when I was a merc.  Nasty bunch, but most successful mercs are.  You have to be mean to get the big jobs and they've been around.  I think I have a write-up somewhere here on them and a couple of other merc groups.  When I get home, I'll dig it up and PM it to you.  It's not fully current, but it will give you some ideas and I believe the senior leadership of the bunch is still the same.]<<<<<

--Kitten (20:01:15/03-17-78)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Nightmare

• Chummer
« Reply #3438 on: <03-17-16/1525:01> »
>>>>>>>[Don't worry about the write-up, Kitten, I've seen the 10,000 Daggers in the field more than once. I've  worked with and against them on a couple of different tours both with MET2K and as a freelancer.  Just wondering what was going down that they were involved in.  And why they were slumming it with those fragging Vultures. Never expected to see the Daggers working side by side with the 58th.]<<<<<<<

- Nightmare (22:24:25/03-17=18)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3439 on: <03-18-16/0244:55> »
>>>>>[I can't help you there, although if I can make a guess, it's probably money.]<<<<<

--Kitten (07:45:30/03-18-78)

Nightmare

• Chummer
« Reply #3440 on: <03-18-16/1644:30> »
>>>>>>>[Probably but everyone in the merc community knows those fraggers from the 58th are useless, back-stabbing, wastes of space!  Still amazed they haven't had they're charter yanked out from under them for the shit they pull.]<<<<<<<

-Nightmare (15:42:52/03-18-78)

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #3441 on: <03-18-16/2250:14> »
>>>>>[ Wuxing's gone after a member of the MDC - that isn't fiberboard, it's the group in charge of corporate goings-on (which means ALL goings-on) in Manhattan, the Manhattan Development Consortium. Tsu Lin's traffic analysis suggests that they haven't gotten away with it outright - the CEO of the target of the Wuxing takeover showed up for an MDC board meeting in the middle of the mayhem - but by the way their stock is sliding, I'd also say that Wuxing'll just have to wait a couple months to finalize their black-hearted grab, unless Prometheus can find a white knight.
          The Black Cats, the PolySocs, and my own Ivory Tower folk also lifted and sifted the MDC archives of this little 'event' Nightmare's brought to our attention; no Hawatari.  Everyone, put an ear to the ground, maybe do some quiet asking-around with your contacts.  I asked Madrecita to do a bit of a posting (here is a link) when she could get around to it, to give people an idea of the girl; she says between jobs and keeping Iceblade out of trouble (ha!) she'll do what she can, but it's a WIP.  Feel free to throw in commentary, but if it gets too bogged down, I WILL slice out stuff that ain't pertinent. ]<<<<<
          -- The Wyrm Ouroboros (22:45:00/03-18-2078)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3442 on: <03-19-16/0222:49> »
>>>>>[Hey! Usually it isn't my fault! It isn't like I purposely choose jobs that put me in harm's way. But I've got two key skill sets, and jobs that don't include me giving a 'happy ending' usually involve my sword giving out a few 'bad endings'. And the people in the second group tend to be confrontational. And heavily armed.

Anyways, I've got feelers out for Hawatari, including a few from certain 'official' sources, in case she winds up somewhere like that. As far as the street goes, no one's heard from her here in Seattle, and I haven't heard of any black bag teams taking people. The Ancients and a few other gangs are on the lookout, with the promise of me owing them a favor if they catch news of her. Mainly either healing or training. If she shows up anywhere in the sprawl, I'll hear about it. If she can make it to Redmond, I've got a couple boltholes I use there. I'm sending you the location of one of them on the border of Glow City. If she gets loose and contacts you, tell her to head there. She'll find a change of clothes, a burner commlink, and a couple guns (cheap crap, but good condition). Just let her know to bring a few pieces of whoever was holding her to feed the 'security'.

I've got a bit of a network I can pull on if we need to arrange an extraction. Or if she gets herself out and desires some payback.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (02:22:22/03-19-78)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Nightmare

• Chummer
« Reply #3443 on: <03-20-16/1433:26> »
>>>>>[Did  I hear you right, Wyrm? Wuxing went full out corp war against Prometheus in Manhattan just to get a seat on the MDC?!?!  Drek! How has the word not gotten out further?  I mean, I wouldn't have fragging known about it if I hadn't have had to stop by a chummer's place to make sure the smugglers I'd hired to get my gear back to the States had done they're job.  He mentioned chatter in the merc community about the 58th and the Daggers being in Manhattan and causing havoc.  Drek!

As for Hawatari, I'll touch base with my folks and see if they can pick up any chatter on their ends.  Been overseas too long to truly know what's been going on but maybe they will.]<<<<<<

--Nightmare (13:42:52/03-20-78)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3444 on: <03-21-16/0110:56> »
>>>>>[Being one of the guys able to control a sprawl that is one of the financial hubs of the world, as well as the planetside home of the Corporate Court isn't a small thing, Nightmare. And really, unless it spills out into the streets (or rather, into other corps' property), then you'll find it hard for people to care what one corp does to another in Manhattan. Now, if it was Seattle or Denver, that'd be a different story.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (01:10:10/03-21-78)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #3445 on: <07-04-16/1615:15> »
>>>>>[Hey Ice, send me the down low on what's been what lately. I've been out of Seatac for, gods a year or more, and finally getting back in. Ash has been kicking around Chi town for a while but is back as well. If you need help recovering Hawatari count us in, just send us particulars.]<<<<<

--Wolfgar (16:11:33)
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Pixelated

• Newb
« Reply #3446 on: <07-09-16/1527:08> »
>>>>>[Hey chummers, new BBS huh? At least this one's not cluttered with God awful Haiku poetry. NOT an invitation. Heard there were a few demonstrations goin on downtown, Humanis Drek or something? I'd go around if your out wandering meatspace.]<<<<<

-Pixel

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3447 on: <07-09-16/1557:28> »
>>>>>[If it is humanis, I wouldn't mind going there and dropping a few fireballs in.  Unfortunately the Knights might not like it.]<<<<<

--Kitten (21:57:30/07-09-78)

Pixelated

• Newb
« Reply #3448 on: <07-09-16/2013:12> »
>>>>>[That I'd like to see, need a lift? Ha! serious beef with those pieces of Drek.]>>>>>

-Pixel

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #3449 on: <07-10-16/0648:03> »
>>>>> [Don't assume there's no magic or counter-magic there just because it's Humanis - they've been around long enough to be able to call on magical support when they want it.
That being said, what're they making noise about this time?]<<<<<

-- Longshot