NEWS

sticking with 4th?

• 36 Replies

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <06-18-13/1057:15> »
Immediately? Probably not. I wouldn't be surprised if the current GM ran SR4 till the end of the campaign. We've only had 2 sessions, but they like SR4. I might be able to convince them to adapt the SR5 matrix rules. I'm playing a TM, and the SR5 rules sound much easier to deal with.

Afterwards? Depends on how I feel after reading the SR5 corebook. Assuming I like the rest as much as I've liked the previews? Definitely.

-Ariketh

Qualidar

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <06-18-13/1119:52> »
We just started playing 4e in January. It's a once a month game, so we're only 6 adventures in! That said, I was sold on 4e because it simplified what came before, so I'm sure I'll be all in on 5e once we finish a slightly bloated version of Missions Season 4. I may try to incorporate some of the new rules in hybrid style, before that though.

Aaron

« Reply #32 on: <06-18-13/1131:03> »
I can see that.  Take a decent cyberdeck, mesh the teams network through it, make sure you assign the highest attribute array to Firewall, and instead of running programs, run IC for added security.

Run IC in 5th Edition?  ???

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #33 on: <06-18-13/1237:53> »
AHhh right, duh.  I meant Agents. Brain is still mush from Origins. (And an Agent running on defense is basically IC at that point, in my defense. :))

cndblank

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <06-18-13/1247:49> »
I'm going to shift.

The new combat rules looks good.

Weaker magic and better Matrix are major pluses.

Aaron

« Reply #35 on: <06-18-13/1250:27> »
AHhh right, duh.  I meant Agents. Brain is still mush from Origins. (And an Agent running on defense is basically IC at that point, in my defense. :))

;D

Ghoulfodder

• Chummer
« Reply #36 on: <06-18-13/1610:49> »
We're relatively new to 4th and I think there's a desire to get our money's worth. We'll stick with for a while, but I think at least two of us are quite keen to move to 5th (me and the GM, possibly plus another out of 4/5) and resistence is weakening.