NEWS

Stat limitation in Missions

• 2 Replies

tamora

• Newb
« on: <08-11-14/2036:11> »
I played in a couple of Shadowrun Missions adventures at a con this summer. In the first session, where I created my character, the GM instructed us that there was a limitation on stats such that you could have one stat at 6, or two stats at 5, and the remaining stats had to be 4 or lower. In the second session, the GM opined that this limitation was for 4E Missions characters and didn't apply to 5E Missions.

Could anyone clarify the situation for me? Thanks.

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #1 on: <08-11-14/2047:19> »
"Characters at character creation may only have 1 Mental or Physical attribute at their natural maximum limit; the special attributes of Magic, Edge, and Resonance are not included in this limitation." (middle of second column, p. 66, SR5).  That's the only restriction, and it's the same limitation as it was in SR4 (p. 82, SR4A).

The rule you're citing (1 at 6 or 2 at 5, the rest 4 or lower) was the SR4 limitation on starting skills (p. 84, SR4A).  This rule does not exist in SR5.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

tamora

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-11-14/2131:05> »
Thanks! Then I'll be ready for GenCon  :D