NEWS

Cyberdeck/Matrix tracking aids

• 19 Replies

The Dread Polack

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <03-21-19/0216:01> »
...definitely would love a set of programme cards. So much easier to reference.

I've attached the complete program cards and IC cards files in PDF format.

I do like the idea of a deck tracking sheet, wasthinking about coming up with something similar as well. The one suggestion I have is make it a "form fillable" PDF rather than set to a specific deck so configurations can be changed and bonuses applied (like from the Overclocker quality, running certain programmes, installed modules, noise reduction, etc).

I don't know how to make a form-fillable PDF yet. I've had enough requests for them that I think I'm going to learn how. For now, this is all I have.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #16 on: <03-22-19/2358:32> »
...yeah you would need a full version of a PDF writer like Acrobat or PDF Xchange to create a form fillable PDF.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

The Dread Polack

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <03-24-19/0344:16> »
Here's another file I whipped up. There are a million cheat sheets out there, but I find most of them, graphically speaking, too messy and hard to read. This is a simple list of matrix actions. The first page lists them in alphabetical order, the second by action type.

There's a bit of space on the first page that I plan to eventually fill with some other relevant matrix info once I go through the chapter again. I'm open to suggestions.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #18 on: <03-24-19/0403:02> »
Here’s all of them from the various books if you want to complete your chart.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lgcOiyN-z6Hxf9ZMGSNCmGA1CkcPfo9_/view?usp=drivesdk
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

The Dread Polack

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <03-26-19/0231:26> »
Okay, here's a first draft of what I'm calling the "Matrix opposition sheet".

This isn't much like the Cyberdeck sheet. It's really meant to be printed off and used once by the GM for an individual encounter by a hacker against a host, another hacker, etc. It's where the GM can track the rating, attributes, O.S., and other notes pertinent to this particular encounter. Honestly, you could just scribble this in your notebook, but I like having a few rules handy (particularly for O.S. and convergence) on the sheet as well. As you can see, there is a column on the side to track O.S. as it goes up and down. There's a section to jot down security procedures, such as what the host/device does once it detects a hacker, and what IC it has and in what order they will load. And lastly, about half the sheet is just lines for the GM to track all the various notes, like the status of any security spiders, what devices are slaved to the host/device, what files are there, if they're encrypted or bombed, and a place to track marks.

Condition monitors for IC aren't on the sheet, since I have cards for that. There's a monitor for any device being directly hacked (GMs can also track that with tallies in the notes section, of course). The GM can also track loaded programs and/or IC with the cards I've created along the bottom/sides of the sheet.

Anyway, I hope you find it useful. It's likely to change a bit, like probably shrinking to a half-page and/or including some tables from the Matrix chapter. I'm looking for any suggestions on what to add/subtract/change in order for this to work better for you. Thanks in advance!