NEWS

Hacking and whatnot is ridiculously OP?

• 181 Replies

_Pax_

« Reply #180 on: <05-03-12/1857:26> »
I thought if your outside casting into it would still affect the spell....? o.O if so then i'd have a better chance there....
  It affects the spell (increased Drain), but not your Magic Rating.

So my dice i believe is 6 spell casting +2 combat spell + 6 spell casting +3 spell casting foci for a grand total of 17 dice before edge, after edge brings me up to 23 dice. (guess i was 1 dice off before xD) With that dice pool my group can attest that i throw 20S+ balls, which for me is drain 5 which i (if you go by average) take 2 drain if i don't edge the dice pool to let myself get away unscaved. Obviously this can be highly dangerous with my lightning ball because that's 11DV!!!! I have thrown a few of those, but far and few inbetween. xD
  Except if you cast into an area with a BGC of -4, the drain would be based on F12+4, or F16.  So for Stunbolt, you would be facing 7P drain.  And don't forget that: you're overcasting, so the drain is physical wounds, not mere fatigue.

I'm hoping to get a Force 4 power focus (which i think adds to the dice to spell cast right?) which will bring me up higher, and then my next goal is a metamagic centering foci to help with Drain. My mage for the most part is a glass cannon. *nods*
  Power Focii add to all rolls you make that reference the Magic attribute.  Spellcasting is indeed one such roll.  :)

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #181 on: <05-03-12/1905:50> »
Indeed most of any of the drain i take is physical.... it's only when i'm close to death do i start generally under casting. XD backwards of most players but i try to live it up on the edge. (no pun intended... or is it?)
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man