NEWS

Stick-n-Shock ammo

• 154 Replies

WareWolf

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <12-10-11/1257:44> »
In my group we balanced stick and shock by changing the damage value to be equal to the weapon fired.
This get's mentioned a lot as a house rule.
I have never ever gotten this, as IMHo this truly makes S&S better then any other ammo for all weapons.
We changed the damage code to be equal to weapon to prevent the light pistol of stunning badness and to preserve realism. (Bigger round, bigger capacitor)

Falconer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <12-10-11/1331:24> »
Mäx.

You're forgeting something big here... you can't load APDS, or anti-vehicle... or whatnot into a taser.  The light pistol is a far more flexible weapon overall since just by changing up ammo you can do a lot more.  The taser is a very specialized weapon in comparison.

Also, the most egregious gun to load SnS isn't a light pistol... it's a machine pistol!!     Hear eat a narrow burst for 11S + net hits...!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #32 on: <12-10-11/1333:40> »
Yeah, but it's a lot easier to explain to Officer Not-So-Friendly why you're carrying a Taser than why you have a Colt American with APDS loaded in it.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <12-10-11/1341:24> »
You're forgeting something big here... you can't load APDS, or anti-vehicle... or whatnot into a taser.  The light pistol is a far more flexible weapon overall since just by changing up ammo you can do a lot more.  The taser is a very specialized weapon in comparison.
If you often find yourself fighting vehicles with nothing but a light-pistol, then your just not planning ahead well enough ;)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #34 on: <12-10-11/1348:02> »
If you often find yourself fighting vehicles with nothing but a light-pistol, then your just not planning ahead well enough ;)

Exactly; that's when you pull a bootlegger turn and play chicken with your high-body Armor 20 vehicle.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #35 on: <12-10-11/1348:27> »
And that's why my Elven Wheelman carries a S&W version of the Ruger Super Warhawk.  His primary opponents are vehicles, so he has to have something that he can go car hunting with.

Damn hard to skin, and the meat ain't so good.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Falconer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <12-10-11/1428:24> »
I don't know about you, but I regularly pull stunts like shooting people through walls.

Using my gun to quickly 'lockpick' doors by shooting the lock/latch out.

Called shots to take out tires and other fun bits.

Load up special drug cocktails in capsule rounds.   Scare people loading 'paintballs' in capsule rounds (double effective for dealing with pesky security cameras!  *splat*, lets see them see anything now...

All things tasers aren't so good at.
« Last Edit: <12-10-11/1430:45> by Falconer »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #37 on: <12-10-11/1432:15> »
Semi-Automatic MasterKey system with ShockLock Shotgun Shells, it's a wonderful thing!  ;D

And that's why I love the Ares Bravo!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #38 on: <12-10-11/1500:00> »
Semi-Automatic MasterKey system with ShockLock Shotgun Shells, it's a wonderful thing!  ;D

And that's why I love the Ares Bravo!

But the Ares Bravo comes with an under-barrel Vibrosword, doesn't it?
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #39 on: <12-10-11/1517:32> »
Yeah, it does.  No idea why I thought it had an Underbelly Shotgun like the Alpha has an underbelly grenade launcher...

Oh, right, probably because War! confuses the hell out of me.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <12-10-11/1706:23> »
I don't know about you, but I regularly pull stunts like shooting people through walls.

Using my gun to quickly 'lockpick' doors by shooting the lock/latch out.

Called shots to take out tires and other fun bits.

Load up special drug cocktails in capsule rounds.   Scare people loading 'paintballs' in capsule rounds (double effective for dealing with pesky security cameras!  *splat*, lets see them see anything now...

All things tasers aren't so good at.
Neither is a light pistol really.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Trench

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <12-10-11/1900:43> »
Crash I know that you are reading the section on electricity damage correctly. However the -2 is very much like the disorientation toxin effect.

So if you shoot a dragon or someone in full body nonconductive armor, or anyone else who takes no damage, this might not be considered a "successful" attack. Just as shooting a cyberzombie with a light pistol would not be a successful attack.
Look That up in your Funk & Wagnalls.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #42 on: <12-10-11/2011:07> »
So if you shoot a dragon...
You'll find out where they keep their ketchup warehouse/factory.  Very, very briefly.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crash_00

« Reply #43 on: <12-10-11/2045:12> »
Crash I know that you are reading the section on electricity damage correctly. However the -2 is very much like the disorientation toxin effect.

So if you shoot a dragon or someone in full body nonconductive armor, or anyone else who takes no damage, this might not be considered a "successful" attack. Just as shooting a cyberzombie with a light pistol would not be a successful attack.

I disagree mainly on the point of what you are considering t be like a toxin. The electric damage causes a "resistance" of Body+Willpower(3) (+half impact armor) or you become incapacitated. To me, this is the toxin like effect. The -2 is what occurs if you successfully defend against the toxin affect.

Before we go any further, do you have to damage an opponent to cause them to resist a toxin? Dart Rifles, Splash Grenades and the like do no damage on their own, they just have to "successfully" hit the target to make use of their payload. So with a normal toxin attack it breaks down like this (using a Dart Rifle as an example):

1. Attacker rolls to hit target and gets 4 successes.
2. Defender rolls to defend and gets one success. The Dart Rifle require 2 net successes to deliver its payload and the attacker got three, the attack is successful.
3. Defender resists the Dart Rifles damage (which is zero).
4. Defender must resist the loaded toxin (using Gamma-Scopolamine as example). Defender rolls body for four successes, but the drug has a power of 8. Defender suffers ill affects of drug.

Now if the the defender had gotten eight successes, the drug would be completely negated. Either way, the resistance is in no way tied to the delivery attack of the toxin.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #44 on: <12-11-11/1838:28> »
When gun bunnies take drain for firing a gun... then we can talk.   Stunbolt is one of the few things mages can do within general power levels.   Generally if a street sam shoots you twice with gel... you're unconcious... if a mage hammers you with 1 or 2 good stunbolts you're unconcious.

Stunbolt/ball ruins biological targets like nothing else.  Its drain is so low that any mage who can't soak it should be repurposed into cat food.  It is the 100% best choice.  Don't front.

SnS is the technological equivalent.  Not as good, but close.  No shame in it.

I don't get the idea that you can't have darkfuture without incidental homicide.  Why would professionals, with access to magic, nanotechnology, and all sorts of other crazy-advanced tech, kill someone they're not being paid to kill?  That's just asking to be used.
« Last Edit: <12-11-11/2243:31> by Kontact »