NEWS

[6E] errata released.

• 159 Replies

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #30 on: <08-02-19/1046:10> »
So the fix for grenades was to make them even more brokenly overpowered.

I don't think they were fixed, or intended to be fixed. The CRB was missing the "dodge penalty chart" for the avoid incoming interrupt action, and I think this errata just "fixed" the fact the chart was missing. It was a good opportunity to actually fix how unbalanced grenades are, but it is likely either seen as a non-issue, or they weren't allowed.

As soon as Missions switches over I plan to make a grenade junky built to the fullest tilt and play it at as many different locations as possible to highlight how broken they are.
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <08-02-19/1126:39> »
That being said: "You can´t get Edge for shooting out of cover" is definetely something that will go straight out of the window if I ever play 6th Edition. Jeez people. If you want this fancy new mechanic take off, stop gutting it  ::)
Since you get a bonus to defense rating (as well as a positive dice pool modifier to avoid) probably mean you generate edge faster when opposition is trying to hit you...

I want to play test this before making up my mind on this...

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« Reply #32 on: <08-02-19/1134:38> »
So the fix for grenades was to make them even more brokenly overpowered.

I don't think they were fixed, or intended to be fixed. The CRB was missing the "dodge penalty chart" for the avoid incoming interrupt action, and I think this errata just "fixed" the fact the chart was missing. It was a good opportunity to actually fix how unbalanced grenades are, but it is likely either seen as a non-issue, or they weren't allowed.

As soon as Missions switches over I plan to make a grenade junky built to the fullest tilt and play it at as many different locations as possible to highlight how broken they are.

With this just being the HotFix and errata in full coming later after the con, it may be something they look into, or already have and it’s just in a different not yet released ReadMe.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <08-02-19/1145:12> »
Would anyone be able to comment on the plan for errata long term?

Is there a standing goal of incorporating the errata into at least the digital document and republishing to customers?  Even if that might take a while to finalize or accomplish?

It is what it is, just looking to set my expectations here too.  Just knowing a yes/no/unable to comment would be helpful.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #34 on: <08-02-19/1726:28> »
There is nothing any of us can say about Catalyst plans. All we can do is hypothesise. In the past they did update the SR5 CRB PDF. That is all we know.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <08-02-19/1737:20> »
I think most of the people who can answer questions are currently at Gen Con, and so forum participation could be spotty for the next couple days.  It will be for me at least.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <08-02-19/1850:53> »
At the risk of making a netiquette faux pas, would it be acceptable to post my observations on the Errata doc in the Errata forum?  I don't want to make anyone feel called out or anything, I'm sure the time crunch had an impact on things. There's some wording choices on some passages I'd love to suggest changes to for better clarity though.  Just trying to help suggest improvements.   :D

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #37 on: <08-02-19/2022:22> »
At the risk of making a netiquette faux pas, would it be acceptable to post my observations on the Errata doc in the Errata forum?  I don't want to make anyone feel called out or anything, I'm sure the time crunch had an impact on things. There's some wording choices on some passages I'd love to suggest changes to for better clarity though.  Just trying to help suggest improvements.   :D

Since you are not part of the Errata team, I'd say no.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <08-02-19/2032:08> »
My bad. Didn't realize it wasn't for general public use. I'll stop trying to help.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #39 on: <08-03-19/0058:29> »
My bad. Didn't realize it wasn't for general public use. I'll stop trying to help.
Don't stop trying, I'm just pointing out that the subsection is set up for them to track stuff.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <08-03-19/0124:06> »
Sorry again, maybe I'm not being clear enough.

I have some suggested changes to the wording a couple of the entries in the Errata document to aid in the clarification the sentences are attempting to provide.  I'd like to post these suggestions somewhere for consideration (thus items to be tracked for changes).  The Errata subsection made sense to me as a place for that, but if that's not the right spot, where should I post it?

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #41 on: <08-03-19/0146:07> »
Hallo!

To answer your most recent question, give me some time to work that out, but I definitely want a place for the community to post there thoughts on Errata without cluttering up community repositories.

To answer the 'thought process' question:

The purpose of Hot Fix was to find outright conflicts and omissions and correct them.  I'm sure we missed a few things.

What we were NOT working towards for HF was fine tuning balance or making a case for why something should change.

If the rule was there and was mechanically workable, then it wasn't for the HF team to 'fix'.

Part of that has to do with the time available to us, part of that is giving the game time to 'land' before folks start demanding changes.

Of all the gripes people have, some of them are fully going to fall into the realm of 'getoffmylawnism' and there will be growing pains as we acclimatize.  Once we have, we may very well discover that something we thought we'd hate or something g we thought was going to be absolutely broken turns out just fine... preferable, even.

Some will not... and once we're certain it's not working, we can approach it as a potential errata item.

In addition to making sure the errata program is working for all of us, I want to increase visibility on the how and why.

BUT!  I've been neck deep in it for a minute and once Gen Con is done, I need to take a break and recharge, so it'll be a couple of weeks before I dive headfirst into it with the team, so give us some time.

Talk out your issues in the general and rules forums.  Try things.  Test them.  Break them. We'll address everything that we can and make 6W the best game it can be.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <08-03-19/0151:27> »
Fair enough.  Rest well.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <08-08-19/2129:08> »
On cover not providing Edge, couldn't you take a  minor action to leave cover, Major action to attack, then minor action to resume cover?

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <08-08-19/2142:18> »
On cover not providing Edge, couldn't you take a  minor action to leave cover, Major action to attack, then minor action to resume cover?

Depends on how RAW your GM is I'd guess, If you moved out of cover, then shot, you'd no longer have any move actions left to get back to cover so you could then take the minor action get in cover.  I suspect reasonable GMs would say a step out of cover, doesn't require a move action to get back into it.