NEWS

Tempo timeline

• 8 Replies

Oski

• Newb
« on: <01-04-14/1727:24> »
This post has some Ghost Cartels spoilers for folks concerned about that sort of thing.

I'm developing a 5e campaign, but I want it to begin in early 2072 so that I've got some established metaworld history/events to play with and around, and to take the players up to and beyond 2075 as the campaign progresses and new source material becomes available.

So in early 2072, I think that tempo still has a presence, though it's becoming harder to obtain.  Are addicts going through withdrawal?  Are the effects of tempo different after the conclusion of the events of the Ghost Cartels campaign?  At what point would tempo no longer be available at all?  I don't think it's referenced at all in Stormfront or the 5e sourcebook, but it is referenced in Seattle 2072.

Thanks.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1 on: <01-05-14/0212:16> »
Tempo is still around, just harder to come by.

While we have no direct evidence to show,  it is believed that Aztechnology is producing tempo and selling it.

Considering how Tempo was made, this should be rather alarming to some.... as it means those veggie spirits ultimate plans and goals could still bare fruit.

(See ghost cartel adventure book for more info)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Oski

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-05-14/0850:37> »
Thanks Reaver.  Yeah I have the Ghost Cartels book and have been reading it.  I didn't know whether there had been any indications of actual tempo production after the conclusion of the book though.  Aztechnology seems to take possession of the means of production, but there's no clear indicator that they went ahead and did so (although, given that they're Aztechnology, and evil, it's certainly not beyond them).

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #3 on: <01-05-14/0926:26> »
Ive heard there were attempts to continue the production in different parts of the planet with right clima. After all, Yajé is invited to Aztechnology at the end, well that doesn`t neccessarily mean that she was the only spirit possessing the right power, as Primeira Vaga continues to exist, you cannot be exactly sure what happens :). And also it doesnt neccessarily means that she would be unable to escape and start from fresh, if she find it neccessary to sattisfy her needs ;)

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <01-10-14/0457:44> »
Just looked it up . . .

At the end of Ghost Cartels, Riveros had a gameleira torcida sapling - it may not be capable of producing tempo as yet, still needing to grow a fair bit. Which must be severely annoying the Azzies - revenue stream being held up by botanical reality <snort>.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-10-14/0658:26> »
Well there is always possibility that someone had another sappling stolen before. Not canon ofc, but IMO evera GM is free to exploit this beautiful topic his own way.

Oski

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <01-10-14/1934:36> »
Just looked it up . . .

At the end of Ghost Cartels, Riveros had a gameleira torcida sapling - it may not be capable of producing tempo as yet, still needing to grow a fair bit. Which must be severely annoying the Azzies - revenue stream being held up by botanical reality <snort>.

Yeah I know.  I was just wondering whether anything official had happened between that event (which is 2071) and the present (2075).  I'm GMing a campaign set to 5e but starting in 2072, so that I can cover a bit of established historical development and then still be in line with canon as I proceed beyond 2075.  So I want to factor tempo in throughout.

Thanks for all the replies.  I have a pretty good idea of how to proceed while respecting canon.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #7 on: <01-10-14/2126:32> »
I am probably wrong, but I believe there was a whole plot hook with tempo that died when the writer who wrote ghost cartels left. So feel free to do as you will.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <01-11-14/0238:20> »
I am probably wrong, but I believe there was a whole plot hook with tempo that died when the writer who wrote ghost cartels left. So feel free to do as you will.

Ive heard the same. We get War! instead :'( one of those moments I feel realy sorry about. Primeira Vaga seemed as powerful and great antagonist. I am not surebabout Maelström and that second one weren't part of it.