NEWS

[SR5] Lockdown

• 115 Replies

rayous

• Newb
« Reply #105 on: <08-06-15/2144:17> »
so, the blue hills r&d complex did not really give much detail on its security (unlike the ecse which is the wrong place to go). Anyone have a description of what kind of security i should place there?

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #106 on: <08-10-15/1117:46> »
so, the blue hills r&d complex did not really give much detail on its security (unlike the ecse which is the wrong place to go). Anyone have a description of what kind of security i should place there?

I just ran into this myself.  It was very odd -- I kept flipping the page, looking for that next part that provided more detail about where in that massive compound the target is located, what the compound security is like, who/what else is near the target …

Since I want to make this part reasonably easy (don’t want a long hospital stay to be required!) I’ve waved my hands and decided that current security is sub-par – that given the size of the compound they normally depended a lot on drones and spirits both of which are not operating as normal.  Between the noise in the matrix and the issues with the security systems on the expressway the drones are mostly out of action, or moved to the front gates to deal with protesters, and that meanwhile most of Neonet’s magic resources are tied up in either supporting tower 4 or taking part in the ‘security drill.’  On top of which some of the security guards are already out of action, and they are dealing with ‘protesters’ at the gate, so their normal patrols have been compromised.  And finally non-vital personal have been told to stay in the on-base housing, so there are less general people around. 

In short, they are dealing with mostly passive security (locks, cameras, detectors), a small number of guards at key locations, and patrolling watcher spirits (they were up before things went to heck, and are still following their orders).  At least, that is all they have hit so far--they are currently in the tunnels, heading toward the building where I decided the target labs are (notice that although we get an aerial view of the compound, the text doesn’t bother to mention which of the buildings the target is in/under?  Or for that matter which of the portions of the compound are under the control of which subsidiary?) 

I think I’ll have a fair number of people around the target, making it highly likely that an alarm goes out –if it does they’ll have to deal with waves of security drones on the way out (guards feel they can’t leave the front gate for the most part).

carmachu

• Newb
« Reply #107 on: <09-07-15/2117:19> »
I can honestly say, while I'm enjoying Lockdown as a product, I've discovered that I truely and deeply HATE jackpoint and most of its users. Maybe its the old grognard shadowrunner in me, but Jackpoint in this comes off as the antithesis of everything Shadowland was. Shadowland was about getting information out.  Jackpoint isnt- once I read Netcat's post, I started discovering I really didnt like Jackpoint or any of its posters much(well, other then Kane, becuase he's old fun). Reading page 78-79,  and saying its better to keep everything underwraps, and keep the information underwraps and they were ok with it, it reminds me how different jackpoint is from the old Shadowlands when Bug city quarantine came down and they HAD to get the information out.

Captain Chaos's eghost has to be rolling somewhere in the matrix right about now.

(Of course maybe that was always suppose to be that way and I missed it, but here's where I've seen it most)

« Last Edit: <09-07-15/2119:37> by carmachu »

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #108 on: <09-10-15/1643:15> »
(Of course maybe that was always suppose to be that way and I missed it, but here's where I've seen it most)

I remember that in The Clutch of Dragons, Harlequin hacks Frosty's account and calls the Jackpointers out on that.

Your lot is far more dour and selfish than the good Captain's anarchist vessel.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

carmachu

• Newb
« Reply #109 on: <09-10-15/1958:55> »

I remember that in The Clutch of Dragons, Harlequin hacks Frosty's account and calls the Jackpointers out on that.

Your lot is far more dour and selfish than the good Captain's anarchist vessel.

Amen there. And thats what I guess I miss most of all. What page was that?

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #110 on: <09-10-15/2006:33> »
According to Fastjack's post index: Clutch of the Dragons pg 34

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #111 on: <01-16-16/1556:38> »
At the risk of thread necromancy, it isn't clear to me why Aiden was kidnapped (Beantown Bound). If he were a technomancer it'd make sense, as he was imprisoned with 'other technomancers' being investigated. But he isn't. Is there a reason I have overlooked ?

(though probably will be if I use this material)

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #112 on: <01-16-16/1630:20> »
I made him into a technomancer -- it just made no sense to me as written.  I assume that at some point he was changed to an adept in order to make him an easier npc?

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #113 on: <01-17-16/0047:56> »
I made him into a technomancer -- it just made no sense to me as written.  I assume that at some point he was changed to an adept in order to make him an easier npc?

I could have sworn that it mentioned him being a technomacer somewhere?  ???

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #114 on: <01-18-16/1805:43> »
In the character trove he's an adept. In the campaign I'm running, it's going to be a case of mistaken identity.

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #115 on: <02-27-16/0433:58> »
I ran it that the kidnappers were actually after after the kid from the SR QSR from Free RPG day 2014.  He was an electrokinetic infected by CFD that had committed identify theft on Aiden using his identity to hide.  Once Aiden arrived in Boston he was being kept as part of an expanded experiment.
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team