NEWS

(I.C) Cleaning Up the Band

• 90 Replies

Maelstrom

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <09-17-10/1700:25> »
Axe squinted in the light drizzle.

“Ain’t right, thinkin’ an empty belly.”

A quick AR login yielded street directions to New Hope Hospice.  “Bellevue, huh? ”

“Joker goes and checks out New Hope, but take the long ‘way round ‘cause Seattle buses are slow.  F.T. and me will hit a Stuffer Shack, take a bus into Bellevue, and find someplace close by the Hospice to wait.  On the bus I’ll check Knight Errant arrest posts to see if they have Josh Williams in custody.  Whadda ya think?

OOC:

Did we get any money up front from Daniel?  Also, I don’t have my starting nuyen rolled.

Data Search Knight Errant arrest reports for any record of Josh Williams.

Tobias

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <09-17-10/1810:22> »
ooc: Sorry for delay been busy as at work and had family stuff on.

(Before/During meeting)

Monkey wanders in his auctioneer business suit with a smile on his face making small talk in Indian to the waitresses. He listens quietly nodding along with his teams questions and the price. As they chat outside he tilts his head and chuckles.

"I guess I'm not that forgettable. I'll head over with you and Father, I could do with some soykaff before we start. Maybe have a look on the outside and a look around in the grounds."
SR4 20th Anniversary Limited Edition 1136/1500

Father_Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <09-17-10/2144:50> »
"Perhaps I should accompany Joker with investigating the interior of this clinic? We are both human so we stick out the least, and I can simply pose as the spiritual counselor for the man we are considering placing at this establishment. If there IS something fishy about this location, I don't believe we should send anyone in there alone. Not to mention I have ways of discerning if we are being lied to."  Father Twilight offered as the others spoke of transportation. He reached beneath his jacket and removed his roomsweeper's hidden holster and covertly handed it off to Axe.

"Hold on to that for me would you? I don't believe a rehab clinic would understand the idea of a priest packing heat. Besides I have more potent methods of defense to call on if need be. The archangel Gabriel watches over me in my work."

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <09-17-10/2201:32> »
No arrest reports for Josh Williams
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Maelstrom

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <09-18-10/0845:36> »
Axe nods, slips the holster beneath his jacket and buckles it.  The lower jacket pocket hangs heavily, the outline of his own weapon apparent while he adjusts the holster.  Frowning, Axe shrugs his shoulders, trying to minimize the bulge.  "Yeah, we blend."

"Okay, F.T.  Maybe you an' Joker can keep 'links open for Monkey an' me.  You guys should get subvocal mics later.  Two words - tactical network."

Axe's mouth twists thoughtfully for a moment, and retrieves a marble-sized object from his jacket pocket.  As he stares at it, the tiny plastic-metallic compound wings unfold and the MCT Fly-Spy minidrone rises almost soundlessly from his open palm.

"Recon around the Hospice outside would be good too."

"Maybe Monkey an' me can wait in a kaf shop close by.  I monitor the minidrone an' see what I can find on the Hospice node. Whaddya think?"

OOC:
I run Analyze, Browse, Reality Filter, Scan, and Stealth programs, and cold-VR scan for New Hope Hospice.  Switch from Scan to Armor once node is located.  Intention is subscribe to the node, hacking/exploit a user account, use Reality Filter and Analyze, and then go from there once I have a clearer picture.
« Last Edit: <09-18-10/0850:08> by Maelstrom »

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <09-18-10/0925:04> »
Joker looked around as the gun was passed, making certain that nobody was watching them.

"Good thinkin', guys. So the reverend and myself will go to the Hospice. I'll pose as an addict -shouldn't be too hard for me- and he will pose as my priest. Heh."

Next he motioned to Axe and Monkey, while taking a drag off his smoke.

"You two will find the restaurant nearest to the Hospice and text us the location. That will serve as our rendezvous point. You'll get some food, remotely search the grounds, and collect cute waitress's comm numbers for me."

"This way if anything goes wrong we have a support team nearby."

"We'll use cabs. We can't afford to have things screwed up by a bus hijacking. Remember, this is alot of nuyen, guys. If we don't screw this up we'll be eating like kings. Fat kings."

He grinned, obviously finding himself amusing. When someone passed by on the sidewalk, giving them all a suspicious look, his expression rapidly changed.

"Alright! Let's get this show on the road, fellahs. I'm gettin' sleepy, standin' here."

He took out his comm and started to order a cab for himself and Father Twilight.

"Oh, did you wanna leave that bug drone with me for the ride, Axe ol' chummer, or are you good?"
« Last Edit: <09-18-10/0927:06> by Joker »

Maelstrom

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <09-18-10/1824:33> »
"Nah, I gotta keep the drone.  It'll go dead on ya."

OOC

Microdrone default is 400 meters signal range (pilot 3), 100 meters sensor range.  So, maximum ranges are 400m distance from rigger and 100m drone perception.

Father_Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <09-19-10/1527:05> »
"Joker, while your volunteering to pose as an addict no doubt would work, have you thought that if we bring you in they will expect you to stay? And I don't think that we want to leave you alone there, though no doubt you would benefit from the serene surrounding of a rehab clinic in the future. Perhaps you should be a concerned family member of an addict? That way they won't expect either of us to remain in their facility and it won't seem unusual that we look around and then leave afterwords. Though if you wish to volunteer to remain behind in this clinic of unknown and possibly sinister nature that could work as well. Once I leave I could return in astral form and monitor your situation from the heavenly view." Father Twilight stated as he waited for Joker to finish calling for a cab and for the team to decide which route they would pursue for this infiltration.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <09-19-10/1636:24> »
Joker momentarily looked up from his commlink at Father Twilight, eyes narrowing briefly. However, he let it go, focusing on the job.
"What I would benefit from is ten grand and a long vacation on an island somewhere..with beautiful women... and... good food." His voice trailed off as he spoke, distracted by the simple act of ordering a cab. He had always been bad with tech.
"There. Should be here in a minute."
He raises his gaze, looking the group over and lowering the device.
"Alright then. I'll play the concerned brother."
« Last Edit: <09-19-10/1646:24> by Joker »

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <09-19-10/1902:47> »
As Joker continues to glare at Father Twilight the automated cab pulls up. The electronic voice says, "Where to bub?" in a perfect New York accent. At least you assume it is a good New York accent having never actually been there. You all pile in and give it a location of a small bistro a couple blocks from the New Hope Hospice. You quietly discuss the plan again to make sure you are all on the same page occasionally glancing up at the autodrone that is driving wondering if it has the ability to record what is being said. Well nothing incriminating was said so it doesn't matter. As you pile out it is 52 nuyen (if you take 2 or more cabs it is that per cab just let me know how people go)

The Father and Joker approach the New Hope Hospice and notice it is what was once a great neighborhood, but now passes for decent. There are small businesses and an apartment building on the block with the Hospice.

The only thing that attracts your attention as you walk up is the large human in synth leather who is leaning against the wall in one of the nearby alleyways. He seems to be working hard on not paying attention to the New Hope Hospice. His leathers are a purple and gold that clash in a I don't care kind of way. As you walk by your not so sure that his look isn't that of someone zoned out on something now that you look again.

Walks Through Walls

Father_Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <09-19-10/1923:33> »
**In the Cab

"So Joker, what is your name for this engagement? I will be going by the alias of Father Gabriel Veracone. Oh, and what is your brothers name to be?" Father Twilight asks as he also updates his Commlink to show the SIN of Gabriel Veracone to anyone checking as under that persona he is also shown as a Priest of a small undisclosed parish.

**At the clinic
As Dinivin walks past the figure in synth leather he quickly switches his perception to catch the astral projection this man puts out, looking to catch a discrepency between what he would be experiancing were he zoned out, and taking a deeper look to perceive just what emotions are foremost in his aura.

((OOC http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2693535/ for my assessing roll if you wanted me to roll that))

Maelstrom

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <09-19-10/1944:32> »
In the cab:

Taking cue from Father Twilight, Axe changes his SIN to Patrick Troughton and reduces his commlink signal to three.

The Patrick (Rick) Troughton PAN profile is a clearly uneducated mish-mash of badly-structured sentences riddled with typographical errors.

Patrick is an automotive and industrial mechanic.  Most of the profile entries remain at their default "Information Unavailable" setting save "Current Employment", which reads "yeah rite", and "Hobbies and Interests", which has been updated to "WOMEN!!!".

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <09-19-10/2025:40> »
At the Bistro you start looking for the Node to New Hope Hospice and find it easily. It has an entryway node that has general information, but no admin type functions though there is a door to a deeper part of the system it looks to be heavily fortified.

Father Twilight when you change to astral perception on your way by you see that the person is very alert and seems calm almost to the point of being uninterested. He also looks like he might have some type of body mods though you cannot really tell much in the way of what.

Walks Through Walls

Darkstorm

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <09-19-10/2144:22> »
After receiving a text from Joker Y-Chan drives on to the Bistro to meet the others. Before stopping she'll do a quick lap to check for any unsavory types that might be watching any of the group.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <09-19-10/2213:49> »
In the cab:
"Luc Lebeau, brother of BTL addict Louis Lebeau.", he responded quickly, clearly having thought this over.

At the Clinic:
Joker takes off his sunglasses and dusts himself off as they approach the building. He stops though, kneeling down to tighten a bootstrap and glancing over at the suspicious figure. Quickly he begins to subvocalize a message, sending it through to the crew's commlinks. "Monkey, Y-chan. Suspicious drug dealer type over here by the hospital. I'd like you to talk to him. See if you can't find anything out about the clinic or our missing musician... if you call that music. Try not to start any drek and watch your asses, ay?"
He sends a snapshot of the flamboyant, shifty character,(taken with his cybereyes) sending that along with the message.
After that, he simply stands up, apologizing to the priest and heading for the front door of the building.