NEWS

Is there an SR5 in the works?

• 244 Replies

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #90 on: <02-20-12/1103:30> »
SR5 is almost assuredly in the works the way this industry goes, I just hope its a system improvement rather than a new system all together. That way we don't have to buy all new books.

Kinda like SR4A could also be called SR4.5? ;)
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #91 on: <02-20-12/1106:48> »
SR5 is almost assuredly in the works the way this industry goes, I just hope its a system improvement rather than a new system all together. That way we don't have to buy all new books.

If Paizo starts snooping aroung CGL, run. SR5 shall be like the videogame, and we'll sll have to.play ShadowFinder.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #92 on: <02-20-12/1303:29> »
Hero System is on its sixth edition now, and I've played the last three editions. I can honestly say there is not much difference between the three editions. The core mechanic is the same, though other things have been changed a bit, mostly cosmetic things.

I vastly prefer SR4 to SR3, so when (yes, I'm saying when, not if) SR5 comes along, I hope that the core mechanic from SR4 remains.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #93 on: <02-20-12/1305:01> »
Hero System is on its sixth edition now, and I've played the last three editions. I can honestly say there is not much difference between the three editions. The core mechanic is the same, though other things have been changed a bit, mostly cosmetic things.

I vastly prefer SR4 to SR3, so when (yes, I'm saying when, not if) SR5 comes along, I hope that the core mechanic from SR4 remains.

Would be nice if the firearm and vehicle creation rules made a comeback though. I really miss those  :'(
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Crash_00

« Reply #94 on: <02-20-12/1316:51> »
Not near enough changes between SR4 and SR4A to be considered that similar. It would be closer to 4.05 maybe. All they really did was add some awesome artwork and stories, change a few costs around (att improvements, adept powers, skillsofts, ect.), and put in some overdue errata.

Would be nice if the firearm and vehicle creation rules made a comeback though. I really miss those  :'(
I just hope they do a better job with them than the SR3 system did. Otherwise you wind up at a point where everyone has to build custom guns or fall behind the curve.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #95 on: <02-21-12/0210:20> »
I just hope they do a better job with them than the SR3 system did. Otherwise you wind up at a point where everyone has to build custom guns or fall behind the curve.
But I have this great idea for a silenced, belt fed, full-auto assault cannon...

My Characters

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #96 on: <02-21-12/0257:38> »
With "Total Recoil" upgrade...

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #97 on: <02-21-12/0414:58> »
But I have this great idea for a silenced, belt fed, full-auto assault cannon...

That's just scary!
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

Crash_00

« Reply #98 on: <02-21-12/0747:29> »
But, is it more concealable than a holdout pistol?

I think my main issue was that there were no drawbacks really to most of the design options, and there were no limits on what did and didn't stack. The recoil rules make me think that Catalyst can put their minds to it and possibly do a good job at a custom creation segment, but it really just depends on who they get to write it.

For example, there were no downsides to taking a higher power (good ones would be louder (bonus to hear), bigger (conceal modifier), or a lowered firing mode (like what the Warhawk does)). I could also build an Assault Rifle with a conceal higher than starting holdouts between reduced barrel, bullpup, and imp. conceal. I moved the old SR3 rules over to SR4 not too long ago found here with only a few tweaks, but a brand new system would work much better.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #99 on: <02-21-12/0802:28> »
And I really want that rapid fire Needle gun Molly was using whe nextracting Case from Chiba...

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #100 on: <02-21-12/1521:57> »
i think i once made a full auto shotgun with enough recoil compensation to fire 6 shots without problem that was as easy to hide as a heavy pistol . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #101 on: <02-22-12/0134:33> »
i think i once made a full auto shotgun with enough recoil compensation to fire 6 shots without problem that was as easy to hide as a heavy pistol . .

I think I made a Sniper Rifle with a D damage code, and burst fire, no recoil, and no sound that was as concealable as a Machine Pistol...
It was that where our GM said "Um....you know what...No..we are not going to use those rules!"

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #102 on: <02-22-12/1054:38> »
*nods*
always taking away our toys ._.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #103 on: <02-22-12/1054:59> »
The problem wasn't with the firearm/vehicle creation rules.  Any rules are going to be "broken" when someone does everything they can to TRY to break them.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #104 on: <02-22-12/1222:55> »
Indeed. Any rules can be twisted to the point of breaking. That does not, in itself, mean those rules are broken.

My Characters