NEWS

Is there an SR5 in the works?

• 244 Replies

Ragnarok

• Omae
« on: <02-05-12/2047:46> »
Just curious if there are any rumors to an SR5.
« Last Edit: <02-05-12/2057:37> by Digital_Ragnarok »
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <02-05-12/2102:10> »
Fifth edition?  That's as crazy as coming out with a new 5th Edition of D&D so soon after...  Oh, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

I doubt it.  I mean, hell, we're barely into metaplot storylines and how many more PDFs CGL can pump out.  :)  SOTA'73 is pretty good.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <02-05-12/2114:16> »
Fifth edition?  That's as crazy as coming out with a new 5th Edition of D&D so soon after...  Oh, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

I doubt it.  I mean, hell, we're barely into metaplot storylines and how many more PDFs CGL can pump out.  :)  SOTA'73 is pretty good.

I was hoping that a 5th Edition would return to the old Priority System for character creation, considering that the SR players I know won't touch 4e because of the PB system.

I do know that Runner's Companion had a PS system in it, but without any copies to be had (unless I wanted to spend $100 on eBay/amazon, which I don't), I was hoping that 8 years would be time for a new edition.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #3 on: <02-05-12/2133:22> »

I was hoping that a 5th Edition would return to the old Priority System for character creation, considering that the SR players I know won't touch 4e because of the PB system.

I do know that Runner's Companion had a PS system in it, but without any copies to be had (unless I wanted to spend $100 on eBay/amazon, which I don't), I was hoping that 8 years would be time for a new edition.

I'm sure that a reprint is well underway. I'm also sure that if you're nice someone on here would post up a copy of the Priority System from Runner's Companion. (Wink, Nudge, Wink)

I really hope there's not going to be another edition, SR4 has resolved alot of the frustrations I had with SR3 ie. the Matrix system.
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #4 on: <02-05-12/2143:32> »

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Gardensnake

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <02-05-12/2151:11> »
no, the rigger book isn't out yet. A rigger book always heralds the new edition.

William :P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <02-05-12/2201:34> »
no, the rigger book isn't out yet. A rigger book always heralds the new edition.

William :P
This is an RBB, however.   ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <02-05-12/2310:42> »
Or you can buy the PDF.

PDFs are nice, but I prefer hardcopy/dead tree copy.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #8 on: <02-05-12/2316:24> »
Or you can buy the PDF.

PDFs are nice, but I prefer hardcopy/dead tree copy.

Gotta choose your evil: Hold out hope for a new printing, Choke down the price-tag on eBay, or break down buy the PDF.

Sometimes there are no good choices, just less-bad ones and more-bad ones.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #9 on: <02-06-12/0011:41> »
Honestly? I hope that when 5E comes (Yes, we all know that eventually they will bring out a 5th edition, just hopefully not too soon), they keep the point buy system. It is WORLDS better than the priority system. Honestly, the ease of customization is a helluvalot better than you see in the priority system.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <02-06-12/0118:20> »

Oh please, Priority (at least in my opinion) is exactly what a GM should avoid. Railroading players and nixing customizations.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Makki

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <02-06-12/0155:55> »
I know, that they are at least talking and thinking about 5th ed. I know, because I was asked to contribute some thoughts and suggestions about what needs to be changed.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <02-06-12/0248:43> »
I know, that they are at least talking and thinking about 5th ed. I know, because I was asked to contribute some thoughts and suggestions about what needs to be changed.
Did you say a lack of novels?  Please say you said a lack of novels!!!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #13 on: <02-06-12/0321:15> »
Did you say a lack of novels?  Please say you said a lack of novels!!!
I'm pretty sure he said "Too much CanRay"... ;)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <02-06-12/0351:26> »

I have a solution for both types of character creation for a possible 5th Edition:  Have both!
- Tyrell, Bladerunner