NEWS

[IC] Missions 2 - Rising Sin [concluded]

  • 554 Replies
  • 101955 Views

snake_eyes

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 445
« Reply #300 on: <08-16-12/1722:22> »
Mouse switches to AR, the spam pounding at his firewall is more persistent than usual. He watched Mr. Fractal change his appearance to the stylish party goer. Hmm...I guess I need to loose the cap. Jeans, t-shirt, jacket, that's all he really has. He never was invited to attend any real parties. He turns to Mr. Fractal...
will this do???
He tucks Wiz and the other FlySpy drone under each side of his jacket collar and looks at Unca Omar and smiles a boyish grin.
Unca Omar? You wouldn't happen to have some extra nuyen I could borrow, would you? Thanks. I'll pay you back.
Looking at Mr. Fractal.
So how do we get in with out an invite?
This is exciting and scary...like in the trids where the heroes have to improvise to save the day.

Sentinemodo

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 4498
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #301 on: <08-16-12/1735:14> »
He'll manage and if he won't you will :D Lisp follows Fractal and Mouse.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Netzgeist

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1556
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #302 on: <08-16-12/1736:12> »
Fractal looks at the boy... Definitely, he will need to play the 'lucky charm' role; the gnome would be quite hard to believe.

"There are ways and ways to get an invite, kiddo. Our wiz-man here trust you can find a way. There are still others. As you've seen, some would require us to have a contact among the Yaks; the matrix ad you got before tells of another one, which is a certain amount of nuyen as payment. What we are looking for right now is to enter by less than that. If it work, then it will be quite a lot less.

But haven't you noticed you are hanging out with the master of the red tape?"


Then Fractal remembers that Mouse is just a small kid. Hell, "master of the red tape"; that expression was old, even for him, how could he expect the boy to know it? The kid probably haven't even seen a fancy enough club to have a barring tape at the entrance.

"Well, nevermind. But by the time being, while there are jap guys who can hear us, call me 'uncle Nick'. A 'runner handle may stand out too much."

Sichr

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 7202
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #303 on: <08-17-12/1321:13> »
Got 200 to spare, but remember, good accounting makes good friends...Just be clever and cautious. And Im not talking about biches. Revealing your talent in the place like this...you know, filled with gaming and roulette tables etc., may end up as nasty manhunt.

Sichr

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 7202
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #304 on: <08-17-12/1324:17> »
OK. I will follow the sensor feed from drones you got and focus on escape plan. Sam, Dobbey will follow you if you are going to use more physical approach. You want me to have firepower on him or HERF to disable sensors and such?

snake_eyes

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 445
« Reply #305 on: <08-17-12/1722:27> »
Mouse will use the last service of his compiled data sprite.
@Data: Data, I need for two of us to be able to get on this guys list <<ARO: picture and voice profile of bouncer>> for access to this building <<ARO: the building address>>. He has connections with the Yakuzza. Focus on some information that we can use as leverage to enter and see if you can find is comcode.

Mouse turns to unca (i mean uncle--he likes unca better) Nick...
Ok, uncle Nick. I have a friend taking a look at our bouncer buddy there to see if there is any dirt that you might be able to use to get us in. It could take 10-20min to get a response. What last name should I use for you? In the meantime I will keep scanning for his comlink. If I could physically touch it, I could also hack it.

Mouse seems a little frustrated about not being able to find the comlink. He will check Unca Omars scan program to see if it has made any progress on finding the guy's node.

Netzgeist

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1556
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #306 on: <08-17-12/1750:09> »
"Boy, don't worry about it. I'm just waiting for Sam to prepare himself. Let the entering be provided by me: I can "hack" the man's brain by voice alone.

Oh, if you need, I will go by the name on my SIN Nicholas Machiav."

snake_eyes

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 445
« Reply #307 on: <08-19-12/1954:08> »
Data Sprite (r4):
Search(4)+Browse(4)=8d6.hits(5)=3
next 10min
7d6.hits(5)=1

Sentinemodo

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 4498
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #308 on: <08-20-12/0608:13> »
Data Sprite (r4):
Search(4)+Browse(4)=8d6.hits(5)=3
next 10min
7d6.hits(5)=1

Quote from: ooc
It was a simple search (find someone who can add you to the list), complex action. Just like i stated previosuly 5 hits were necessary, so it is a failure.
On the other search, Data sprites lack the scan complex form, so it is unable to find hidden nodes for you. sorry.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Netzgeist

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1556
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #309 on: <08-27-12/2018:40> »
Quote from: OOC
Hope no one's feel bad about moving the action along, at least a little.

Fractal foot taps the pavement floor repeatly. The face is quite good at hiding his emotions, so most probably he is just trying to make a point clear and shows that time is running. He call for Sam: "Sam, you are going into a brothel, not into a wedding, dammit. I'm feeling like I'm growing roots here waiting for you - and since I've once SURGEd, I'm afraid this may well be the case! Look, we are going in, and when you feel ready, tell the bouncer you are with the handsomest and nicest guy in the house, okay?" Then he turns to the others: "Let's get going, okay? It's usual for the bride to arrive afterwards, anyway..."

That being said, the elf leads the way towards the parlor, walking straight to the bouncer at the entrance.

Sichr

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 7202
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #310 on: <08-31-12/1938:45> »
Entrance guard targetted by air support

OK. Get in. If something goes wrong at the door, we are going hot. No more time to loose.

snake_eyes

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 445
« Reply #311 on: <09-03-12/1752:01> »
As Mr. Fractal taps his foot impatiently, Mouse gets an idea. Not one he cares to use, but he might be able to redeem himself in the eyes of Unca Omar and the rest of the team. he's been a failure this whole mission and he has had enough.

He summons his registered Fault sprite R5 to the scene. I hope this works...
He uses two of the seven remaining services of the fault sprite and has the sprite maintain his two complex forms.

Search(4)+browse(3)+TM(2)-spam(1)+edge(2)=10d6.hitsopen(5,6)=6

Within a matter of 1.794sec Mouse had Utilized some of the data his sprite had provided and located someone who can and did add us to the list.
@team: I did it! We are now officially on the list.

He didn't realize just how much effort he had been making to maintain those forms. The sprite can maintain the two forms for a liitle longer for the service used, so he is going to scan for hidden nodes
Ew(4)+scan(3)+TM(2)-spam(1)=
8d6.hits(5)=3,
7d6.hits(5)=1,
6d6.hits(5)=2

Once the service is used up, he takes over sustaining the complex forms.

Sentinemodo

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 4498
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #312 on: <01-22-13/0643:42> »
Sam: "Sam, you are going into a brothel, not into a wedding, dammit. I'm feeling like I'm growing roots here waiting for you - and since I've once SURGEd, I'm afraid this may well be the case! Look, we are going in, and when you feel ready, tell the bouncer you are with the handsomest and nicest guy in the house, okay?" Then he turns to the others: "Let's get going, okay? It's usual for the bride to arrive afterwards, anyway..."

OK. I will follow the sensor feed from drones you got and focus on escape plan. Sam, Dobbey will follow you if you are going to use more physical approach. You want me to have firepower on him or HERF to disable sensors and such?

Sam is dead ...
when you haven't heard from him for a while you all turned to your respective senses be it camera, astral or human eyes (or surged for that matter) and sped to look after him inside the car.
Dead ... at first you though he just went away quietly, that his heart couldn't take the stress of dayjob, nocturnal runs, nosleep life anymore - you recall he wasn't acting like himself in the tunnels lately, catching bullets, replying late when asked.. Omar recall he's seen through the drone cameras him loosing a fight to a pair of goons... things that just shouldn't happen. But on closer inspection, he wasn't on the other side yet.... more like turned off.
His head dangerously hot at the spot you knew his cerebral implant was.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Sichr

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 7202
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #313 on: <01-22-13/1241:01> »
Shiiiiiiit....

curses Omar as he quickly:
1) puts Sams node to sandbox
2) resets Firewall and run search on old firewall log, looking for malware or intrussion traces
3) access Sams last Biomonitor log looking for list of all damaged body parts and also list of connected cyberware, since there is no place in this world for waste.

God dammit, not only he decided to die in the midddle of the run, but he  dares to do so in MY CAR!!! Put some ice on the motherfucker so he doesn`t decay until the Job`s done. Mouse, be carefull, it is possible his firmware was compromised and we have a horse in the net.

Seems we are one less, what now. Give up or move on? I vote for moving on, we can deal with the body later. And maybe you would be able to talk-fu someone inside to give us a hand if things go south, Fractal.

Netzgeist

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1556
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #314 on: <01-22-13/1329:41> »
Fractal was used to never let his real impressions and feelings bleed through his carefully build mask, but this time he was unable to determine if anyone watched his facial muscles just contort at the surprise and anger at the situation. Dammit, he would have to swallow this "reality drops" by now, and deal with it later.

For a surprisingly long time, communications on Fractal's side was silent. Then his voice was heard once again on their comunications network:

"Oh, fuck!"

It was simple, but his tone, even after all the digital processing, still meant a lot.

"Dammit. I... Dammit! Look, mates, I don't even know what to say, and I don't remember having nothing to say since learning how to speak. Drek. Omar, please try to verify what the hell happened. We do not want any implant frying ourselves on the next hours" - for a moment, the elf was almost relieved of never trusting cyberware in his body - "Damn... Look, I gave my word to Tabitha, and even though this was the most fucked up thing that happened to us since we are together, well, let's try to maintain the professional facade. We are going in, combat-monkey dead or not, and we are ending this run. Afterwards we... thing about that."

The elf takes a deep breath and when the others see his face again, it's as if nothing ever had happened.

"So, are you ready?" - He asks Lisp and Mouse.