NEWS

[SR4a] Archetypes: replacements for the Sample Characters

• 411 Replies

Dracain

• Omae
« Reply #210 on: <04-27-12/1505:48> »
So, I have to ask... why is this not pinned/stickied?
Because there is no god?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« Reply #212 on: <05-03-12/1828:09> »
ask and thy shall recieve
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #213 on: <05-03-12/1833:45> »
So, I have to ask... why is this not pinned/stickied?
Because there is no god?
Or because no one asked?
See?  Proof that there is a god.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

St. Isidor

• Newb
« Reply #214 on: <05-14-12/1251:27> »
As best as this chummer can tell, no one has compiled these archetypes in the HeroLabs character builder, and then uploaded the files.  Is that correct?  Is there any demand any the community for such a thing?

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #215 on: <05-14-12/1603:13> »
That is correct. I've heard from a few people who were interested. Depending on how things go I may eventually get around to converting them myself, but that wouldn't be for a while.

St. Isidor

• Newb
« Reply #216 on: <05-14-12/1724:33> »
If I went ahead and started doing a few, where would be the best place for me to upload the files?

W.I.Z.

• Newb
« Reply #217 on: <05-14-12/1940:06> »
Any chance of Chummer files?  I am liking the Chummer char gen and it is free...

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« Reply #218 on: <05-14-12/2345:26> »
Any chance of Chummer files?  I am liking the Chummer char gen and it is free...

seconded
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #219 on: <05-15-12/0752:37> »
Yes but it's in a legal gray area and I don't think Nebular or the community really wants to push the issue.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #220 on: <05-15-12/1133:55> »

Is Chummer Windows-only?

HeroLabs sadly is.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #221 on: <05-15-12/1135:17> »
Yes but it's in a legal gray area and I don't think Nebular or the community really wants to push the issue.

More people would buy the official one if it weren't only 5 less in cost than buying a copy of SW:TOR and a two month game time card for it and everything that's out for it. That price is ludicrous for an RPG character generator.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #222 on: <05-15-12/1212:10> »

More people would buy the official one if it weren't only 5 less in cost than buying a copy of SW:TOR and a two month game time card for it and everything that's out for it. That price is ludicrous for an RPG character generator.

I think the pricing model has been discussed ad nauseum on this and other forums - it still doesn't change the legal status of Chummer.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

St. Isidor

• Newb
« Reply #223 on: <05-15-12/1255:19> »
If I went ahead and started doing a few, where would be the best place for me to upload the files?

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #224 on: <05-15-12/2212:51> »
some OCH or maybe contact the chummer author and ask if he provides the files...

since the archetypes are intellectual property of umaro you (maybe) need to ask him for permission for distributing his work... or a derivate

but if this is done you can safely put them up at any share hoster...

but I'm from europe so I don't know about US law specifics... ;)
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls